Everquest - Coirnav Progression Server

Zaide

TLP Idealist
The timing and relatively short time between the announcement and launch is puzzling, seems like even more of a cash grab than the other TLPs. That said I do love me some Classic and that initial rush, I might consider it.

Nully/Zaide/Cit static?

Treesong

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I've actually never seen so much disinterest in a TLP before. I think they are making a major blunder releasing a stale format, so soon with such little notice but it's hard to imagine one of these servers failing.

It would have been crazy successful if they had done any of the following while keeping instanced raids:

Halve instance timers
FV loot
PvP
Faster unlocks
No true box
No MoTM
Launch with Velious, or Luclin or GoD or SoF.

As it stands the best case scenario is it hurts the population of the other TLPs and further divides and already fragmented community. All while never being a true success itself.
I agree that a new TLP server should differentiate itself from previous installments. I like your list there, exept for the PvP. :) However, they truly lost me when they nerfed quest-xp across the board. This was DB's lazy way to prevent players from abusing a couple of hand-in quests, like the firebeetle quest and red wine quest. They could have easily tackled those stupid chain-hand-in quests on an individual basis, instead they just put the xp-slider for quests all the way down, including the Live servers (the only way they told me).

I never used those tacky quests to PL but as a truly filthy casual, I enjoyed doing quests, and repeating some of them for a nice chunk of XP. I was never able to grind xp for hours by killing the same mobs but some camping the Corrupt guards in WK(on friendly rotation if others wanted a go), or repeating the Langseaxe quest or gathering a few poachers heads in Tox forest I always liked. And I actually managed to get to level 39 that way on Phinny. I realize that Quest xp tapers of big time at such levels but still: now you get absolutely nothing for a quest.

So I tried Agnarr for a while, which is like my ideal server (dislike most expansions beyond PoP) but dropped out because of the Quest xp nerf.

I realize I am pretty alone in this but there it is.

Eonan

Doer of Things
1. Single Character Limitation - Big Nope (I for one don't miss the days of spamming LFG for six fucking hours only to log off for the day in a rage)
2. Time locked expansions - Nope, no desire to play fucking CLASSIC or Kunark for half a fucking year.
3. Instanced Raid Content aka No Competition - get fucked

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I realize I am pretty alone in this but there it is.

No, I'm with you. They did the same thing to EQ2 TLE servers. One 20 minute quest involving zoning 5 or six times gave you the same exp as 1 dead mob in a full group. No thank you!

Also hard pass on this, and yay for even more fractured player base. If they announce one of these for EQ2, I'll be done with both games (I'm on Agnarr atm too)

DBG is kind of like me in High school: Just doing the absolute bare minimum to get through it.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I will play basically any tlp they throw out in the future that does not require me to level in lguk/oot.

I'm a borderline autist in general and even I am fucking sick of the same goddamn path. Do something, anything, new.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
Double the spawn rate ow, no instances, unannounced expac launches.

• 1Like

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Agnarr is what I always wanted. Going to PoP and stopping is perfect for me. After Quarm dies, I may keep going a month or two but I would really just like to have 2-3 characters to jump on and play time to time but this will probably be my last hurrah for EQ. Unless they release some kind of crazy ruleset server but even then, once EQ goes beyond PoP, I lost interest quickly. I'm scratching my head on this decision. Maybe this was just easy for them to spin up and they're trying to get the population over to their TLPs so they can merge more of the older servers but who knows. I'm loving Agnarr right now. Faceless is incredible, community is solid, and we are almost to PoP. I'm going to freak out when PoP opens up. Cannot wait for the Elemental Planes especially.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
lol you'll be rolling up with me, Korrupt Korrupt and the boyz.

Our leaders Dannin + Drillisen don't want to touch EQ they said. We need a rabid wolf to lead us in these lands and none of them are hungry for this anymore. When Doji crying rivers killed the open world forever I think that really made a lot of the older school types lose interest. The whole reason some of us played EQ was because it was the only open world raiding game left.

If any major guild throws their hat in the ring that might motivate them to form up? We'll have to see if anyone plans on going hard.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Eonan

Doer of Things
I just don't see the point in "going hard" with everything instanced...part of "winning" is denying the other side the opportunity to win. Sounds really fucking lame.

• 1Solidarity

Nate

Molten Core Raider
I just don't see the point in "going hard" with everything instanced...part of "winning" is denying the other side the opportunity to win. Sounds really fucking lame.

Cause then theres drama. No one playing at this point cares about killing 15 year old content for the 500th time, they went to bathe in nerd tears.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf

Eonan

Doer of Things
Cause then theres drama. No one playing at this point cares about killing 15 year old content for the 500th time, they went to bathe in nerd tears.
You missed my point though (I think...). I said I don't see the point in "going hard" since there is no actual competition for anything. I'd prefer it be an open-world raiding environment with actual competition for the spawns, without that though, I see no reason why anyone would want to pull 48 hour grind sessions to get to "cap" first to kill an instanced (free) version of X raid mob. If it's instanced, the only thing you're competing against is your own sanity.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I get what you mean, original EQ and even on these TLPs up until recently was like it used to be. Everquest though isn't about denying everyone access to the current content anymore at the end game. These servers have very accelerated timers along with instancing and loot is handed out like welfare. Plus this shit has a cash shop......

DBG is smart for making this easier and instanced, hardcore raiders are a tiny minority of the population and shouldn't be the focal point of an entire game. Making the game more accessible, easier to play, and making the loot drop 50x more often makes the masses want to play it more. We wouldn't even have games to raid in if they didn't cater to the majority to make their money.

Nate

Molten Core Raider
You missed my point though (I think...). I said I don't see the point in "going hard" since there is no actual competition for anything. I'd prefer it be an open-world raiding environment with actual competition for the spawns, without that though, I see no reason why anyone would want to pull 48 hour grind sessions to get to "cap" first to kill an instanced (free) version of X raid mob. If it's instanced, the only thing you're competing against is your own sanity.

Yeah, though the amount of extra loot you got doing open world on phinny was significant enough that there was open world competition. Instance nights made me want to slit my wrists sometimes, but racing in sov was a lot of fun. I assume it will be the same on the new server, at least for the first year.