Everquest - Coirnav Progression Server

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
true box is supposed to be one account per computer yes. but people are using VMs and multiple have posted how to make them work past the generic detection that they havent tried to update since. if they would do that i bet see lot less boxers. i have computers since i bought them for phinigel before we knew which VMs worked.

I asked if 6 pc's with 1 accnt per computer was fine. They told me every character has to be an individual person.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
idiots lol

right in their coirnav stickied post:

Q: How is this server different from other Progression Servers?

Coirnav is a “True Box Server” like Phinigel. On a True Box Server, each player will only be able to play on one EverQuest account from each one of their computers.

Q: What things are not allowed on this server?

A True Box Progression Server is a place where players are only allowed to play one EverQuest account at a time on their computer.

Doing any of the following on Coirnav may result in action being taken against your Daybreak Account:

• Playing multiple characters at the same time from a single computer.
  • Using 3rd party software.
  • Any method to send one key press to multiple characters.

clearly they dont enforce the one key press to multiple characters but nothing about what youre saying. god they're dysfunctional.

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I just had a somewhat lengthy conversation with Daybreak on boxing setups. They confirmed to me that you are NOT allowed to box on True-Box servers, period. You are only allowed to play 1 character at a time. I even copy and pasted the phinny announcement post by DBG that stated "If people are truly wanting to multi-box, they’ll have to do it the old fashioned way. Phinigel is a TRUE box server, which means in order to multi-box you’ll need a set-up that looks something like this:" and they re-confirmed every character is required to have it's own person controlling it.

This makes no sense to me as even on their own site, it states that you can multi-box with multiple computers. Regardless, just thought I'd let you guys know and I guess I will be switching to only 1 character.

This makes sense why Roxyy on the official forums refused to correct herself and kept calling for people to petition boxers.

This is ridiculous. Who did you speak to? Roxyy? Remdag? Hopefully this is just a case of someone with no real power getting called on their bullshit and just doubling down on it. Surely after clarifying one character per PC boxing was ok even in the fucking FAQ they arent suddenly going to renig on it three truebox TLP's later. I six box on Phinny and while we aren't nearly as witch huntey as the people on Agnarr and Coirnav seem to be it's still disconcerting I could one accidental train or dps race away from getting my crew banned.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I wouldnt be surprised if they suddenly changed policy, like they did with the forced rotation on ragefire lulz but I'm gonna keep on keepin on until otherwise.

Wynn

Golden Knight of the Realm
I have a suspicion this is largely targeted at Atabishi. I mean you've made a decent name for yourself and weren't you even bragging about all the free xp potions you got during the daybreak store glitch on Coirnav launch? (If that wasn't you my bad.) I suspect they just have a reason to dislike you specifically and Dunbar just made up a justification to ban your crew, something he was going to do anyway regardless of the facts.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
im sure when he rerolled he changed ip's so they dont know its him, just like mabbu who's ip banned and has been petitioning GM's over some level 20 mage training their raids.

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have a suspicion this is largely targeted at Atabishi. I mean you've made a decent name for yourself and weren't you even bragging about all the free xp potions you got during the daybreak store glitch on Coirnav launch? (If that wasn't you my bad.) I suspect they just have a reason to dislike you specifically and Dunbar just made up a justification to ban your crew, something he was going to do anyway regardless of the facts.

I didn't take advantage of the free exp pots or the store glitch, I had posted about how many people did. I might invest in an expensive VPN that has Secure Core on it, or I might just go back to league. From my understanding, only very expensive VPN's right now are able to bypass WebRTC which is ran in browsers that reveals your actual IP. It's only a couple lines of code a site has to put in to use WebRTC to reveal your true IP even if connected to a VPN. Any game that has an in game store, means you are automatically connected to a web browser every time you log in to the game. Which means if you are using a cheap VPN and daybreak is actually taking advantage of WebRTC, they will get your IP address anyway. TorrentFreak and Torguard already warned people that VPN's can no longer mask your real IP if WebRTC is used.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Talked one of my buddies into playing this. He’s using his TV as a monitor, doesn’t have a normal PC mobitor. He says he can’t read any of the UI elements. He’s figured out how to scale chat font size for his chat windows, but not the text on the UI elements themselves. Anything that’s not chat, he says.

I’m at work and can’t help him from here, so thought I’d ask you guys.

Edit: I guess I didn’t really ask a question. Is there a way to scale the text on tooltips or UI elements? Will expanding the windows to make the UI elements larger do this?

Thanks

Last edited:

lost

<Bronze Donator>
ive never figured out how to scale the UI, far as i know you cant, maybe find a custom UI thats bigger

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Falcon Panch!
EQ000792.jpg

EQ000795.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
EQ000003.jpg

our bard likes to stab himself in the head when he's playing a wind instrument

EQ000007.jpg

my mistmoore group was pretty fun, got two levels

EQ000011.jpg

EQ000013.jpg

EQ000016.jpg

the place was pretty packed for early evening on a tuesday

EQ000017.jpg

i even ran into an impostor Noodle

also, i bought a Krono to sell for plat to fund smithing, and holy shit tradeskilling is so much easier these days. i haven't done any tradeskilling since the old TS UI. i'm maxxed out on banded after maybe an hour. i'm sure most of you guys are past that point, but LMK if you need any smithing.

or if you have leather padding for sale.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Really sounds like a big case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing.

How do they not realize how much money and longevity boxing brings them?

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Really sounds like a big case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing.

How do they not realize how much money and longevity boxing brings them?

I'm willing to bet it's the exact opposite. Full box groups are a net loss for them. Ask any of these guys on here when the last time they paid for a sub (or a krono) with cash was? Legit paying customers do quit over boxers too.

The last (and what I conisder the main) aspect of this is that generally large boxers happen to have large amounts of krono and if DBG bans the accounts they also get to confiscate the krono. This means that krono get sucked out of the black market causing players to purchase more in the legit fashion.

I'd personally like to see someone start up six accounts, pay for them all with a credit card for 3-6 months and then go hold freeti or whatever ransom 24x7 and see if the treatment differs from a black market krono crew.

• 1Solidarity

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I'm willing to bet it's the exact opposite. Full box groups are a net loss for them. Ask any of these guys on here when the last time they paid for a sub (or a krono) with cash was? Legit paying customers do quit over boxers too.

The last (and what I conisder the main) aspect of this is that generally large boxers happen to have large amounts of krono and if DBG bans the accounts they also get to confiscate the krono. This means that krono get sucked out of the market causing players to purchase more in the legit fashion.

I'd personally like to see someone start up six accounts, pay for them all with a credit card for 3-6 months and then go hold freeti or whatever ransom 24x7 and see if the treatment differs from a black market krono crew.

Taking krono stashes out makes sense, but the fact the boxers can make a shit ton of krono means that SOMEONE is buying that shitton from DBG originally. If they really crack down so hard that boxing isn't financially viable, I'd think prices would increase which could limit krono purchases (ie, not buying an FBSS for 5kr when you can actually camp it since it's not camped by boxers all the time).

The harder thing to quantify is how many people quit/play less/buy less because of boxers.