Everquest II

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
The wolves will chase out the casuals within 3 weeks. After that, there will be exactly 2 types of posts on the official forums. One about there being noone left to kill, and another complaining about bots/hacks/teleporters, etc...

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Did they ever fix EQ2's skill system? I've always wanted to give the game a serious try, but then at level 30 I've got 4 pages of skills I need to be using and none of them feel that great. It's by far the grossest skill system I've ever had in a MMO. Like they copied EQ1's million spells and forgot that what made it work was limiting you to choosting the best for the situation.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Did they ever fix EQ2's skill system? I've always wanted to give the game a serious try, but then at level 30 I've got 4 pages of skills I need to be using and none of them feel that great. It's by far the grossest skill system I've ever had in a MMO. Like they copied EQ1's million spells and forgot that what made it work was limiting you to choosting the best for the situation.
Unfortunately, no.... despite the years of outcry..... no :(

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Why would they reduce the total number of skills players get when they make a bunch of money every expansion by charging out the ass for players to max them out again through cash shop purchases? Crazy talk.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
The large number of active abilities is something I like that EQ2 does differently from other MMORPGs. It gets tiring spamming 1 1 1 1 1 2 in classic WoW.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
More variety of skills (but not overdo) offers a more in-depth game play, in which quality player can take advantage of it. Compare to classic EQ or classic WoW, where anyone can be a 'top' raider/leader...

dizzie

Triggered Happy
More variety of skills (but not overdo) offers a more in-depth game play, in which quality player can take advantage of it. Compare to classic EQ or classic WoW, where anyone can be a 'top' raider/leader...

That's true for some classes but not all, theres' tons of skills they could merge or outright remove from the game to improve the experience for players. Every class has a hotbar or two of bullshit skills they never ever use or that are situational at best.

As for it being more in-depth, not really. Consider a game like GW2, although it has way less skills it requires as much skill to be a great player without forcing you to have 10 hotbars of crap on your screen.

• 1Solidarity

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
The large number of active abilities is something I like that EQ2 does differently from other MMORPGs. It gets tiring spamming 1 1 1 1 1 2 in classic WoW.
Ends up being the same with macros for all single target attacks under 1, all AoEs under 2, Utility or debuffs under 3, few oh shit buttons thrown around and you just spam 3,3,3,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,2,2, etc.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Ends up being the same with macros for all single target attacks under 1, all AoEs under 2, Utility or debuffs under 3, few oh shit buttons thrown around and you just spam 3,3,3,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,2,2, etc.
Pretty much this. I ended up trying to keybind in EQ2 for years. Just gave up and put them all under one macro based on rotation priority and type.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
It will be good for launch and a few weeks of ganking no matter what.

• 1Like

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Pretty much this. I ended up trying to keybind in EQ2 for years. Just gave up and put them all under one macro based on rotation priority and type.
I did that and got a ban for a couple weeks on the first progression server they did. Granted it was rather blatant on my part using auto hotkey while I was grinding in one spot while watching Netflix.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
They Pull Me Back In Al Pacino GIF by The Godfather

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Yeah, I'm showing up tomorrow even though I know it'll be awful. Also I'll probably quit the next day or 2 weeks, but at least I'll have tried it.

Lifetime sub is great for that, I guess.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I won't be playing super hardcore due to my work schedule for the first couple weeks but I'll be playing on the server as long as population exists.