Everquest - Coirnav Progression Server

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I think we played together on kegz server, or maybe sleeper, name is familiar.

hah that shit was 6 years ago, you can't expect me to remember that far back :p yeah i played on Kegz' server, Googling that server was actually how i found Rerolled.

i had thought maybe we Emu'd together, but yeah can't remember specifics at this point. i played on that server with the same character names i use still -- paladin Madriax and necromancer Pharmakos. what names did you use?

btw i had one edit you might have missed:

was your cleric nuking? i guess maybe heals can flag it too. but it sounds to me like this wasn't an automated thing at all, so i don't think it has anything to do with the simulcast thing. my guess is he left you a character (potentially at random) just so he didn't fuck you over completely.

should have known better than to edit three times with the thread moving so fast today :p

Still posting about your banning and venting about it is hilarious. I mean keep going it's great. I broke the rules I got punished waaaaaahhh everyone else is doing it why can't I?! said every 5 year old that broke the rules ever

• 2Salty
Reactions: 1 users

lost

<Bronze Donator>
All good let me know when you roll on coirnav, even though you're a troll without a character here I'd be happy to throw you some pp.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
They banned you because you do the same stupid shit. You sit on the efreeti camp and monopolize it, selling the items that drop from it for krono. They are sick of you and others doing this, they tried to convince you to move, but you're not really playing the game, you are trying to make bank, and DBG is the only one allowed to make bank off their Intellectual property. Expect to get banned every time you do this, welcome to the new reality.

• 2Salty
Reactions: 1 users

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>
/neckbeard on

"Coirnav uses the adjusted Phinny XP rate, so the "bump" is already included. As far as I know, there aren't current plans for an additional bump with any unlocks." - Roxxlyy

Daybreak has a thread in their EQ forum titled, Congratulations to the first 50s on Coirnav. The discussion includes includes comments and suggestions by the actual winners (belated grats to the FoH folks that won!) My takeaways from the thread were:

1. Think about (xp gained) / hour instead of (xp gained) / kill. (Relatively steady source of blues or even light blues)

2. Minimize group downtime. (Keep a minimal set of buffs up on the team during the entire play session ... you would be surprised at how many players don't do this)

3. Absolutely play with a full group whenever your main focus is on gaining levels. (I solo or duo when I'm raising a particular skill, tradeskilling, etc.)

Thoughts?

/neckbeard off

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
solid except for the light blue part...pretty much want to be killing even/yellows if possible and dark blues at minimum if you start getting into lb's shit slows down a ton (or did before I wasn't able to play coirnav)

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The biggest difference you can make in leveling is having a premade versus not having a premade. If you've got a group of people all willing to play the same amount (mostly) at the same time (mostly) you will level faster than almost everyone else on the server. The biggest hurdles in leveling are waiting for a group or being in a group that is really shitty. If you are just always fading those two things than you're good to go.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Still posting about your banning and venting about it is hilarious. I mean keep going it's great. I broke the rules I got punished waaaaaahhh everyone else is doing it why can't I?! said every 5 year old that broke the rules ever

I'd agree with you if the rules were clearly stated and consistent. They're not tho, there are contradictory rules posted on the official site. lost lost has a legitimate gripe.

Tho honestly, if they set their food down hard and enforced one box rules as strictly as P99 I wouldn't shed a tear.

Tho in a perfect world, two box is ideal. Kegz' server started out great because of it, too bad he ended up being a fucking psychopath.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
solid except for the light blue part...pretty much want to be killing even/yellows if possible and dark blues at minimum if you start getting into lb's shit slows down a ton (or did before I wasn't able to play coirnav)

Even low reds if your group can manage it. The best exp rate I've had was pulling mostly reds and yellows. It's not sustainable, tho -- the moment you ding and they turn dark blue the exp drops a lot.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
A single level below even is still acceptable but you rarely get mob levels that are so clear cut. Normally a couple things turn blue, then a couple more, then it's shit and you have to decided to try your luck elsewhere or stick it out a wee bit longer. The premade I started with on LJ blew apart after a single 12 hour stretch because people weren't willing to kill anything that wasn't yellow+. More than a few premades have run into trouble by making the perfect the enemy of the good.

It helps if you've got someone that really knows what's what when it comes to leveling paths.

... They are obviously not enforcing it....

That would require staff. Pretty sure DBG -- and these eq servers -- is run out of a back room of a Vietnamese nail salon in D'Nang, by a Russian national who also traffics in cheap-o steroids to the quite vibrant SE Asia body building community. Doubt he even checks the server stats more that once a week. It's basically turnkey at this point.

287xhn.jpg

Last edited:

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
It's always interesting to see what type of ban decisions DBG makes. I have feelings for those on both sides of the fence.

I would, and absolutely have, felt terrible about being banned. And I was just the average player not hurting, or rarely even encountering another player as I mostly box my own grp w rl friends, and stay out of harm's way.

I would go to efreeti, or other "specialty, well known" camps, but only long enough to gear my boxes and move on. I'd like to say that if DBG has gathered evidence to support a ban of an account, it was justified...for whatever reason. I could be wrong, have been before.

• 1Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Some fireplace action!

This "Game" bard was bringing some big trains, not sure why, but they fed us alot of XP.

She eventually died and a dwarf cleric started doing it. Made it a bit more interesting.
EQ000797.jpg

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Atabishi got the same treatment, tho, and he was legit playing with six keyboards and six mice.

• 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
FWIW with the spell book stuff: A GM finally got off his ass and manually reimbursed each scroll into my inventory while I was AFK. Took 3 entire days, but that was the resolution.