Everquest - Coirnav Progression Server

Reca

Trakanon Raider
I believe these to be all the innate +auto attack damage AAs?

Yea, it's not really a "monk" specific nerf, just an overall nerf to all melee classes. The percentages are misleading, because the damage tables take into consideration more then the flat percentages. The actually reduction on Coirnav we parsed to be about a 4-6% damage decrease in melee damage overall.

On another note, them making changes to the ground spawns this late into the Kunark game for Coirnav makes me think that they intend on releasing a new progression server sometime in the very near future (Otherwise, what was the point since Velious is around the corner?).

The problem - A handful of players would gather around the spawn location hoping to pick up the ground spawn that would spawn once within 96-100 minutes. So they had GMs sit in the zone all day yelling at players to get off the spawn point so everyone would have an equal chance to mass click the medallion when it did spawn. Some people used auto-clickers so they didn't have to watch the screen waiting for it to spawn - which in my opinion is fair because nobody wants to play the game to sit in a zone to pick up a stupid ground spawn so they can raid with their friends, its 2018.

DBG's solution - Keep the spawn time the same and make it spawn in various locations, so they don't need to have GM's yelling at people to get off the spawn point.

What the end result will be - The people using MQ and ShowEQ just have to set up an audio trigger for when the bag spawns and all they have to do is look at their ingame map or showeq map to figure out where it is. Where the legitimate players will have no idea where and when the item spawned. The real good MQ users will be using a script that won't trigger until the specific ground ID spawns at which point it will auto pick up the ground item. BTW MQ doesn't use mouse clicks to pick up ground items, so even if someone is sitting directly ontop of the spawn point, it'll still auto pickup the bag - regardless of whether or not its visually blocked by another person/object.

As an aside

There are several versions of MQ that are being used presently - one is a copy from Red Guides that will only work through a backdoor once someone is already logged in and in a zone. Once that person zones the redguides version of MQ will do a force close (Works fine until you zone).

The other version is a slightly lesser version of current Redguides/MMO bugs (Not sure which version this one came from) - this version appears to be the one that didn't require you to login before using it and you can just E-Mail it to your friends to use (old source code). This one works like normal - can log into the game fine and zone with no issues.

The Asian farmers have their own program - appears to be very similar to what people were linking before in this thread.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Name is Excidium. Thanks dude I greatly appreciate it.

1532021659909.png

Enjoy man

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
i want to sell some sorrowsong boots on eqlive

unsure if there is even a pair left, every bard i knew with them quit half a decade ago, or got banned (hi Tolpan)

• 1Like

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
I KSed the same RI monk today at PS and a few hours later at rotting. Ended up getting Kaesora, SONH, PS and Rotting today. Just need to do staff turn in, Niblek and VKR now yeeeee

Zaide

TLP Idealist
On another note, them making changes to the ground spawns this late into the Kunark game for Coirnav makes me think that they intend on releasing a new progression server sometime in the very near future (Otherwise, what was the point since Velious is around the corner?

There will be a new TLP or gimmick server every year until the community is just too fatigued or has moved on too much for it to be profitable.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Next server better not have the reduced xp bullshit. Coirnav was the laziest, most mailed in POS they've put out yet

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Phinigel had pretty much the same XP and was popular. Agnarr just way too easy.

Ragefire/Lockjaw launched in 2015, about 4 years after the Fippy/Vulak era, and they were just jam packed with people. It makes sense. It had been a while. After the experiment with forced rotations failed everyone had to come to terms with the Winner Take All mechanics of EQ raiding. Then Kunark unlocked and those same people got told that they weren't going to set foot into VP until Velious. This is where Lockjaw was when Phinny had launched. They kept the six month vote to unlock timer nonsense and Kunark had been out maybe a couple weeks when Phinny was announced. Phinny was the first TLP to have instanced raiding and was coming out fast enough that all of the people with axe to grind over how RF/LJ went could have a place of their own. The cost was starting over and a shitty exp rate and for tons of people that was a fair price to pay.

Agnarr was slower than RF/LJ but quite a bit faster than Phinny but it didn't have much in the way of new gimmicks. It had instancing which was nice but other than that not too many steps forward. Other than proper era skeleton/orc/goblin models and some more restrictive spell research I'm at a loss. I guess stopping at Planes of Power was the gimmick?

Coirnav had some changes to potions and I guess they all have the nerfed melee auto attack damage AA things? Those got introduced while Lockjaw was still in Classic and didn't make a ton of sense to me but whatever. It's possible the next progression server (Fall this year, bank on it) will have either no focus effects or old spells or both but that's going to be about it. There was no reason to give Coirnav the shit exp rates. Phinny's success was a product of the specific time and environment in which it was launched in combination with giving the disenfranchised masses instanced raiding. There can't be hardly anyone left at all that wanted another run at a prog server that didn't take their shot during the RF/LJ, Phinny, or Agnarr periods.

The only way you're going to get another insane success like RF, LJ, or Phinny is to not launch another one for at least a couple of years and that's just not going to happen.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
New server going FV loot rules, all classes/races available from the start, or some new novel gimmick would boost popularity a lot.

The FV one in particular would send krono purchases through the roof so that seems like an obvious choice, but knowing DBG they'd 1/10 exp rates just to keep their incompetence streak alive

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
I need something more gimmicky to pull me back in. Unannounced expac launches plus fv rules and actual corpses might do it for me.

But then again I heard a rumor they nerfed melee dps some and sk damage went down? Maybe roll a necro :/

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I wish they did something where achievements on a progression server give bonus items on the next.

That would actually make me want to play, so I can start slightly twinked on the next server.

Sterling

El Presidente
I need something more gimmicky to pull me back in. Unannounced expac launches plus fv rules and actual corpses might do it for me.

But then again I heard a rumor they nerfed melee dps some and sk damage went down? Maybe roll a necro :/
The melee nerf isn't that bad and probably wasn't enough to put characters in line. You're still going to see burn fights at 65-70 where monks will double up wizards on parses which is retarded as fuck. SKs got a mild buff with what happened with Mortal Coil and the Epic click no longer having charges.

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
Thats definitely retarded that monks are still doubling wizard damage

• 1Like