Everquest II

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I should have drank more playing eq2

Also i will never play any mmorpg again. Especially leading a raid guild

dizzie

Triggered Happy
So.. next expac: level increase to 110. New pet thing and battlegrounds are back as in timed raced group v group. This games totally pay to win if you want to raid now, couple peeps I met in dof who have always played are pretty much fuck it.

You can literally pay your way to being a top dps currently.

jsquirrel

Molten Core Raider
Since we have the offer from RIFT in the other thread, may as well post the EQ2 promotion too.

We’re excited about GU103: The Menagerie, and we want to make sure that everyone that has ever played EverQuest II can join us for this game update! You can redeem a FREE level 100 character boost when you log in before Monday, May 22, 2017 @ 11:59PM PDT.*

Log in before the 22nd and /claim your free level 100 boost bauble from the Promotions tab.

http://eq2wire.com/2017/05/10/free-level-100-character-boost-ends-may-22/

bytes

Molten Core Raider
So I'm actually going to play this because it's f2p and who knows how long before they pull the plug. What's a good duo class combo these days, the other guy is pretty much dead set on being a tank because he hates thiefs and caster dps. I have no idea on how expensive mercs are and if we can reasonably run them.
If they're actually somewhat decent I guess I could do dps and hope the healer merc is able to keep the tank alive through some dungeon zones.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
So I'm actually going to play this because it's f2p and who knows how long before they pull the plug. What's a good duo class combo these days, the other guy is pretty much dead set on being a tank because he hates thiefs and caster dps. I have no idea on how expensive mercs are and if we can reasonably run them.
If they're actually somewhat decent I guess I could do dps and hope the healer merc is able to keep the tank alive through some dungeon zones.

I can never stand playing on live, it's like installing an app in linux, App A needs package B installed, B needs C and D installed, which all have their own dependencies.

Same for live server, in order to do the story quests for the current expansion you also need to do a bunch of language quests, but before that you have to do some access quests, even the old original EQ2 'Speak like a Dragon' quest from vanilla, where you run to 30 different zones to find a rune :p... ugh.

Try the TLE server! They just released an expansion and a lot of pop is on.

Mur

Trakanon Raider

Tell your friend to go SK, they are stupid powerful; great single target, but AoE is where they dominate. Solod easily to 100, and only used a merc for a few fabled dungeon runs.

Basic merc is cheap, and you are limited to basic mercs if FTP. Don't expect too much from them. Roll a Warden or Fury. Good enough heals with an SK, plus porting , sow etc etc. Fury used to be a beast DPS, not sure now though.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
I actually have a fury from 2008 which is apparently the last time I played. Enjoyed her a lot so I might actually create another one. Looks like mercs aren't available at all if you don't have any of the recent expansions or buy the feature on its own.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Since we have the offer from RIFT in the other thread, may as well post the EQ2 promotion too.

We’re excited about GU103: The Menagerie, and we want to make sure that everyone that has ever played EverQuest II can join us for this game update! You can redeem a FREE level 100 character boost when you log in before Monday, May 22, 2017 @ 11:59PM PDT.*

Log in before the 22nd and /claim your free level 100 boost bauble from the Promotions tab.

http://eq2wire.com/2017/05/10/free-level-100-character-boost-ends-may-22/

Oh man I missed it guess I'll pass again

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Pretty much the only working option to even get a sub is with a credit card. No wonder the european side of the game is down to a single fucking server. Every other payment option is 'currently unavailable' and has been like that for two years or so.

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone gonna be playing on the new Fallen Gate TLE?

more info coming this week, but its slated for end of June.

jsquirrel

Molten Core Raider
I'll be rolling a Dirge or a Coercer, I 've haven't decided which yet.

Fallen Gate will more or less be an "event server". From Kander's announcement post:

We’re going to be unlocking a new TLE server this year, Fallen Gate. This server will differ from Stormhold, as there won’t be voting and expansion content will open automatically every 12 weeks. There will be an exact schedule for this and you will know exactly what day each expansion will go live. As we get closer to release we will have more information, but we wanted to talk a bit about Heritage Quests on this server. As a benefit for those who play on the new server, so finishing Heritage Quests on Fallen Gate will unlock some cool rewards for your characters on the regular servers. In addition, there are lots of new achievements, titles, and rewards to be earned here for those who are interested.

So get to re-familiarizing yourself with the various EQ2 Heritage Quests, though in my opinion none of them were really fun.

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'me fine with 12 weeks per expansion, its that 'race to kill Trak' or 'kill x mob' unlockock expansion servers that are lame.

chorboy

Silver Knight of the Realm
I subbed for the free 100. Gonna just level a toon and take my time playing casuals
I'm debating coming back again for this server but i don't think I will bother until like DoF/KoS~. Vanilla was just so bad last time.