Everquest II

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Non-instanced open world named raid mob. Think of Gorenaire, Severilous, or Talendor from EQ days.
It's more of a mob intended for a group that you can grind exp on.

Example, scarecrows in Antonica were 18 and had three up arrows associated with their name plate. This means that they were pretty damn hard to solo and were intended for a single group. Named in EQ2 are associated with achievements, which have stars next to their names typically. There's an asston of named mobs in EQ2 btw.

There's also modifiers to encounter size, such as x2, x4, etc - these are generally raid mobs. So a ^^^ x4 mob with a star next to its name would be a raid boss, and a ^^^ mob would be a trash mob intended for a group.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
It's more of a mob intended for a group that you can grind exp on.

Example, scarecrows in Antonica were 18 and had three up arrows associated with their name plate. This means that they were pretty damn hard to solo and were intended for a single group. Named in EQ2 are associated with achievements, which have stars next to their names typically. There's an asston of named mobs in EQ2 btw.

There's also modifiers to encounter size, such as x2, x4, etc - these are generally raid mobs. So a ^^^ x4 mob with a star next to its name would be a raid boss, and a ^^^ mob would be a trash mob intended for a group.
they had 2 arrows and no stars breh

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Non-instanced open world named raid mob. Think of Gorenaire, Severilous, or Talendor from EQ days.
Actually, they are just regular ^^^ mobs instead of the solo mobs they were changed to. The named mobs may go back to epic status but that hasn't been confirmed.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
I feel like nothing has been confirmed. Not that I'm not super excited for this beta tomorrow but didn't Ragefire have like 3 month announcement before the beta launched? Feel like they're rushing this hardcore just because the EQ1 progress servers did well

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
The overland heroic encounters were retarded as fuck because for the most part they were too spread out for grinding and that's what dungeons are for. And then there's the "fun" of mixing piles of multi-stage bear-ass quests, and class specific quests that don't overlap, with some or all objectives requiring a group.

Ugh, what a fucking mess of a game. I have no idea why they would want to go back to that. Maybe they just mean they will bring back some of the heroic grind areas rather than the random ^^^ badgers mixed in with the solo stuff.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, my bad for reading out of context.

Kreugen hit on a great point. So many people were chasing their own interests for quests and many required group support. You would have an entire group all working on completely disjointed quests spread all over the fucking place. That was not fun at all.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
You'd have to learn to pull around the heroic to get your quest mobs or ask for help to finish you quest since it is an MMO maybe you should ask for help duhhh

penalty_sl

shitlord
So apparently they are making it so you have to subscribe to test the beta servers. Lame as hell. I'd test it for free but I'm not giving them 15$ to do it.

considering giving the EQII TLP experience a whirl. i played eqii for about 3 days 10 years ago.

in regards to TLP, will i be at a gross disadvantage having not played any EQII? i.e. like in EQ1, will there be a fuckton of mages and shadowknights and virtually nothing else? or, will it be fairly balanced?

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So apparently they are making it so you have to subscribe to test the beta servers. Lame as hell. I'd test it for free but I'm not giving them 15$ to do it.
They need to beta distinguishing a premium server, clearly.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
considering giving the EQII TLP experience a whirl. i played eqii for about 3 days 10 years ago.

in regards to TLP, will i be at a gross disadvantage having not played any EQII? i.e. like in EQ1, will there be a fuckton of mages and shadowknights and virtually nothing else? or, will it be fairly balanced?
Probably a little more balanced but really depends how good a class is without the AAs but I can't remember right now. I doubt anything will be like the eq1 mage is. People saying channelers will be OP at level 50 but they weren't an original class so I'm hoping they're not even in at launch

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member

in regards to TLP, will i be at a gross disadvantage having not played any EQII? i.e. like in EQ1, will there be a fuckton of mages and shadowknights and virtually nothing else? or, will it be fairly balanced.
EQ2 is relatively balanced. Your ideal raid comp contains about 3/4th of the classes available in the game.

There's also this 'caster-vs-melee' buff system they have going on with Dirges, Troubadours, Coercers, and Illusionists. Dirges and Coercers buff melee classes, Illusionists and Troubadours buff mage DPS.

Traditionally, your melee group will be something like:
Dirge, Brigand, Inquisitor/Mystic, Coercer, <filler dps or healer>, <filler dps>

Your mage group will be something like:
Illusionist, Troubadour, Fury/Defiler, Necromancer, <filler dps>, <filler dps>

Your best bet for MT group is going to be something like:
Guardian/Paladin/Zerker, Coercer, Templar/Inquisitor, Dirge, Mystic/Defiler, <threat transfer dps class>

In terms of uselessness, I'd say Conjy/Wizard are pretty high up there in uselessness in classic EQ2.

I'd say that Monks/Bruisers still have a chance in early EQ2 due to stat inflation and could probably fill in the tank role without any changes, the game is abysmally easy if they don't make the Prismatic raid line bosses harder to begin with. Especially with stat inflation, too early to tell. Avoidance based tanks will have problems if AAs aren't in to start.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
I'd say that Monks/Bruisers still have a chance in early EQ2 due to stat inflation and could probably fill in the tank role without any changes, the game is abysmally easy if they don't make the Prismatic raid line bosses harder to begin with. Especially with stat inflation, too early to tell. Avoidance based tanks will have problems if AAs aren't in to start.
Yeah brawlers couldn't tank in the game for a long time unless it was like a heroic mob and they were pretty geared. Then I heard they were actually the best tanks at one point.

Also a level 32 bard would be pretty useful in eq2 Lvl_32_Bard_LFG

Yeah brawlers couldn't tank in the game for a long time unless it was like a heroic mob and they were pretty geared. Then I heard they were actually the best tanks at one point.

Also a level 32 bard would be pretty useful in eq2 Lvl_32_Bard_LFG
haha, roger that. i'll most definitely play a dirge i think, or a swashbuckler? although, i did enjoy a good necromancer and enchanter in EQ1 too!

running around exploring the world now. feels somewhat more inviting, fresher, and smoother than when i last played the game. looking forward to this

The Edge

Lord Nagafen Raider
I might give this a go. Raided as a Guardian from 04-07ish. Thinking Defiler this time around.