Everquest - 20th Anniversary TLP

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I have now convinced myself that "ultra-casual" will mean in part minimal to zero key/flagging requirements.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
I think people are expecting more drastic changes to what a normal TLP has been than there is going to be,

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I think people are expecting more drastic changes to what a normal TLP has been than there is going to be,

With the time remaining they've given themselves the ability to scoop any decent, easy to implement ideas people suggest for either the "ultra-casual" server or the "hardcore" server. Changing Trakanon's Tooth to also function as a VP key would be easy and fit the theme. I'm not saying it's what they'll do or even that it is a good idea but I figure some people will have some ideas that are decent that will filter their way through.

• 1Like

Wynn

Golden Knight of the Realm
Thing is on LJ, I six boxed using isboxer and standard broadcasting and all that. There were a lot of things I didn't understand and etc, but been playing again on the old TLPs the last year or so and learned the ways to really get legit with the big box setups. Certainly never actually done 54 (there are several 54-boxers I know on Ragefire that clear raid content by themselves, including DemiPlane in DoDH), but the possibility is out there :)

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
But do they have the highest serverwide DPS for a single player in Everquest history guaranteed?

sdw.jpg

• 2Like

rad

Lord of Guk
It was a weird time for Regime Regime in velious, he didn't talk much and never rolled on gear. Sterling, Kontra and Tago regularly topped him on deeps too. Sad. Low Energy.

bigdickreg.jpg

• 1Worf

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
Most of the problems associated with no trubox have been solved with pickzones and aocs. Furthermore, there has been a sharp rise of very large box armies on Agnarr and Coirnav lately so there is obviously a working MQ out there. All trubox is doing at this point is hurting the casual people who don't own a second computer. I fully believe it is actually hurting DBG's bottom line as it restricts how many paid accounts exist.

• 1Like

Cupie12

Send Tits Pls
Most of the problems associated with no trubox have been solved with pickzones and aocs. Furthermore, there has been a sharp rise of very large box armies on Agnarr and Coirnav lately so there is obviously a working MQ out there. All trubox is doing at this point is hurting the casual people who don't own a second computer. I fully believe it is actually hurting DBG's bottom line as it restricts how many paid accounts exist.

True box solved the issue of instead of there being 19 or 20 huge boxers now theres only a handful and most of them arent douches about it. Removing true box would just allow for rampant MQ2 use again just like on ragefire/lockjaw where everyone boxed 4+ mages or you didnt get to do any good krono content.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I don't have any objection to some new progression servers allowing full boxing as a feature and think it would be a good idea for one of the new servers to have it but after Ragefire and Lockjaw I'm not interested in that ever being the default for these servers ever again. Unbridled boxing enables the consumption and monopolization of group and raid level content by single players or very small coordinated teams. It heavily devalues certain classes. It creates immense pressure on people not boxing to also become boxers to stay competitive. For example if you are trying to level very quickly the best way to do so is to have twenty or more Magicians out of group and each solo dpsing for the characters you are actually trying to level. That is just the way you do things. That kind of Everquest is an entirely different animal. If people like all of the options that boxing enables than more power to them but don't try and force that on everyone. If Daybreak is doing a shitty job of catching rule breakers I don't consider the abandonment of rules baked in to the server to be any kind of solution.

• 2Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It was a weird time for Regime Regime in velious, he didn't talk much and never rolled on gear. Sterling, Kontra and Tago regularly topped him on deeps too. Sad. Low Energy.

View attachment 191809

Hardcore server-

Guild: Regime you’re the last person able to rez rad rad corpse in Plane of Mischief. No necros on and his corpse timer is at 5 mins.”

Regime gates

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Tevinter

Lord Nagafen Raider
im eating nothing but taco bell and drinking nothing but 4lokos from server start until i hit max level. should be a fun time

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Yeah I won’t play on a server that allows box armies. It is just terrible for the game in every way but great for the pockets of DBG for sure.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Tevinter

Lord Nagafen Raider
im eating nothing but taco bell and drinking nothing but 4lokos from server start until i hit max level. should be a fun time
real talk though, im excited for this server launch. Looking forward to having a compelling reason to play EQ again. Not looking forward to this server launching in the middle of the semester.

Probably go SK or paladin this time around, fuck doing monk again.

• 1Like