Everquest - Coirnav Progression Server

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just wish we knew the names of the devs who said, "Hey, let's re-do Freeport!"

Name and shame.

Smedley_20Daybreak.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not that re-working zones is bad... the better question is:

Who signed off on the new Freeport and thought "this is great! Push it live!"?

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Do you think if I remade the character models in the style of the old they would use them?

• 1Like

Arentak

Trakanon Raider
I wouldn't hate new Freeport quite as much if they cut some fucking holes through some of the walls so you could walk a goddamn semi-straight line from place to place.
I've learned New Freeport pretty well now. But I can still close my eyes and do the run from gate to north freeport bank while remembering the hits from the guards as I try and get up that ramp without getting stunned and killed. It has too much empty space, the new one, but man, does it have EVERYTHING. It really is like..the most useful city in EQ Classic, even if the layout is meh.

• 1Like

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I don't know how many times i've complained about the Freeport rework. It just looks bad. The old Freeport had some color and character to it. Now it looks like they used the color palette "dog turd" to texture the zone.

• 1Worf

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Do you think if I remade the character models in the style of the old they would use them?
Probably not. If it was all done with local file swaps though people would for sure use them if it could be done without the patcher overwriting. I know I would

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
lost lost How you getting another 40 slot bag? I feel dumb, as I didn't even get to Kunark on Agnarr, but burned all my bags there. $70 down the drain, but damn was it nice to have that bag space in Classic!

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Well I only have the steadfast on the account I'm using, I was thinking of starting new accounts for the new server but not sure. Theres another bag called broker's bag and its same but different name as the steadfast so I'm sure you can have both steadfast and brokers.

Otherwise yeah I'd just make a new account if you already bought those both.

Sterling

El Presidente
The problem with making new accounts is that at some point you get Vet rewards and those are a much bigger deal than a bag.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
sure if you play that far. you could also transfer the char to your vet account by the time vet rewards are out i bet they will have reopened account to account transfers.

i generally make all alts on new accounts and new accounts each server so i can rmt them later or box if alts are on diff accounts. havent rmted any accounts on agnarr tho too scared, so gonna just use same accounts for coirnav since they already have 2FA.

Last edited:

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>
I like the new zone designs, embedded map system, the Origin AA you get at level 5, etc.

• 1Picard

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Some of them are ok. Nek, Commons, Oasis are all decent. Freeport feels awful tho, it has no flow.

• 1Barf

Needless

Toe Sucker
Those would be okay if they still used the same textures and shit, then i'd agree.

Freeport is still shit either way though

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>
/neckbeard on

Freeport needed a refreshing enema ... and Qeynos still does. I like the new city, but I would have used two different design teams:

Team 1 = "Learn who Valeron Dushire is and create the 'City of Valor.' Use the original Freeport as primary influence."
Team 1 produces first round new Freeport design

Team 2 = Outsourced independent gaming studio
Team 2 = "Learn who Lucan D'Lere is and use Team 1's design as a starting point. Use Istanbul, Turkey as an influence. Some of Team 1's design elements should remain untouched ... otherwise architecture should be disruptive and inconsistent. It's the crossroads of Norrath!"
Team 2 produces final Freeport design

/neckbeard off

• 1Like

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Is anyone actually going to be playing here beyond krono farming though? I've never heard anyone else actually playing for more than the initial rush.

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
initial rush plat RMT is always legit. You are guarenteed to make at least $1k/mo for first 6 months without trying too hard

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
So $6000 in 6 months grinding 10+ hours a day? Risking a ban here or there that may destroy the stock.
Let's also add in the deficit you will run in take out food, energy drinks, coffee, etc to stay awake and grind. Let's completely ignore the massive negative health benefits this accomplishment will set you back in the long haul of your entire life.

I mean break that down into minimum wage terms and let's see the numbers working 40 hours a week at minimum wage.

I know the majority of you are grown up now and probably pull decent numbers per hour by now??

What are you even doing with this krono surplus? Selling them one by one for $? How are you avoiding ban? They are all over that. Oh, you're buying a shield of the immaculate with it? Nice. Buying a CoF in classic to do 12 dps more than the next guy? I don't get it

Don't let DBG win with this copy paste server....

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity