Everquest - 20th Anniversary TLP

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Stosh

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Is there a way to buy subscription time with the Daybreak Cash? I swear there was, but can't find anything on the website or in the game.

SOE used to have 3X station cash promotions once or twice a year. If you combined that with the Walmart promotion where you would get 2000 points for a $15 dollar game card, times three you would get 6000 points for $15. So people would wait for that promo and subscribe for an entire year for $30. Once too many people started to do that, the 3X events and being able to sub with those points basically ended.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I played a bard for years back in the day without melody. No way I'd ever do that again. It's just too tedious.

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I imagine there are easy programs (autohotkey?) That can do what melody does and be undetectable anyway.

Needless

Toe Sucker
it's true

it just makes me sad that i dont think ive seen a single bard on mangler that wasnt just a melody bot hahah

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Damn I'm unsure about Mangler or Selo, or if I want to do it at all. Either of them have less assholes / training idiots / botters / hackers?

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Damn I'm unsure about Mangler or Selo, or if I want to do it at all. Either of them have less assholes / training idiots / botters / hackers?

I'm pretty sure you don't want to play EQ. Start on selos and switch to mangler if ya don't like it.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm

I could be wrong here, but my understanding is that mangler has significantly more botters and krono farmers and selo has the hyper competitive tryhards. I'd pick the ruleset you like more...

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The most telling thing about Selo's population is that they did not release the 2nd spill-over server. No doubt, the server is vibrant and well populated, but it doesn't feel over crowded by any means. Having the 3 extra expansions to space people out is a total TLP game changer from the cluster fuck of just old-world zones.

It feels like there might be 2,000 active players on Selo. I have regularly grouped with the same names randomly over the course of the last week by just joining pick-up-groups or adding random LFG's. Right now, the server population feels about perfect.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I have another hot take

GEBs is pronounced "Jebs"

Ah yes the Jolden Efreeti Boots.

I played on Saryrn server and most people just said "sair-in." When PoP came out, I heard Saryrn referred to as "Sar-ee-ern," which made me take note of the r before the n and it kinda blew my mind.

• 1Blown

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I have another hot take.

A little bird has told me there is a special sweet wedding tonight on Mangler at the docks for two roleplayers.

A845E716-F0A6-4C64-84DD-5A1E34C7E40A.jpeg
4C5848E8-7F9B-422C-BED2-C29B34891D68.png

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Mangler population is perfect. Definitely recommend playing there if you don't mind 3 months per expansion. 1-50 generally takes about 3 days played.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Well fuck I might try mangler out after all now that I have time. Can you pay for daybreak subs with Steam bucks by chance?

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I realized I posted this in the Selo thread and not the main anniversary one.

My buddy in Orlando messaged me on facebook with:

"in a starbucks doing some work and theres a hobo with two laptops and he's multiboxing eq
i like to think he's one of the OG hardcore players that just never quit and this is where it has led him
😅
"

So admit it. Which one of you hobos is dual boxing at Starbucks?

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Just a general FYI, but DZs don't have nerfed experience like devs and others have mistakenly said. If you're not raiding the content and have a six box or a steady group, they make for some great dungeon running.