Everquest - Coirnav Progression Server

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just casual on here, if they announce a 20th anniversary or another race server we’re going to form up for sure.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
For Wood Elves - Medium, do you have a guild going? (Thanks by the way!!)

yeah, YttriumF YttriumF riumf started a guild that i joined. still just us two, but you know how these things are... critical mass yada yada yada =p

Banded Armor parceled to Tickles, parcel back what you don't need please :)

Last edited:

Mwapo

Golden Knight of the Realm
Just casual on here, if they announce a 20th anniversary or another race server we’re going to form up for sure.

If they announce another racing server...

Just the idea tickles something real nice. Though it'd probably just be racing the clock rather than anyone else because I can't imagine there are enough hardcore players left for more than one racing guild on a combine style server.

YHO

Trakanon Raider
Population seems pretty healthy at the moment. Not amazing but not terrible. Echo comment re: a lot of casuals. It’s actually pretty refreshing. However it has its cons...yesterday I walked into frenzy and it was completely empty. No mobs or people. So I was like ok ill hang around and see who shows up. Fast forward 10 minutes some 50 necro shows up(I’m also 50 necro) freaking out at me about how it’s camped.

Long story short... I tell him let’s DPS race for it. Frenzy pops and I won (guy barely tried despite us both being level 50 necros). Guy immediately tells me if I don’t leave he’s going to quit the game because he’s way too casual to deal with this “stress”...I was on a lunch break anyway so I left but that was a microcosm of the players on this server.

• 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user

Mwapo

Golden Knight of the Realm
Population seems pretty healthy at the moment. Not amazing but not terrible. Echo comment re: a lot of casuals. It’s actually pretty refreshing. However it has its cons...yesterday I walked into frenzy and it was completely empty. No mobs or people. So I was like ok ill hang around and see who shows up. Fast forward 10 minutes some 50 necro shows up(I’m also 50 necro) freaking out at me about how it’s camped.

Long story short... I tell him let’s DPS race for it. Frenzy pops and I won (guy barely tried despite us both being level 50 necros). Guy immediately tells me if I don’t leave he’s going to quit the game because he’s way too casual to deal with this “stress”...I was on a lunch break anyway so I left but that was a microcosm of the players on this server.

If he's willing to quit the game over his camp getting taken while he is not there, then he should probably quit. Because who needs that kind of person on the server?

ansar

Trakanon Raider
My 3box is level 15 and I still see folks looking for more to join their groups. Definitely seems more casual than Agnarr was. One thing I like about this server is that it won't stop at PoP. I could theoretically be playing on this server for years to come.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I think the server is fine its just lagging behind cause of the xp rate for the casuals, but the lower zones seem slam packed.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I went lfg last night around 3:30am and instantly got tells from two different groups. It does seem busy busy.

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>
The Guild:
<Rue Morgue> is a semi-closed adult casual guild that will be focused on the early to mid-game levels with some small group activities. Old school class armor quests ( Breastplate of Ro, Darkforge Helm, Totemic Boots, etc.) ... Greenmist ... Coldain Prayer Shawl ... you get the idea.

The Rules:
It is expected, but not required, that you be a member in good standing of this community. I would also recommend that you not be on Daybreak's shit list either. Pam's, Jan's, Ryan's, Dwight's, Jim's, and their alts are all welcome. If you're a Michael Scott, send a pm to pharmakos pharmakos instead of me.

The Vacation:
I'm heading out outdoors to the southern part of the A.T. over the coming week. pharm's got it handled while I'm being with nature.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Had my first bad experience on this server last night. Was in a group in The Hole at the docks camp. We’d been down there for a few hours and needed to replace our tank. Replacement SK comes down to the camp and dies on the way, in a different pick. We pick over to res him and see an empty docks camp with mobs spawned. Rather than picking back we decide to just stay in the pick we are in. About 10 minutes later a monk named Kold Hearted comes in with a train of 15-20 mobs. Was a pretty impressive train.

Our Druid casts succor, but three people die before the spell goes off. Our other Druid was apparently bound down where we were farming. I didn’t think this was possible, as I was unable to bind in hamlord camp one night, but this dude was bound down there in the hole. Kold proceeded to train and kill him another three times, while he tried to origin out.

Monk said we had taken his camp. I’m not familiar with level 50 monks and how well they solo. Maybe the guy was telling the truth, I have no way to counter the claim. We could very well have taken his camp for all I know. A tell would have sufficed, though. We’d have just gone back to the other pick.

Anyhow, dude trained us as we tried to do corpse recovery in the courtyard as well. Trains started around 2 am, we finished CR around 4:15. Was a real mess.

Brings back memories of the good ol’ days on Cazic-Thule. Not the end of the world by any means, but it sure was a frustrating couple hours. Wish I had taken a screen shot of the train, because it really was impressive.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Wow he sounded pretty sloppy why didnt anyone try to record him if he was so consistent with his griefing?

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
I was under the impression that this type of behavior was not frowned upon on this server. I thought since he claimed he was already camping the area and we moved in on his spot that this was totally acceptable. Is that not the case?

Anyhow, I had been looking for a replacement for over an hour. I’m playing enchanter and trying to find replacements at 2 AM EST has been pretty tough except on the weekends. I was mostly just afk waiting for a res, so I was not watching all these subsequent trainings happen, I was tabbed outcruising the forums.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I was under the impression that this type of behavior was not frowned upon on this server. I thought since he claimed he was already camping the area and we moved in on his spot that this was totally acceptable. Is that not the case?

Anyhow, I had been looking for a replacement for over an hour. I’m playing enchanter and trying to find replacements at 2 AM EST has been pretty tough except on the weekends. I was mostly just afk waiting for a res, so I was not watching all these subsequent trainings happen, I was tabbed outcruising the forums.

I cant tell if youre throwing sarcasm at me, but if youre not, its never acceptable to train, especially repeatedly and not even allow people to get their corpses? scum. a video of that would be so easy to get him suspended or banned, its harassment griefing etc etc. The ones that do it so freely over and over are the ones that can be busted cause you can predict it and get a few good examples on video after, which in my experience is 99% success on petition. One train okay maybe he was dying and had to run, but multiple.. yeah.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
On a different note, I was digging through some stuff at my parents house the other day and found some EQ discs. I’ve got vanilla EQ, Kunark, Velious, and Luclin cds and cd keys. My brother and I both had accounts, so I think I’m fortunate that I have two sets of cds for the Luclin expansion.

Will I be able to recover my old account with these cds? I know the email address from my account, and the CC billing address from when i started the account. The only problem is I don’t have that AOL email account anymore, so couldn’t do a PW reset there.

Would really like to log back in and see what’s there. I know I had a full set of Rubicite minus the BP on my alt rogue. Had a primal weapon and DE mask on my paladin. Don’t know how long the guy who bought my account player it, but I think I looked my character up and he was level 85, don’t know what expansion that was.

Edit: Whoops, Magelo shows my character at 65. That cant be right though can it? I played through Kunark, Velious, Luclin, PoP. I quit as my guild was working on finishing up the time key. Rathe council, iirc.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
I cant tell if youre throwing sarcasm at me, but if youre not, its never acceptable to train, especially repeatedly and not even allow people to get their corpses? scum. a video of that would be so easy to get him suspended or banned, its harassment griefing etc etc. The ones that do it so freely over and over are the ones that can be busted cause you can predict it and get a few good examples on video after, which in my experience is 99% success on petition. One train okay maybe he was dying and had to run, but multiple.. yeah.

Nah man not being sarcastic. I remember EQ as if it were the Wild West. Nagafen fights being interrupted by fire giant trains. I know on our server we trained and got trained at Venril Sathir, Trakanon, Kael. Everywhere there was a raid mob there’d be competition and trains to get to it.

My guild and two other guilds banded together to be able to race the top guild on our server to raid bosses in Kunark. Our three guilds weren’t even that fond of one another at the time, but if we wanted to compete we had to work together. Cybsled Cybsled Was there for this stuff too.

Eventually it got so bad in NToV that GMs had to intervene and sanction a NToV raid schedule where each guild or group had their week. I think each guild got to clear NToV once a month. Man it was painful when Mom and Dad made me go to bed on our NToV weeks. I missed a Paladius Axe of the Slaughter on our first Vulaak kill and we never got another.

Edit: so yea I thought training and griefing were just part and parcel of living in a... err playing an open world mmo.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Edit: Whoops, Magelo shows my character at 65. That cant be right though can it? I played through Kunark, Velious, Luclin, PoP. I quit as my guild was working on finishing up the time key. Rathe council, iirc.

PoP was level 65. Sounds right.