Everquest - Coirnav Progression Server

Eonan

Doer of Things
Nope, 16th, part of why I posted in one of the threads about how surprised I was they had it up and locked already - usually they're barely getting them up in time and this one is sitting locked two weeks early.
Well they certainly fooled me hah.

gugabuba

Golden Knight of the Realm
[QUOTE="JVIRUS, post: 2374924, member: 512

Does MNK fist scaling put WIZ dmg to shame in classic and beyond until lures or ancient spells are availabe? It's been a few years but I recall that MOTM worked against WIZ large hits and in favor of MNK constant stream of attacks, I also remember WIZ being so borderline useless in PoSky that they were often the designated Death Touch bitch, haha, but I am fuzzy on that.[/QUOTE]

Monks are strong in every expansion. Wizards are fight dependent in classic and then strong Kunark through PoP and can top parses, especially at the start of expansions before melee get geared out. But it is mostly about their rain spells not banes. Sometimes lures are necessary depending on the mob but it is reasonably rare.

The bigger differences are wizards are trash in groups generally and monks are solid. On raids, maximizing wizard dps requires slightly more thought than monks but monk pulling takes some attention.

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
I want all content through luclin at release, but level 50 cap stays. Can play in new noob zones, and the lower tier raid content post-classic gets a glimmer of relevancy.

I would accept just a bundled kunark release so I can level in their cool dungeons. Or some kind or cool new concept, like all raid bosses respawn at the same time to prevent socking more than one and encourage racing for the excess.

Really anything besides the same level path, the same solb shitlordry, etc. Rehashing an identical ruleset is pure laziness.

That would actually be a really fun server. I would change it to classic-luclin on release with a cap of 50, with levels increasing by 1 on the 1st of every month. That would put you at 60 at around the time luclin would have launched on a normal progression server. Then raid bosses for each expansion do not start their respawn time until all raid bosses in that expansion are killed, which would be viewable from a tab window showing which bosses needed to be killed. Once all bosses are killed, there's a server announcement of the time all raid bosses will be respawn.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
It would be awesome. I'd say remove MoTM but keep Mark of the Old Ways though.

Not crazy about that respawn idea.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
My respawn idea is relatively simple: rather than respawning normally, raid mobs only respawn at pre-set times. When this time hits, ALL mobs currently with a respawn window open respawn at once. So, raid mobs all pop in clusters, and if a guild socks a mob other guilds can move on a different one, stuff like that. I'm not a fan of perma-killed raid mobs honestly.

The level cap increase each month sounds solid. Guilds can try to compete to see how much they can kill at the lowest possible level. It's good for DBG because it gives an incentive to play each month, and not quit for a month or two and come back with delayed release like they currently do.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
It would be awesome. I'd say remove MoTM but keep Mark of the Old Ways though.

Not crazy about that respawn idea.

I think the respawn idea would add a really interesting dynamic. Especially if all raid bosses have to be killed for that expansion each time before respawn timers start. Would slow down keying in velious and kunark and imo add more competition.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I think the respawn idea would add a really interesting dynamic. Especially if all raid bosses have to be killed for that expansion each time before respawn timers start. Would slow down keying in velious and kunark and imo add more competition.

It would make it impossible because you can't get enough keys to enter those keyed zones and clear the raid mobs to trigger a respawn...

Server first Trakanon drops 4 teeth, GG servers over.

• 1Worf

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
It would make it impossible because you can't get enough keys to enter those keyed zones and clear the raid mobs to trigger a respawn...

Server first Trakanon drops 4 teeth, GG servers over.

i thought about that and they would have to make an exception for like sleepers zone and VP.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
DBG will not do exceptional programming for zones like vp and st. A good idea that requires them to utilize planning and/or a complicated implementation is no longer a good idea in their hands.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

gugabuba

Golden Knight of the Realm
I doubt they could figure out unlocking Luclin while leaving the level cap at 50.

• 1Like

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'd rather have the reverse to a degree - allow AA'ing in advance - at least banking the points, even if they keep spending restricted.

I hate not having an XP bar that moves anymore, that's a big part that burns me out in the early eras.

(although perfect world, I'd split the BS low value AAs off to earlier eras - innate stats, tradeskill, etc)

Aelzen

Trakanon Raider
Do we have a channel for guild forum folks for this server? I remember there has been one on phinny/agnar, etc. Just don't remember info or if it's changing.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
TLP - Original Freeport.

CD70B6BA-7412-41F0-A65F-CFE42B93F085.jpeg

• 6Like
  • 3Solidarity
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 9 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I wouldn't hate new Freeport quite as much if they cut some fucking holes through some of the walls so you could walk a goddamn semi-straight line from place to place.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
New freeport is the lesser of the sins. Give me old oasis, ro, ls, e and w commonlands....

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users