Everquest - Coirnav Progression Server

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Game is dying in 2 weeks I heard? Sell me some shields for 40 krono please

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

bwuceli

Golden Knight of the Realm
So the Euros are curbstomping the RMT farmers? Give me the deets while I sit on the metro.

We try to take out an open world target if it's up at our raid time. We're not actively sniping or batphoning.
Lately Relentless Insomnia has had the open world dragons on lock, while we have been killing Cazic Thule and Innoruuk. (Pre-patch, since the patch we've only been able to kill open world Eye of Veeshan)

It's true that our numbers are steadily growing, people just like the fact that they can access endgame content in our guild while still retaining a casual/semi-casual status. These days we have full raids every time (72 people) and at this point we re attempting (and being succesful at) split raids so people don't have to sit on a bench.

It's not that we are the resident zerg guild... the guild has just grown quite a bit in a short time and people are applying from other "raiding" guilds lately. They seem to like what Reckless offers, while not having to be on standby 24/7. Of course we have more serious raiders too, those guys killed Eye of Veeshan and Vox with a force of 40-45.

It's just for fun, but yeah, we've been able to kill some open world targets lately...
I just hope that when the novelty wears off we retain some of these numbers to keep doing what we've been doing.

MazeEq

Lord Nagafen Raider
Oh man, all 400 hours worth of my raiding pixels are gonna burn.

Guess what?

I'll go ahead and build a TLP replica I guess <3

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

YHO

Trakanon Raider
TLP replica open through velious at start with FV rule set. Let’s go!!

• 1Like

MazeEq

Lord Nagafen Raider
I mean, I could do it, but I'm not introducing picks.

I'll do raid instancing, but that's about it.

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
Maybe you wouldn't have to introduce picks, if people want easy loots/camps like they would have access to in picks just let the raid instances repop. Once a week you can have the zone to yourself for 6hours till it depops then your timers burned for the week you want more action fight for it in open world. On a highly populated server that would actually have the effect of moving static groups around too I would imagine, do your dungeon uncontested where you get unlimited mobs for 6hours then on to the next.

MazeEq

Lord Nagafen Raider
It was brought down because dealing with a sect of douche-lords who bitched and moaned about PoP being "bugged out" got to my core, and instead of providing assistance in troubleshooting/balancing it, they cried endlessly, abused exploits to the point of no return. Enchanter pets soloing all of VT/PoP for days until I caught wind by Jysin on Discord, exploiting the reagent removal which allowed summoning of free diamonds and making platinum useless, warping through content which caused most of the PoP issues, as events were triggered and countless other issues.

Many seem to think that content magically comes out of a developer's dickhole by saying a magic phrase, we have a real life too. By the time the server came down Secrets had moved on, as well as Jeff.

When in reality the only group that truly helped was Jysin Jysin and a few other members of ReRolled.

Play if you want, if you don't, cool.

It won't be ready to even test for about a good 45 days. I do admit I handled the situation absolutely terribly, but at least I provided a copy to a person who wanted to keep managing it, and they did.

And it'll run until it has non-sustainable population.

Good day sir.

• 2Like
  • 2Salty
Reactions: 3 users

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
It was brought down because dealing with a sect of douche-lords who bitched and moaned about PoP being "bugged out" got to my core, and instead of providing assistance in troubleshooting/balancing it, they cried endlessly, abused exploits to the point of no return. Enchanter pets soloing all of VT/PoP for days until I caught wind by Jysin on Discord, exploiting the reagent removal which allowed summoning of free diamonds and making platinum useless, warping through content which caused most of the PoP issues, as events were triggered and countless other issues.

Many seem to think that content magically comes out of a developer's dickhole by saying a magic phrase, we have a real life too. By the time the server came down Secrets had moved on, as well as Jeff.

When in reality the only group that truly helped was Jysin Jysin and a few other members of ReRolled.

It won't be ready to even test for about a good 45 days. I do admit I handled the situation absolutely terribly, but at least I provided a copy to a person who wanted to keep managing it, and they did.

Good day sir.

Thanks, Kegz2!

• 1Salty

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Your biggest plat exploit was when you put rebreathers on the vendor which sold for more than they cost.

The problem in a lot of these MMOs is that people want to exploit until they can't effectively personally gain anymore.. then go feedback on it. You need help from people with no skin in the game. Or a people that just want solid polish for a better gaming experience like myself and Agraza Agraza did.

I forgave you a while back. Yea, you handled it fucked up but you did give the whole thing over with chars and the DB intact and it was back online a week later. You just can't let the fuckheads get to you. Take your time, patch at your own pace despite the incessant whining you WILL GET from people. As long as it launches with a good balance and fun factor, people will play it. Despite the flaws NL had, it till got significant players online daily and made it to preferred status Emu. You nailed difficulty balance for a "dad server". Focus on the good, tweak the bad. Lots of people here will support and give advice, solicited or otherwise.

Take another swing. I will surely play / dev test when needed.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Louis

Trakanon Raider

Good day sir.
Yeah, I never knew any of this reasoning. I just knew one morning it was gone and you were done. And like jysin said, you were cool enough to pass the db and stuff over to the other guy.

Id play on another server like that though if the population is decent. The pacing was pretty much perfect for the yearly EQ fix.

MazeEq

Lord Nagafen Raider
It will be redone with more polish and a select group of people from this forum to test with premade characters that will be wiped when its ready.

If I could pull up the old forums, my inbox had 450+ messages of "loot didnt drop on 2nd kill" "my jboots aren't fast enough." "Why don't you fix shit faster."

I wont need to worry about any of that with thorough testing and implementation.

I'll invite everyone to Cazic's Regret once its live and ready for poopsocking. It may not be the walk in the park that NL was, but it'll still be Dad approved, as I know all of us have real lives that get in the way of gaming.

I'd like to get 6 to 10 of you to add me on discord and I'll make a private channel for development.

<3

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Nooo, bring Dad server back instead. It still was the best Emu server I played so far. You hit a sweet spot with the balance.

And I understand that an Emu like that is a hobby for you, so I wasnt mad that it was gone one day, just sad, because it was such a great experience (especially with the people from here).

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Ya kegz had how many servers? 3? lol. Still remember the time I leveled to 50 by killing the boats in OOT and he came and RAGED on me in chat, slapped me from one island to another island and deleveled me. Never felt so violated !