Everquest II

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Eh, I've got three 50s now and I'm super casual and started a month and a half after. It's really time for DoF -- there's just not much to do at 50. Still, though, haven't completed my prismatics yet if anyone can assist :3 Mostly want it for my SK but I'll get my templar's ready just in case.
Message me in game (Calbiyum or Calbium) and I can probably help you out

Saban_sl

shitlord
Ugh vesspyr isles seems super shitty, I really miss old zone styles like commonlands and the like. These new expansion zones are always shit.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Ugh vesspyr isles seems super shitty, I really miss old zone styles like commonlands and the like. These new expansion zones are always shit.
Yeah why is that? I'm on Stormhold(TLE), and even just the Bloodlines/Splitpaw pack is absolute garbage. Vamp caves are a pinkish mess of a computer generated dungeon, no soul no story. Compare that with the original dungeons like Stormhold or Ruins of Varsoon, where each section looks hand crafted, and has a theme of sorts.

I have no idea on the content post lvl 60 though, so the TLE seemed like a perfect choice to experience it again.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Yeah why is that? I'm on Stormhold(TLE), and even just the Bloodlines/Splitpaw pack is absolute garbage. Vamp caves are a pinkish mess of a computer generated dungeon, no soul no story. Compare that with the original dungeons like Stormhold or Ruins of Varsoon, where each section looks hand crafted, and has a theme of sorts.
I'd imagine they had a lot more time to build these zones than they did the expansion zones. But yeah always hate when they need to go all futuristic/next genny and stuff with zones. Just keep them with a basic theme and make them look cool

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, people poopsocking to 60 an hour or so after server came up! Only got 55, damn me for being employed :*(

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I always found it funny that those dopes probably spend just as much time if not more playing the game, but are busy piddling with stupid shit like solo questing, flower smelling and poetry contests or whatever.

It's not the number of hours you spend playing, it's what you do with those hours. All their crying about "rushers" is just denying the possibility that other people are simply better at the game than they are, or are at least playing the game in a more efficient way.

You can always do time wasting shit after you are stuck at cap.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, people poopsocking to 60 an hour or so after server came up! Only got 55, damn me for being employed :*(
It's because if you turned in collections prior to DoF launching you were able to petition and have a GM come give you the XP for them. The only problem was the xp you received doing this was around 3x more than you would of got had you waited for DoF to launch. So someone turning in 40 collections got a little more than someone turning in 80.

Of course it isn't the players fault, DBG had an awful launch. They brought servers up like 30 minutes early but didn't launch DoF. They didn't broadcast not to turn in collections for like 30 minutes or a better idea take servers down to fix the issue. The two hours it took I think they made a total of 4 broadcasts 3 about not turning in collections and 1 about them looking into the problem. Was pretty bad.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Meh, I had a post here but it was just turning into "I quit MMOs" so I'm sure I'll spin the wheel and sub whatever random game in a few weeks when I'm bored again.

As a progression server this utterly fails. It's probably even more broken than playing EQ1 with defiant gear left in. It makes it hard to justify the time and effort.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Yeah and at launch I was so for them because they did a lot of what everyone was asking. Revamped overland mobs, readded Isle of Refuge, did some revamps to blue stat gear. But then all the raids I was so hyped to do were fucking pathetically easy. The best gear was either treasured pieces (sometimes from T4 quests) or city raids for 95% of pieces.

The difficulty is still way too easier and this expansion they didn't put any of the effort they did with classic. They didn't revamp any mobs they didn't remove the ability to zone into Roost from the CoR zone in etc. They'll keep getting lazier and lazier. And once again the expansion is a joke with 2 difficult mobs just like T5 was. Pedestal was giving a guild a problem and I'd imagine DMP being pretty tough. The thing I hate though is that all the good players will say fuck it and then killing these 2 mobs will be so hard because you need to recruit scrubs. Really really upset with how these servers turned out.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Who was doing Pedestal? Darkhand? I believe you need to do the access quest first.

Btw, did you go afk again? I haven't seen you login for the last couple days after you max out your necro on the first day...

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Who was doing Pedestal? Darkhand? I believe you need to do the access quest first.

Btw, did you go afk again? I haven't seen you login for the last couple days after you max out your necro on the first day...
Yes Darkhand I was watching my brother do it.

And yeah I was planning on going to my old college that weekend so I rushed to 60 and then went. No reason to go as hardcore as I did and then get burned out like in T5, even though I pretty much already am since everything is so easy.
Most likely just going to start playing on PvP more but I still am logging onto the necro

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Yes Darkhand I was watching my brother do it.

And yeah I was planning on going to my old college that weekend so I rushed to 60 and then went. No reason to go as hardcore as I did and then get burned out like in T5, even though I pretty much already am since everything is so easy.
Most likely just going to start playing on PvP more but I still am logging onto the necro
Ah, no problem bro, us carebear will always be at Stormhold waiting for you lawl

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
What's the deal on getting into these Maj'Dul city instances? I never played DoF before.

Having fun overall but probably because I don't know any damn better. Progression PvP is just fun for me no matter what.