Tranny Chaser
make 60k in one year on EQ

Pls no

red button kitty.gif

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Wynn

Golden Knight of the Realm
So many people really underestimate how lucrative RMT'ing on games can be. EQ is just not the greatest example because it's only lucrative in small windows and despite popular EQ forum belief, it's not viable to AFK farm for long periods of time without getting banned like other games. On a TLP launch, if you are actually trying and are efficient, you can make about 10-15k in the first month, and about 7-8k each month for the rest of classic. It's perfectly viable to make around 5k a month each month after that all the way through luclin.

I've never RMT'd professionally as the only means of living, but I know a lot of people who have or still do. They do it across several games and make a very good living doing it. For example, I have a friend who runs an afk crafting/farming/market script on the final fantasy online game. He runs it 24 hours a day and barely has to touch it, and consistently pulls in about 4-8k a month for the last 2 years on there. He runs similar script programs across several other games. All in all he averages about 15-20k a month and the only actual work he has to do is the actual RMT'ing of the stuff which is minimal hours per day.

For a few years on LoL before they shut all the scripting companies down, I ran AFK script bots on there and sold botted lvl 30 accounts. I didn't have to do any work with it other than keep the computers on with the script running, and do an account info dump once a week to the site I sold them to that took only a few minutes. You could make 3-4k a month doing this which is pretty nice on top of my military pay.

Point is, there is a ridiculous amount of people who make six figures a year RMT'ing in games. There's dozens of examples of people who have made in the millions from RMT'ing.

If you only want to talk about EQ RMT though, I would estimate that if you did it year around, and assuming they launch 1 TLP a year, you could easily make 60k-70k a year which isn't terrible especially if you live in states where cost of living is super low.

I dunno, from everything I've seen MMO RMTing makes you a cuck. Like I think there's probably money to be made in sucking dick too, doesn't make it a respectable occupation.

• 7Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What year do you think this is? 2005? lol

The market in any mainstream game is cornered by the chinese? False. The companies with the largest sales in League of Legends were all US and Europe based companies, mainly ran by 1 or 2 people in their house. The companies with the largest sales in CS:GO again were American and European. Let's not forget 2 of the largest RMT companies during WoW's time, including one of the largest chinese gold farming companies were led by Americans. All of the most lucrative RMT market games now days have their markets separated to begin with by region, where it's not even viable to be paying people over in asia to do things on accounts in america.
Even when the largest RMT company for a game is led by people over in Asia, it doesn't mean you still can't make 6 figures in that game in America.

If you want to talk about EQ RMT, guild leaders are not doing more business than single player farmers lol. We can break it down by krono amount if you want to.
To make 60k in one year on EQ you would have to farm 6,000 krono in a year at $10 each. 25-30k of that you are making in classic on a TLP, which means in 3 months you would have to farm 2500-3000 krono. That equates to 33 krono a day. You are making 1500 krono in the first month of classic, which is 50 krono a day. There are several camps in the first month of classic, where you will average 50-80 krono a day. That means you only need to farm another 1500 krono in the remaining 2 months, which is only 25 krono a day. Which is again, extremely easy to do. That means for the remaining 9 months of the year, you only need to farm another 3000 krono, which is only 11 krono a day. 11 krono a day even towards the end of each expansion is pretty easy to do. At the beginning of kunark, velious, and luclin you can easily make 20-50 krono a day in the first few weeks, lowering to about 10 krono a day for the remaining time. Me saying you can make 60k in one year if you actually tried as an individual person is actually a low estimate, taking in to account that you would not play every day and take breaks for weeks at a time.

source.gif

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Ravanta

Trakanon Raider
So many people really underestimate how lucrative RMT'ing on games can be.

If you only want to talk about EQ RMT though, I would estimate that if you did it year around

Ugh, just the thought of relying on EQ farming as a form of income makes me want to hurl. I'm sure we all know why games like EQ can be habit forming, especially since it is becoming common knowledge that random reward systems produce more dopamine in most people when compared to rewards based on a set schedule.

My own experience with RMT in EQ is fairly limited, as I farmed occasionally in a couple of expansions. I really only sold platinum and the occasional chase item to one particular company, never bothered to sell it to people directly. During my velious farming heyday I was averaging somewhere around $25 an hour but I just couldn't do it more than 3-4 hours a day because the repetition was just so boring. I'm sure others could do more, but I never liked playing more than one character at a time. That lasted a few months before I stopped completely. Some time later things got pretty insane though, due to my getting extremely lucky, I ended up with more platinum than I could ever liquidate. I sold a fair amount but stopped because I lost interest in the game.

I'm realizing now that if I spent the time to liquidate it, I could probably pick up a watch I've been fantasizing about purchasing for the last couple of years. It sounds like a really good idea actually. The people who farm video games full time to support themselves must have complete immunity from boredom. It reminds me of those guys whose job it is to work in those remote weather stations. Completely isolated, and nothing really to do but read books and watch their fingernails grow.

Needless

Toe Sucker
nothing better than 80-100 hours a week of farming GEBs for 3 months straight

"Maw' maw get the shotgun i can't handle this anymore"

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ugh, just the thought of relying on EQ farming as a form of income makes me want to hurl. I'm sure we all know why games like EQ can be habit forming, especially since it is becoming common knowledge that random reward systems produce more dopamine in most people when compared to rewards based on a set schedule.

My own experience with RMT in EQ is fairly limited, as I farmed occasionally in a couple of expansions. I really only sold platinum and the occasional chase item to one particular company, never bothered to sell it to people directly. During my velious farming heyday I was averaging somewhere around $25 an hour but I just couldn't do it more than 3-4 hours a day because the repetition was just so boring. I'm sure others could do more, but I never liked playing more than one character at a time. That lasted a few months before I stopped completely. Some time later things got pretty insane though, due to my getting extremely lucky, I ended up with more platinum than I could ever liquidate. I sold a fair amount but stopped because I lost interest in the game.

I'm realizing now that if I spent the time to liquidate it, I could probably pick up a watch I've been fantasizing about purchasing for the last couple of years. It sounds like a really good idea actually. The people who farm video games full time to support themselves must have complete immunity from boredom. It reminds me of those guys whose job it is to work in those remote weather stations. Completely isolated, and nothing really to do but read books and watch their fingernails grow.

Well the thing is, you really aren't playing the game that much when farming EQ. In other games afk scripting is the most common thing for rmt'ers so they aren't having to play the game at all.

Think about this, most eq camps are on a 20 to 30 min timer for respawns. You spend maybe 1 minute to clear the spawns. In reality, you are really only doing something in the game for 2-3 minutes every hour. For example when I farm, and if no one is messing with me, half the time I'm not even at my computer. I walk back right before the stuff respawns, kill it, then leave again for 19-29 minutes and do other things. Even if you sat at your computer the whole time there is plenty to do, watch youtube, movies, online college, or even people who work from home at their computer already anyway. A few rmt'ers i know already work programming jobs from home and just have a box crew set up at a camp and kill the mobs once every 20-30 minutes and go back to working.

• 1Barf
  • 1Like

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I remember back in like 2009? IDK it was catacysm era I used honorbuddy to run 20 protection paladins across different servers/factions to farm herbs and mines, it was about $100 for a max level account but I liked to level my own and prot paladins were easy to automate leveling. So once max level they farmed $100 worth of mats a week per account. The script would go node to node, bags full it would hearth and mail to my auction house mule then fly back to the zone it was in and continue farming.

I spent about 2 hours a day empting my auction house mule's mailbox for AH profits/COD/Farmed materials and using addons to list or bulk mail COD to private buyers. So yeah scripts ftw. It was crazy watching it take a good 5 minutes to empty my mailbox. Even some of those auction house addons are like their own scripts, kept track of prices for me, the price i listed at, the average, would snipe cheap items etc.

The cherry on top was honorbuddy was kick ass for pvp so I picked up a pvp routine and people that would stalk me flying node to node would more than likely die to my protection paladin cause he was so beefy and never ran out of mana to heal. That was hilarious to watch. A few of my paladins I ran through battlegrounds bot and got them full geared up for resilience too. It was a fun pet project.

Buying max level characters was quicker but liked to "raise" my own, until they started banning once a month then I bought lol.

I used guild bank deposit with a brand new level 1 vanilla char in the guild that would then invite china men to take gold out (after they paid me) or f2f trade sometimes. Pretty much everytime I moved more than a million gold it lead to a ban so the vanilla account would take the hit. Sometimes a farmer or two or my AH toon. But you know $100 for a max level that makes it back in a week of farming.

Eventually they started banning my level 1 vanilla accounts before I had even logged on them. One night I was feelin tired so I activated one, went to bed expecting to log on it in the morning to unload my gold for the week, and found it banned. Associated to exploitive activity - hadnt even logged on the game with that account haha.

I even taught my pal to farm this shit on his own, he found other servers to farm on and he worked full time job and would come home from work to manage his mailbox/sales each night, was good extra money.

It's all about the scripts and how much time it takes vs profit, but it is best to be a "side" income. I mean fuark imagine it being your only income and any day you could wake up or come home and be blanket banned. I lost 17 accounts one time while I was on vacation, found out through 17 ban emails. After that they banned once a month, and now honor buddy I read is closing down cause blizzard has begun scanning customers computers beyond the wow process for honorbuddy.

Last edited:
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Wynn

There's a guy who made around $8m (net profit) running a game on the Michigan and Massachusetts lottery system. tldr a certain type of lottery game had certain points when the $2 lottery tickets were actually mathematically more valuable than the $2 they cost. But to make big money you had to buy hundreds of thousands of tickets. This required him and his wife eventually forming a business and inviting owners of convenience stores to join them. These owners would then let them stand in their store for like 10 hours on the key day in question and print thousands and thousands of tickets in big print runs. He lived in Michigan and eventually the lotto game he was exploiting shut down, but Massachusetts had a similar game. So he started driving the 700 miles to Massachusetts every 4-5 weeks to run the same process there.

The big thing about this process is once they'd do their mass purchases of lotto tickets him and his wife would sit in their house doing 12+ hour sessions for days on end to sort the winning and losing tickets. These were "Cash WinFall" tickets, windfall lotto games you do like a pick 6, 6 wins the big jackpot. If no one picks 6, the jackpot grows and I think like pick 2-5 winners get small sums. However every so often, unlike the Powerball whose jackpot just grows forever, if the Cash WinFall jackpot would get to a certain amount there'd be a "Windfall" day. On that day the numbers are drawn, if no one successfully picked 6 on that day then all of the pick 2-5 winners got a share of the jackpot. This made it so on those days a $2 ticket was mathematically worth more than $2 because you'd get something like a few grand for a pick 5 and decent chunks of change for picks 3 and 4s. So this guy was timing massive buys, as long as he bought enough tickets he'd never lose money on a Windfall day because the tickets were statistically worth more than they cost. The one exception is if someone actually picks 6 on the Windfall day, in that case he loses everything because there's no "Windfall" to the lower pick winners. That happened I think twice to him, but he was making so much money he was able to earn his way back to green.

The company he set up to run his lottery exploit made around $20m over the span of time he did it, and he netted around $8m after taxes and splitting winnings with other shareholders in the company.

It's not a bad scheme money wise, but remember his actual "job" involved standing at a lottery machine 700 miles from his house and printing tickets for 10+ hours at a time, then going home and manually sorting through thousands of tickets in endless shifts that would last for like a week after a big drawing.

• 1Like

Wynn

The big thing to remember about scumbag income is there's nothing wrong with earning it but there's major stuff wrong with bragging about it. I come from a real poor area and had a cousin I didn't know too well but he made a lot of money cooking meth and selling to other white trash people. Lot of money meaning $200-300k which for him was a lot since he's never earned more than like $10k in a year at a legitimate job. I won't judge that he made money that way, obviously it's illegal (and he did get caught, he also wasted all the money on nonsense), but like you can't brag about it. Everyone knows if you're trashbag you can make money in trashbag ways, it's a reality, not something to be celebrated.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Tevinter

Lord Nagafen Raider
I might lead a guild here to troll the clowns doing OW raid and sell dragon loot for krono. Any interest?

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Probably going to try this out. Agnarr opening was pretty dang fun until the premade group collapsed in a heap within 30 hours. Managed to make it the rest of the way up with folks in Faceless helping to form ramshackle groups out of the remnants of other leveling teams where members had just disappeared. Between the people going to sleep and never coming back and mum being hospitalized the next week I lost pretty much all momentum on that go.

Sterling

El Presidente
Guildnote tunics won't be vendorable anymore. How will the poor gnomes handle not being able to buy your level 2 pet and a malachite at the start?!?!?

• 1Worf

Ravanta

Trakanon Raider
Deybreak games would likely never do that, but it wouldn't stop RMT. You would just see posts of people buying/selling platinum or items on that server instead of krono/items.

Deybreak would never make a server where people couldn't CONSUME krono. They are a lot better off the more people actually consume the krono.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
So $6000 in 6 months grinding 10+ hours a day? Risking a ban here or there that may destroy the stock.
Let's also add in the deficit you will run in take out food, energy drinks, coffee, etc to stay awake and grind. Let's completely ignore the massive negative health benefits this accomplishment will set you back in the long haul of your entire life.

I mean break that down into minimum wage terms and let's see the numbers working 40 hours a week at minimum wage.

I know the majority of you are grown up now and probably pull decent numbers per hour by now??

What are you even doing with this krono surplus? Selling them one by one for $? How are you avoiding ban? They are all over that. Oh, you're buying a shield of the immaculate with it? Nice. Buying a CoF in classic to do 12 dps more than the next guy? I don't get it

Don't let DBG win with this copy paste server....

I made around 5,000ish in just the first 2 months on Agnarr and never got so much as a warning. Pretty ez to make some serious cash early on. Most of it wasn't even from playing the game, just flipping krono to plat and selling plat.

• 1Barf

lost

<Bronze Donator>
yep bannon and IGXE. Sold wow goold to them a lot. kronoless would just be platinum sales then. people still sell platinum anyway and it can be decent profit if ur flipping from krono

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I wonder just how much real money games like this generate. Not just talking EQ here but games in general. I would be willing to bet its millions.

Needless

Toe Sucker
hol' up, you guys don't just farm 1 krono, sell it using a shitty payment service like paypal that will doxx your information; then proceed to black mail and extort the buyer into sending you $6,000 a month?

• 1Worf