Everquest - 20th Anniversary TLP

lost

<Bronze Donator>
^ reason why i went 5 necros/1 druid on coirnav for efreeti, lmao. damn asians couldnt touch me. honestly tho its easy to train someone that doesnt have a map.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
^ reason why i went 5 necros/1 druid on coirnav for efreeti, lmao. damn asians couldnt touch me. honestly tho its easy to train someone that doesnt have a map.

Your boy from old school TL Tyree aka Starklen said he will also play this until he gets banned lol

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
fishkermit.jpg

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Uliadyen

Golden Knight of the Realm
Definitely can't wait to see all the familiar faces on one of the servers. Really hoping that True Box is disabled on at least one, because this 1 account per pc is soo 1999.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Launch the game with classic through luclin open so we can actually use the different lowbie zones.

I don't want to deal with 3 month unlocks starting at classic. 1 Month tops for expansion unlocks.

No truebox at all, seriously fuck this shit.

FV loot rules.

Normal Live standard exp rate.

Plenty of Aoc's and pick zones.

There you go, fun server with no special bullshit changes requested that aren't going to happen.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Wynn

If non-truebox I can't wait to live the dream I've had since RF/LJ. I won't even have a guild, I'll be rolling 54 boxes, probably 45+ of them monks, and nonstop kronolording until all the accounts are banned.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
My hunch is that one of the servers will have full boxing and it will be the ultra-casual server that does. Lockjaw and Ragefire early on both had crazy populations and while the later progression servers have been successful none of them have had week one Ragefire oh fuck let's launch another server type numbers that I'm sure they would like to pull in again.

Cabales

Trakanon Raider
Haven't really played EQ in many years. I know what Krono are, but how are people using it to pay for so many accounts without actually coming out of pocket? Is it just farm as much stuff as you can, sell it for plat, and then buy krono with the plat? Or is there something more subtle going on here?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Haven't really played EQ in many years. I know what Krono are, but how are people using it to pay for so many accounts without actually coming out of pocket? Is it just farm as much stuff as you can, sell it for plat, and then buy krono with the plat? Or is there something more subtle going on here?

As they are account bound the krono market is a (sorta) developed economy and is in place minute one on a fresh server. Lots of people have lots of them and are and willing to exchange them for all manner of currency and items, especially early on. Locking down a huge chunk of Lower Guk and later farming Hate all by yourself is profitable enough for the super boxers to sustain and even make a profit month to month. Each expansion usually has at least a couple options for the guy with a full raid to keep going with the more skillful boxers also taking down profitable raid targets.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
When kunark launched on Agnarr I was boxing 3 toons (1 pc and 2 laptops) and I was playing with Kobin who was running 3 toons as well.

We went right to the King camp in Seb and held that most of the first week in 1 of the picks.

We were selling fungi staves for 10-14kr and tunics for around 6-8 the first week or so. Just that camp alone paid off my main 3 accounts for years.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lushie

Lord Nagafen Raider
I signed up already. I have a job right now so hopefully I can schedule time off for launch. Seems like the last hurrah for tlps with Classic WoW and other games coming out.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
My hunch is that one of the servers will have full boxing and it will be the ultra-casual server that does. Lockjaw and Ragefire early on both had crazy populations and while the later progression servers have been successful none of them have had week one Ragefire oh fuck let's launch another server type numbers that I'm sure they would like to pull in again.

The shit part of Ragefire no one likes to remember is when a guild like TL sends everyone packing is that = poopsock time. Lockjaw taking a couple of guilds away helped but we still had people waiting at the major raid mobs almost sometimes as soon as we had killed something. I will never poopsock or take part in sitting at a mob in my life again, losing guilds do it to bother the main guild and guess what it works. Newbie zones were also battlegrounds if you weren’t in a premade ahead of the curve you barely could XP. XPing was finally ok once the /pickzones started but it was fucking horrible before that.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Uliadyen

If non-truebox I can't wait to live the dream I've had since RF/LJ. I won't even have a guild, I'll be rolling 54 boxes, probably 45+ of them monks, and nonstop kronolording until all the accounts are banned.

2 Warrior, 1 SK, 1 Pal, 7 clerics, 5 shaman, 30 monk, 6 wizard and/or druid (ports), 2 ench (for early on, anyway) likely give you a tad better bang for your buck =p But I agree. I'd love the True Box crap to be lifted so I could run at least 2 or 3 groups without this complete nonsense they have now. People complain about Ragefire/Lockjaw because of the box armies, well shit, that all would've been resolved simply by adding the AoCs they added for Phinny. Group game like Ench/Wiz/Sk epics would've still been screwed, and VP/Emp/VT Keys would've been a pain, but it would be an amazing hit of a server (as someone above mentioned).