Everquest II

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
If they botch this, I guess i'll have to begrudgingly go to ESO for PvP. In regards to PvP, I don't the exp rates regardless if they're too slow or too fast. However, I would really like to see them get the early game experience right. They might not get the island working but at least get the original hubs to the starting cities up and going. I, in no way, want to begin in Frostfang sea.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I dicked around there (Halas, right?) and was bored out of my mind. But that was just on a regular freemium server, so I was totally alone.

Years on, and their quest design is still "click through lots of dumb dialog then return to the same area for bearasses over and over and over again"

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
I dicked around there (Halas, right?) and was bored out of my mind. But that was just on a regular freemium server, so I was totally alone.

Years on, and their quest design is still "click through lots of dumb dialog then return to the same area for bearasses over and over and over again"
Honestly i want to do this just to see the content again. EQ2 had some great dungeons and raids at least through when i played ( KOS ). Non-instanced raiding ( if it still exists ) on PVP servers is unreal fun... anyone know if the overland and non instanced raid mobs are still in game ?

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
They are. Not that it matters since mentored toons can basically solo them, but a handful got nerfed down to X2 and such from their original x4. I believe Solusek's Fist and Terrorantula were among them, I'm sure there's a bunch of others.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
They are. Not that it matters since mentored toons can basically solo them, but a handful got nerfed down to X2 and such from their original x4. I believe Solusek's Fist and Terrorantula were among them, I'm sure there's a bunch of others.
I am aware of those being X2 now ya... but some others not. Ya, the thing that really sucks is you are near soloing these with everything in game now. I wish they would scale it somehow back to near original difficulty.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
I am going to give this a go, on PVP if anyone is creating or wants to create a Rerolled guild let me know. They are saying end of month start, think i will start then.

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
So one of the custodians..err..developers just posted a lengthy update as to what they can and can't do for the TLE servers. Essentially, they are changing mitigation and experience gains. Anything else? NOPE. I honestly wish the company that bought out SoE would just sell off Planetside 2, EQ and H1Z1 to another company, and close the rest down for good.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
So one of the custodians..err..developers just posted a lengthy update as to what they can and can't do for the TLE servers. Essentially, they are changing mitigation and experience gains. Anything else? NOPE. I honestly wish the company that bought out SoE would just sell off Planetside 2, EQ and H1Z1 to another company, and close the rest down for good.
Link please.... So are they closing down certain areas or progressing through expansions in any fashion at all? The best part of the PvP was going to be bringing everyone to the Overlands and focusing on open world PvP.

On a brighter note from running around last night, if nothing else, the music in EQ2 really makes to your feel like you're playing a true sequel to EQ. I absolutely love their soundtrack through the old zones. Qeynos is really awesome especially. Maybe i'll just rip the MP3's and skip playing the game.

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
PVE Time Locked Expansion Server Feedback

This has a list of changes. Assuming this was what was referenced, though not sure:

Mitigation - Mitigation went through a (well, several really) revamp, not to mention a gear revamp, that made it practically impossible for low level players to be hurt. We are implementing a mitigation reduction that...mitigates this issue.

Experience Rates - These have been adjusted to make progression a bit closer to what it was like at launch, though they are still substantially higher than they were then. You may well need to lay the smack down on some mobs to advance between quests, or go find other quests to do in other avaliable zones.