Everquest II

chorboy

Silver Knight of the Realm
Game is deader than dead, and it was pretty dead last time i played. Anything as far as live after ToV was complete shit, ToV was honestly the best xpac since Sentinel's Fate, CoE was better than DoV but shitty unless you raided the highest raid content which was dope content. The TLE server is a complete joke, it's a copy of live just with AA restrictions. Shit just needs to die already, or have an emulator

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Id like to think i raided in ToV but im pretty sure my last raiding was pre-sirens grotto. I think the pirate ship was the last raid i did and after i logged out i havent been tempted to even consider playing again. The devs were just total f ups and the direction some of the classes were going in was 100% unappealing.

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
Game has been shit since DoV. Needs to die and Vanguard needs to be brought back up (the real eq2)

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
No, ToV was fucking terrible :( The raid encounters were horrifically designed and loaded with bugs. Gninja never should have got rehired, and firing Roger was the biggest mistake

I did really like the DoV raid encounters, but I think EoF was the best raids

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
No, ToV was fucking terrible :( The raid encounters were horrifically designed and loaded with bugs. Gninja never should have got rehired, and firing Roger was the biggest mistake

I did really like the DoV raid encounters, but I think EoF was the best raids

Yeah for me its was DoV thru EoF as the golden era. I'm not sure why folks liked RoV and on. Total aids.

chorboy

Dov was cool as in like drunder/plane of war, but raiding those shit ice zones (kraytoc,statue,tormax) was aids.

Lawrs_EQ2

N00b
EQ2 and EQ were my favorite MMOs. It's a shame they went under and likely will never see the light of day anytime soon.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Who was the person who thought it was a good idea to put Drinal on an elevator?

God, we pulled the encounter like 3 times in beta and I gave him a laundry list of shit that was broken that wasn't fixed 6 months later. That encounter was so retarded. I have 6 different highlights of different bugs in one night, but this takes the cake

Also, looking at that, god you had to have too much shit open in EQ2.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
The last expac ToT was totally shite - very small, in fact smaller than the adventure packs in the past. Itemization is still fucked, some classes are still gimped whilst others are overpowered. Still have to mash 240 hotbars of shit repeatedly on most classes unless your overpowered in which case you can prolly just hit one button over and over, except to cure someone if your a mage.

Business as usual in eq2 land, game has not been enjoyable since SF in 2010.

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
The one thing I couldnt stand about the EQ2 community is how they are brainwashed in to thinking more skills to push = more challenging gameplay

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I tried getting back into this, but the game has aged so poorly visually that I couldn't do it. It's not outdated graphics only, it's just plain ugly.

Then I got into the billions of skills to push and gameplay and I remembered why I quit in the first place.

chorboy

The best thing about the devs was after they made those stupid fucking max hp debuffs to make certain classes viable they forgot to make them not stack so you could just stack 13 brigands and one shot mobs.

Tim

Molten Core Raider
EQ2 today makes me sad. I'll resub every year for a month and quit after a few weeks.

Right before RoK came out it might have been my favorite MMO ever, just frustrating to see what became of it.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Same always go back for a bit yearly, join a guild do some raids and then think not this bollocks again. Last time I went back was for the ToT expac in November last year and it was pretty dead straight after the release. Hard to find groups, boring fucking solo shit to do for bis items, farming coins and chests and whatnot. Some of the mobs were stupidly broken and shit..Was chaos.

Dunno if they managed to sort out any itemisation since then then as quit after a month and since it's EQ2 i highly doubt it.