Everquest II

penalty_sl

shitlord
I came back to practice for progression the other day. They've totally revamped the low level game. Items and ease of leveling is insane. Was able to hit 30 in one day solo without much work.

Gonna be rolling wizzy on pvp with that bolt of flame master 2. One shotting people. Was able to get dreadnought on my last wiz thanks to that spell.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I'll be rolling a Ranger/Assassin or Bard/Dirge. I haven't decided. Seems like all my immediate group of friends are doing Fury and Wardens. On Nagafen Muligan was a Inquisitor, Stacatto was a Dirge, and Fletchin was a Ranger.

I may go with that again but I was having a great time as a Wizard toward the end.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
The only real question is will the exploits exist from the time frame, like the places to afk level.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
Never really got into eq2, but I'm highly interested in this. If there is anyone starting up or doing practice let me know.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Unless the time locked servers are going to be the current state of the game (which would be absurdly retarded) you trying to "practice" would be a gigantic waste of time. You won't be playing anything similar.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
It makes me wonder if they bothered to maintain the historical code releases. They've done so many content revamps and ability balancing over the years.

EQ1 either didn't bother to maintain their historical code (or they don't want to update the old releases with their new client interfaces - launcher, log in servers, etc). Though it's possible that EQ2 being newer might make it easier to bring up to date.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Its a progression server, not a classic server. My guess is they will just use the current mechanics and lock players within an expansion for x amount of time. People will be max on day 1

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I'd rather have a revisionist history if I played EQ2 again. I mean, I want the gameplay to be balanced. I don't want certain classes to be absurdly effective or raids to be trivial, but EQ2 launched with some annoying design elements that shouldn't be brought back just for the point of perfect period re-enactment.

penalty_sl

shitlord
Still worth trying out classes now and finding out what you like. Just hit 38 on my wizard a few hours ago before I logged out. Its pretty fun to use these new mercs, especially the 9 year vet merc. I can just take him and solo through any dungeon and hit all my favorite named mobs. I joined a progression guild on AB server that is level locked at 60 and doing EoF content+ so that should be fun.

I really cant wait for PVP though. PVP in eq2 was the best shit ever. Probably the most fun I've had in an MMORPG. I'd reccomend any new players to just roll on the pvp server because the PVE shit gets boring fast. PVP in eq2 isnt very negative, you dont get corpse camped or lose anything (besides coin if carrying or infamy). There will be huge pvp wars in certain zones that you can go in and farm some infamy and have tons of fun. It adds a great dynamic to the game and makes farming all that pve shit worthwhile to make you stronger for pvp.

Mur_sl

shitlord
I really cant wait for PVP though. PVP in eq2 was the best shit ever. Probably the most fun I've had in an MMORPG. I'd reccomend any new players to just roll on the pvp server because the PVE shit gets boring fast. PVP in eq2 isnt very negative, you dont get corpse camped or lose anything (besides coin if carrying or infamy). There will be huge pvp wars in certain zones that you can go in and farm some infamy and have tons of fun. It adds a great dynamic to the game and makes farming all that pve shit worthwhile to make you stronger for pvp.
Yeah EQ2 PvP was a shit ton of fun, esp. rollin' Exiled.

The Edge

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm actually interested in this since I'm sitting out on EQ Prog 3.0. I really enjoyed EQII when it first came out, but the problem I have is all the classes tend to feel the same.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
EQ2 PvP is gonna be a bunch of Wardens, Inquises, SKs and Furies. Everyone else is gonna get steamrolled. Especially if they use the current code base.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I want to know what version of the game they will be using at first. I'd actually be interested in it if it was launch mechanics.. Group xp debt! Overworld zones being incredibly dangerous.. Hard(ish) quests required to unlock the use of the bells.. Crafted Adept3s etc.. If they use the current state of the game then it's going to be pretty lame.. Isn't T5 crafted gear better than T5 raid drops now?

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
I want to know what version of the game they will be using at first. I'd actually be interested in it if it was launch mechanics.. Group xp debt! Overworld zones being incredibly dangerous.. Hard(ish) quests required to unlock the use of the bells.. Crafted Adept3s etc.. If they use the current state of the game then it's going to be pretty lame.. Isn't T5 crafted gear better than T5 raid drops now?
first

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
yeah it is. and yeah I'm really hoping for bell quests and all the overland zones being harder. If there is no restrictions on the zones then I'll just run to ferrott first thing and grab a robe of invoker breh

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
I could swear they told me a few years ago they didn't have all the code and stuff
I heard the same. It's a good possibility they are gonna just do the lazy thing and use current code. And if they do that we'll have level 50s day 1 with almost all raid content cleared in a week.