Everquest - 20th Anniversary TLP

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Is it possible that there are no 4k UIs for Everquest? Anybody have any infos?

I've been trying to find something to use for my 40" 4k TV, but i can't find shit. All regular UIs just look too tiny and i can't see shit, captain! Also, going down to 1080p just looks janky as fuck.

Halp!

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Is it possible that there are no 4k UIs for Everquest? Anybody have any infos?

I've been trying to find something to use for my 40" 4k TV, but i can't find shit. All regular UIs just look too tiny and i can't see shit, captain! Also, going down to 1080p just looks janky as fuck.

Halp!

I have looked and been unable to find any UIs that are higher than 1080p.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
A ghetto six box setup. Really should just get three more monitors and make it look better but this will have to do for now. Still gotta set up the numpads/macros.

20190315_153845.jpg

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
A ghetto six box setup. Really should just get three more monitors and make it look better but this will have to do for now. Still gotta set up the numpads/macros.

View attachment 199651

Three weeks ago:

This game is insidious. Absolutely insidious.

When the TLP announcement happened, I started getting interested in maybe going back so I created a guy on Test and ran around for about 15 minutes and thought, "Wow, this completely killed my interest in playing this. I'm glad I did this." And I promptly deleted the EQ install.

Still, I hung around reading the thread and occasionally checked Alla's. A little reading into things that have changed since the old days and browsing the TLP forum at DBG's site. Just a little interest here and there.

Now, somehow, I've talked myself into 3-boxing at Selo's start, possibly buying another cheap computer to do so, along with starting a crew on Mangler in mid Kunark, all the while hoping to join a raiding guild on Selo before PoP hits. I've been leveling up multiple characters to reacquaint myself with certain and learn about classes I never played. What cursed thing is this EverQuest?

• 11Worf
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 13 users

Jarek

Molten Core Raider
RobXIII RobXIII enc/dru is powerful with double charm pets, but might be a bit much to box.

I boxed my Enc/Druid on the old progression server in 2010 or so, using only 1 PC and alt-tabbing. I solo’d the basement in Karnor’s on my grind to 60 for example, those skeletons that you have to swim to. That is a very tight-spaced area but once you break the spawn it wasn’t that bad, just have to not panic and think ahead.

Doing shit like that just requires your complete attention mostly, and knowing the standard Enc tricks: Use level 4 Mez on re-charm (fast cast low mana), keep Druid snare on charmed mob constantly to buy you breathing room on breaks, keep Berzerker line (reagent free rune) up at all times, etc

It’s not that hard if you know what you’re doing, remain calm, and don’t get bored or distracted.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Excited for this as I've missed previous TLPs. I am ready to take the path of true poopsockery since 1999-2000. Below showcases the arduous path that follows. Wish me luck on my endeavor, friends. This will soon be my reality.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I boxed my Enc/Druid on the old progression server in 2010 or so, using only 1 PC and alt-tabbing. I solo’d the basement in Karnor’s on my grind to 60 for example, those skeletons that you have to swim to. That is a very tight-spaced area but once you break the spawn it wasn’t that bad, just have to not panic and think ahead.

Doing shit like that just requires your complete attention mostly, and knowing the standard Enc tricks: Use level 4 Mez on re-charm (fast cast low mana), keep Druid snare on charmed mob constantly to buy you breathing room on breaks, keep Berzerker line (reagent free rune) up at all times, etc

It’s not that hard if you know what you’re doing, remain calm, and don’t get bored or distracted.

I did a lot of sketchy things with that combo too, I mostly got away with just having 2 AE stuns up for breaks (until you start fighting things too high level to stun). This time I'm going for shaman. I've loved grouping when malo was on the pet, charm almost always lasted max duration with malo+tash. Plus shaman dots got that sick buff.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah id imagine they would have added or will add more shit.

Lets see how long it takes to get actually playing lol

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I laugh, because we always ping the servers like 5minutes before they're supposed to come up, and every release it takes a few hours to stabilize. This is why I don't do drugs, because I'd probably also do something stupid for that fix too :p /hides