Everquest II

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Server basically nonfunctional out the gate lol. Shockingly the majority of players went Freeport and are already roaming the qeynos areas murdering the poor fools that chose the wrong faction, which I doubt will stick with the underdog for long.

There's nothing stopping you from just permacamping a respawn point and taking every item off a player short of them logging out or an opposing force showing up to drive you out which didn't look like it was gonna happen.

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Server basically nonfunctional out the gate lol. Shockingly the majority of players went Freeport and are already roaming the qeynos areas murdering the poor fools that chose the wrong faction, which I doubt will stick with the underdog for long.

There's nothing stopping you from just permacamping a respawn point and taking every item off a player short of them logging out or an opposing force showing up to drive you out which didn't look like it was gonna happen.
Someone summon the Ghost of Ol’ Fippy to turn the tide on this bitch

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Server is up and functional, ganking in every area to be honest. Had crews to fight in fallen gate who had previously cleared out the entire zone. Lots of ganking exiles too. No faction is getting a pass as far as I can tell.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider

This isn't what's going on at all. Factions seem pretty balanced from what I've seen. Are you even playing?

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
This isn't what's going on at all. Factions seem pretty balanced from what I've seen. Are you even playing?
He was. I haven't seen him since after 5pm est launch (yesterday)
Post timestamp seems like an hour after he started playing.

Dropping items each time is simply factually incorrect. If you haven't been killed by that player in the last 15 minutes, you will drop (potentially) item + 25%-75% coin.

15 minutes later, you'll be eligible to drop items to that player again.

Anyone involved in a kill gets that player put on their recent 15min list.

Players outside of that kill, however, can kill you and you'll drop another chest.

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I played it from launch until around 10pm last night where I decided that even though I like EQ2 and would like to dick around with the PvE content it wasn't worth grinding out the levels to get to it on a reduced xp ruleset. The PvP looked like it was going to be a nice alternate exp route but after spending a few hours running around Antonica, Caves, Peat Bog, and finally Frostfang Sea looking for Qeynos players to fight and coming up with just a handful vs. the multiple groups of 6 freeports it wasn't going to be worth the effort.

If ya'll like this that's cool, but with this on top of the still absolutely fucked itemization I couldn't imagine playing this long term.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Yeah I played it from launch until around 10pm last night where I decided that even though I like EQ2 and would like to dick around with the PvE content it wasn't worth grinding out the levels to get to it on a reduced xp ruleset. The PvP looked like it was going to be a nice alternate exp route but after spending a few hours running around Antonica, Caves, Peat Bog, and finally Frostfang Sea looking for Qeynos players to fight and coming up with just a handful vs. the multiple groups of 6 freeports it wasn't going to be worth the effort.
XP rate seems faster than all prior TLPs to me. 1-10 goes super quick when compared to Kaladim launch, and that was with no PvP engagements; just grinding on mobs. Also taking optimal routes (Sprawl -> Commonlands -> Wailing Caves) and skipping the Isle of Refuge.

Think I did it in my lunch break, so 1hr.

Itemization seems a lot better too from what beta showed. Raid gear has 4 blue stats, group/solo gear has 3.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Server is up and functional, ganking in every area to be honest. Had crews to fight in fallen gate who had previously cleared out the entire zone. Lots of ganking exiles too. No faction is getting a pass as far as I can tell.
Rolling Exile is the only way to roll.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Took two friends into the sewers last night for some quiet grinding while we were waiting for the rest of our group to log on. We got ganked by a group of four out of nowhere, managed to turn it around by killing three of them and chasing off one and leveled off their corpses. The best part was that one of those kills was a dude who had been picking off people and Fae racialing away the day before.

Also caught up to one of the Russian screendraggers who was ganking tradeskillers at New Halas. He lost his slayer title to me. Felt awesome.

• 2Like

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Took two friends into the sewers last night for some quiet grinding while we were waiting for the rest of our group to log on. We got ganked by a group of four out of nowhere, managed to turn it around by killing three of them and chasing off one and leveled off their corpses. The best part was that one of those kills was a dude who had been picking off people and Fae racialing away the day before.

Also caught up to one of the Russian screendraggers who was ganking tradeskillers at New Halas. He lost his slayer title to me. Felt awesome.

My god, screen dragging still works? I remember using that to get on top of the buildings in the old starting zone Starcrest Commune (RIP).

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
My god, screen dragging still works? I remember using that to get on top of the buildings in the old starting zone Starcrest Commune (RIP).
Not for jump height but for lagging your client out.

I'm thinking about giving Daybreak a fix for that once I get some spare time.

• 2Like

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Over the weekend I achieved slayer for the first time! Tons of people running around so the PvP is plentiful.

1621278993345.png

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sometimes I think about playing this game cuz I like visuals & race choices more than wow, but then I watch someone actually play it. This game has the worst ability bloat I've ever seen. Was watching this guys stream for a few minutes and he was clicking some or all of his abilities... probably ran out of hotkeys. And this was on the Kaladim server which is the most 'classic' version right? lol

ice_screenshot_20210517-163049.jpg

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Yeah ability bloat was always an issue, but eventually you figure out your basic rotations, and make a few Macros. iirc you can have 4 skills on a macro, so on my Melee Warden I had all my buffs macro'd, as well as my normal attack rotations, then just a couple non macro'd abilities to fit the situation. SK was the same, along with hot swap macros. It was all second nature after a short amount of time, and the clicking just flowed once you had the muscle memory.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Yeah ability bloat was always an issue, but eventually you figure out your basic rotations, and make a few Macros. iirc you can have 4 skills on a macro, so on my Melee Warden I had all my buffs macro'd, as well as my normal attack rotations, then just a couple non macro'd abilities to fit the situation. SK was the same, along with hot swap macros. It was all second nature after a short amount of time, and the clicking just flowed once you had the muscle memory.
I keep trying to keybind this game. By far one of the greatest exercises in futility.