Everquest - 20th Anniversary TLP

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
at this point why leave coirnav?

After doing Luclin on Coirnav just now I can tell you 3 months of raiding that shit or even PoP is too much. These are also the expansions where things start to get fun, especially Luclin → PoP → GoD → OOW releases where its more than just who exploited to max level the fastest.

Plus the XP is 2x the amount of Ragefire, for those of us crunched on time or who play other games that’s perfect. AA’s are already a breeze on Coirnav with that horrible XP, this is going to be 300-400 aa’s in a day LOL.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
yeah that casual server sounds great. will actually see some of the post-PoP expansions before i get bored of the server.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Oh lord this is worse than even the most pessimistic of you imagined. Mangler (and i'm sure its named after the kos dog that guards that halfling shop in rivervale, not a monster truck) is NOTHING but a regular progression server with slower xp?

/yawn why bother. just stick to p99 or al'kabor project

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

lost

<Bronze Donator>
honestly with the current tears on the forums, i would bet things could change by launch.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
at this point why leave coirnav? pop opens this week and will be faster than hardcore and only an expansion ahead of the casual server, and yeah 1 month unlocks is too fast IMO unless you want to ride the wave to experience the upper servers but you wont get bis each expansion cause 1 month is too fast. - played on sleeper.

will be interesting to see where people go. i guess casual at first for classic experience but 1 month people casuals will fall behind and prob end up back at coirnav.

So you play on Selo a bit, it starts to get to GoD and you aren't interested but you still want to play a bit more EQ. "You know, Kunark isn't bad and Velious is right after it" you think to yourself. You switch over to Mangler and you make a new character. You enter the game and you punch a snake. A level one even con is 0.7% of a level. After 143 snakes you level and start in on the fire beetles. You start to auto attack down fire beetles. It takes 300 to get to level 3.

No one that starts on Selo is going to be able to withstand that whiplash. Whatever population Mangler has at the open is all the population it is ever going to have.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Wow, your post just made me go look, it's glorious!

honestly with the current tears on the forums, i would bet things could change by launch.

Selo has merit. Its got some sparkle. I can see people having a good time on it and I can see it dragging in some people that weren't otherwise going to ever come back to EQ again.

Mangler has nothing going for it. I hope they scrap the whole fucking thing and start over. Buckle to the forum warriors you fucks, buckle!

Cabales

Trakanon Raider
I'm kind of torn on this. I'd like to play on Mangler as that suits my play style better, but I'm worried it will be a ghost town. I get that everyone is burnt out on the TLPs and that Mangler doesn't have anything to make it stand out, but I haven't played for more than a few days since OOW came out, so it's all new for me. This would be my first real attempt at a TLP and I have no interest in racing.

I suppose I could roll a character on Coirnav, but I don't really want to skip the Kunark and Velious eras. Now I have to give this some more thought.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wow, your post just made me go look, it's glorious!

I mean they did this to themselves. By not showing the rules day one they allowed people to formulate in their mind what the best rules would be. Which in the end nothing was going to satisfy people after you let them do this.

Sometimes you got to tell people what they want instead of letting them think what they want.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Selo has merit. Its got some sparkle. I can see people having a good time on it and I can see it dragging in some people that weren't otherwise going to ever come back to EQ again.

Mangler has nothing going for it. I hope they scrap the whole fucking thing and start over. Buckle to the forum warriors you fucks, buckle!
Yeah, i see zero benefit to mangler. If the dates didn't conflict i would actually consider playing on Selos. But the nerdrage is on the forums is awesome.

• 1Like

lost

<Bronze Donator>
So you play on Selo a bit, it starts to get to GoD and you aren't interested but you still want to play a bit more EQ. "You know, Kunark isn't bad and Velious is right after it" you think to yourself. You switch over to Mangler and you make a new character. You enter the game and you punch a snake. A level one even con is 0.7% of a level. After 143 snakes you level and start in on the fire beetles. You start to auto attack down fire beetles. It takes 300 to get to level 3.

No one that starts on Selo is going to be able to withstand that whiplash. Whatever population Mangler has at the open is all the population it is ever going to have.

yeah its going to be interesting.. could see lot of people taking this year off and maybe not coming back or waiting for next TLP. really is no in between here. i always thought starting at luclin is a dumb idea since population seems to drop off by luclin/pop, and one month unlocks too fast and im sure most casuals wanted to relive classic-luclin but slower unlocks. so those people are out. they wont touch hardcore, so they just alienated the people that actually pay $18 kronos.

ill prob tell my dad cause he wanted to see after luclin tho just faster exp. but im sure hell be like one month is too fast i just got started!

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
ill prob tell my dad cause he wanted to see after luclin tho just faster exp. but im sure hell be like one month is too fast i just got started!

According to their FAQ Selo will get Planes of Power on the first of May so it's like six weeks of Luclin. After that new expansions unlock on Wed every four weeks.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider

Tears is an understatement, they are straight rioting against Selos server. People sound like they wanted the 20th TLP to be their forever online home and their world just got turned upside down that theyll only have a month in each. The only thing that could improve Selos server is FV loot rules.

gugabuba

Golden Knight of the Realm
The only thing that could improve Selos server is FV loot rules.

Won't the fast instances eliminate any hint of Open World competition? I was hoping to read some good shitposting and am now concerned.

I bet the delay was them trying to do something to decrease player power for the Hardcore server and either not being able to or not agreeing on what it should be. I'm surprised by the greater xp penalty on death as I didn't realize that was easy to change--does it vary on any other server?

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
so IF I played manglar, finding a cleric to rez every single death is gonna be a requirement isint it? Oh man I'm a masochist.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Tears is an understatement, they are straight rioting against Selos server. People sound like they wanted the 20th TLP to be their forever online home and their world just got turned upside down that theyll only have a month in each. The only thing that could improve Selos server is FV loot rules.

Selos is kind of great. And you actually have about 6 weeks till PoP.

SORRY EVERYONE THERE WAS A MIX UP SELO IS ACTUALLY THE HARDCORE SERVER, DETAILS ON THE CASUAL SERVER YET TO COME, PUT DOWN THE PITCHFORKS AND TORCHES

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Going to try Selos, and would have been happy with just RF/LJ exp rates, but 1 month sounds too fast for me. 2 months and it would have been my dream server