Everquest 3 - 2028?

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
I look forward to going Link Dead for the last time at the 3rd torch in EverQuest 3 VR in 2058.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
What does "Dev Budget $30+ mm" mean?

And yeah I feel like this probably means EQ1 and 2 are gonna be winding to a close update-wise if they're focusing on a new third one. Doesn't feel like EQ1 really needs more live updates, it's pretty much reached "coast mode" and the last few expansions just didn't do much to excite me. Wouldn't shock me if the last expansion was in Q4 2023 or Q4 2024 before they switch entirely to the new one.

Two more expansions is probably the sweet spot. Level 125 is a nice round stopping point. Hoping they finish off the Planes re-make expansions (Plane of Water/Earth counterpart to Burning Lands would be a good one) and then give us one last one to tie it all up, maybe bring the dragons back one more time.
2024 is also EQ's 25th anniversary. It seems like a "natural" stopping point, tbh. The game will "live on" as long as boomers like us are alive to keep it afloat via classic/emu servers, but the game/ip has been essentially dead since 2010ish, at the latest.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
What does "Dev Budget $30+ mm" mean?

And yeah I feel like this probably means EQ1 and 2 are gonna be winding to a close update-wise if they're focusing on a new third one. Doesn't feel like EQ1 really needs more live updates, it's pretty much reached "coast mode" and the last few expansions just didn't do much to excite me. Wouldn't shock me if the last expansion was in Q4 2023 or Q4 2024 before they switch entirely to the new one.

Two more expansions is probably the sweet spot. Level 125 is a nice round stopping point. Hoping they finish off the Planes re-make expansions (Plane of Water/Earth counterpart to Burning Lands would be a good one) and then give us one last one to tie it all up, maybe bring the dragons back one more time.
MM = mille mille. Thousand thousand.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
what exactly is going to take four years?

with chatgpt automating coding
and unreal 5's abilities

who are these people and why do they have positions in high end companies?

Do they need to purchase office chairs and there's a backorder on the black kind?

Do they just live in a vacuum and not know how google bard and chatgpt work?

What exactly is taking four years?

see my thread fires of heaven and our continued disappointment

this is just another AAA title they will be teasing us with that /some random thing/ will occur and we will be back to 2000's EQ and WoW for 100th time.

Can someone please describe what is taking four years?

Is the art asset for the tree next to the river going to take four years to form?

Are there design principles so in depth that they need to brainstorm and think tank exactly how a druid is going to work for 72 weeks?

Anyone else feel like mathematically providing by juxtaposing Chatgpt and bard's capabilities that these articles are actually

FUCKING FAKE

and this narrative is

FUCKING FAKE

and the lizard people are

FUCKING EVIL
Damn I made it all the way to the first “fucking fake” before I realized it was the retard posting. Losing my touch.

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 8 users

Jasker

brown please <Wow Guild Officer> /brown please
Damn I made it all the way to the first “fucking fake” before I realized it was the retard posting. Losing my touch.

That's like the entire post therefor you didn't detect I was a 'retard' therefor you're just mad and I'm not currently mad.

• 1Hodjing

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
That's like the entire post therefor you didn't detect I was a 'retard' therefor you're just mad and I'm not currently mad.

You're aware that's what he's saying, right?

Looks like you just confirmed that you're the AI and it's everyone ELSE living in a false reality. You're fucking busted, bro

Jasker

brown please <Wow Guild Officer> /brown please

Looks like you just confirmed that you're the AI and it's everyone ELSE living in a false reality. You're fucking busted, bro

How is that 'retarded' if he can't discern my identity until an obvious take? Him saying losing his touch does not validate the fact he only saw an outlier to attack me with, and before that It was a completely reasonable post.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
How is that 'retarded' if he can't discern my identity until an obvious take? Him saying losing his touch does not validate the fact he only saw an outlier to attack me with, and before that It was a completely reasonable post.
Go shit up your rickshaw threads and get some fucking mental health help.

Also, chat gpt can't code a fucking MMO, you imbecile.

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
everyday I'm doxing

everyday I'm doxing

yo everyday im doxalin everyday I'm everyday I'm

everyday I dox evil

I fucking dox evil

I'm a guy that treats evil like I'm the master in medieval

yoyoyoyoy

everyday I dox evil

be prepared

don't be scared

im coming for your clones

gonna disrupt your evil ecosystem

fuck your marriage up cause your wife should know you're evil and sinister behind some fucking Draco throne

yo yo yo yo

everyday I dox yo ass

everyday I'm doxxing your a$$

--tg
alex jones GIF

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

DEAN DEAN DEAN DEAN DEAN DEAN DEAN DEAN DEAN DEAN DEAN DEAN DEAN DEAN DEAN DEAN DEAN DEAN DEAN DEAN DEAN DEAN DEAN DEAN DEAN DEAN DEAN

• 1Worf

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Mm is shorthand in finance speak for millions.
BN is billions

30+ would imply that it’s at least 30, could be more

If the total budget is $30 million, that's...actually a really solid amount for a game at this point in time I think. This might actually be something. I'm guessing the current EQ1 staff aren't gonna be tasked with this, but rather new people will be brought on to work with some EQ1 and EQ2 veterans.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

This particular thread is like flypaper for 'tards

Edit: This particular subject I mean, given the Oakwynd thread as of late

Last edited:

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
The Everquest IP has close to zero value.

Not enough people played it, nobody talks about it outside this forum, it was active before YouTube/streaming so there little footage/memes.

It and similar games influenced the devs of more popular games and that's it's legacy and reach. It isn't coming back.

Not enough people purposefully look for an MMO to play. They get sucked in by a sequel to a gaming IP they like (Warcraft/Final Fantasy) or are broke kids looking for a free game and encounter Runescape.

Every MMO based on a unique IP or a non gaming IP has failed. Nobody is playing Everquest these days (3500 a day apparently) so nobody is waiting for a sequel.

True to form.

More shit takes than a Japanese mushroom farm.

• 3Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users