Everquest - Coirnav Progression Server

Sterling

El Presidente
So how many krono would it take to fully pimp out a twinky ranger?
I mean it depends on what you want. If you want to go real hard and get like a WDC/dragon haste and Shield of the Immaculate it will be a truckload. If you mean like a FBSS and some Yaks and shit that's going to be a lot less.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Early days on these servers, you are best dumping all the plat you can into buying Krono. It's a hedge against inflation. Perfect example, I paid about 800p for a Krono to someone desperate for plat in off-hours last week. Within a couple days it was up to 1k for a Krono. Today, it's around 1.8k-2k for a Krono. I have easily doubled my plat value by holding Krono, not plat.

Hey all new to the thread.... and the forums for that matter. I came across the new TLP when I was looking for some nostalgia and saw the post on the EQ official site. Did some googling and came across this fine forum. Nice to see there are still so many dedicated players still active.

I started playing in PoP on launch. Mained a ranger up until OoW on Zeb (Jevik). Later playing on P99 red maining a SHM (Busto) and finally played a stint a couple years ago on phinny as an SK (Skrod). Looking to get back into it when I get back from deployment and would love some people to group with if anyone is starting new or has an alt in mind would love to meet some new people and get the grind rolling.

Was thinking of switching it up either going BRD/NEC/ENC cannot really decide which. Just want to have a run through of the game with something new.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

JVIRUS

Golden Knight of the Realm
5 krono to be well geared instantly.
2 for fbss, 1.5 to 2 for both yaks. final krono(s) sold for plat to get yourself AC/HP rings, earrings, and however much armor you wanna buy. something like banded is 70-100pp which is 1/16 of a krono at the moment.

Ive seen the 13 dmg rogue weapon from vox on sale for 8 kr, if you want that kind of item I am sure if it has dropped it is available in that ballpark per item.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Early days on these servers, you are best dumping all the plat you can into buying Krono. It's a hedge against inflation. Perfect example, I paid about 800p for a Krono to someone desperate for plat in off-hours last week. Within a couple days it was up to 1k for a Krono. Today, it's around 1.8k-2k for a Krono. I have easily doubled my plat value by holding Krono, not plat.

mkopec mkopec for this reason^ tho, if you're going to buy in to a server with Krono, its best not to do it when the server is still this new. Krono inflation is ridiculous. you'll get a lot more for your money buying in towards the end of any given expansion.

some really crappy stuff is going for 1-2Krono just because the server is so new.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Hey all new to the thread.... and the forums for that matter. I came across the new TLP when I was looking for some nostalgia and saw the post on the EQ official site. Did some googling and came across this fine forum. Nice to see there are still so many dedicated players still active.

I started playing in PoP on launch. Mained a ranger up until OoW on Zeb (Jevik). Later playing on P99 red maining a SHM (Busto) and finally played a stint a couple years ago on phinny as an SK (Skrod). Looking to get back into it when I get back from deployment and would love some people to group with if anyone is starting new or has an alt in mind would love to meet some new people and get the grind rolling.

Was thinking of switching it up either going BRD/NEC/ENC cannot really decide which. Just want to have a run through of the game with something new.

i'm sure there will be some of us levelling when you get around to rolling up. just keep being social, don't forget we're a bunch of basement dwellers, you gotta be a bit socially proactive if you want results from us. :)

Well I have been known to as so many of you call it, which I find so god damn funny, "poop socking it" so I will catch up to the rest long before Kunark. So level 50 here I come haha. Just have to tell myself don't go barb shm although I will be unique don't do it =P

Dalven

Saor Alba
<Donor>
i'm sure there will be some of us levelling when you get around to rolling up. just keep being social, don't forget we're a bunch of basement dwellers, you gotta be a bit socially proactive if you want results from us. :)

The dude's spent time on p99, he'll be well versed in dealing with basement dwellers.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

lost

<Bronze Donator>
ourplat - 1k plat on coirnav is $24?!?!?!!?! so less than a krono value in plat is worth like 3 times as much as 1 krono black market.

Last edited:

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i always have a hard time figuring out where to level in the high teens / early twenties

Unrest yeah i know but i kinda hate that place

got my paladin to level 19 in a Befallen basement group i lead yesterday. had a few players who haven't played since PoP with me, and a couple of them had never been further than the entrance of Befallen. it was pretty fun showing those guys the OG way to do the dungeon, getting keys from the shadow knights. they had a blast.

this slow EXP rate is actually kind of cool in a way. grouping becomes more important, therefore social reputation becomes important. and slow levelling means that i will actually be pretty well geared once i get close to level 50.

yeah i know perhaps i'm just trying to convince myself =p but i'm having fun here for now.

feel like a beast with my Bone Bladed Claymore haha

JVIRUS

Golden Knight of the Realm
Zoneline to lower guk and later 3 way camp can be great xp in that range. could always move back a tiny bit or pull slowly if its too rough. Also very easy to zone into lguk and get buffs from higher players

Guk is where it is at for quite some time for sure. From High teens and on. HHK used to be a hot spot at least when I first started playing. I don't think people really bother with it anymore though.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
dunno whats up but server is hot today. pick in oot has 3 groups on goblin island, 2 on seafury island. theres five picks in solb for the last 2 hours.

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
not enough mobs in HHK to support a modern EQ group, you chew through everything and end up with downtime.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
mkopec mkopec if you are looking to buy KR for real life money people here will sell them to you.

Just ask =) and support your local farmers.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
i usually have krono but sold out atm need to sell some djarn and rokyl offhand =p