Everquest II

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Early days of RIFT was actually not bad at all. But Trion went down hill since then, haven't touch the bottom yet. All there titles including RIFT later expansions are craps.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Yeah I wish they would sell the rights of EQ to competent company. It's painfully obvious they have nothing but idiots running the company.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
From what I have gathered from former DB employees talking on here the problem seems to be less overall incompetence and more shitty policies for content creation and game direction. I don't think that they are having meetings with multiple game designer type characters when they make these sorts of decisions, specifically on their older titles. I think its just one goon deciding that its a good idea and implementing it and if team design / office politics are in such a way that there is no one to check them, then crit mit 2.0 gets put into the game.

Daybreak seems to, unfortunately be rotten at its core in the sense of poor policy and precedent.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
You know I love and respect you Daybreak, but really...

prestige_server2.jpg

I can't wait for my "No-Hierlom" servers.

I cannot help but think that Hierlom is a type of Hebrew/Jewish beer...

Japanfour_sl

shitlord
so i guess that resolve is special crit mit that is even worse than the old one, it somehow forces raiders to have a diverse raid, and penalizes people who cannot get a full raid together. It also forces people to take shittier players because they need x class to increase the raids resolve.

How the fuck do you think making an even worse version of something that most if not all eq2 players disliked is a good thing?

Why you would put conditions on raiding like this in a game that has a constantly dwindling population?

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
so i guess that resolve is special crit mit that is even worse than the old one, it somehow forces raiders to have a diverse raid, and penalizes people who cannot get a full raid together. It also forces people to take shittier players because they need x class to increase the raids resolve. ...
They've made a few good decisions, but so very many bad ones that prove they're out to touch. Stuff so bad I'm tempted to trot out the old 'THIS IS A SLAP IN THE FACE VERANT!!!1!!1'.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
I would consider the "Race to kill Trak" server if there were some competitive guilds on it....but I doubt anyone will care.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
I would consider the "Race to kill Trak" server if there were some competitive guilds on it....but I doubt anyone will care.
That 1 guild on SH right now may care. But probably not since they wouldn't be relevant/disband if competent people played

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
But the race server doesn't make a lot of sense to me. It's literally just like avoid doing anything but kill track and don't do anything else that would be fun or anything and then when you kill him we reset your toon

Japanfour_sl

shitlord
But the race server doesn't make a lot of sense to me. It's literally just like avoid doing anything but kill track and don't do anything else that would be fun or anything and then when you kill him we reset your toon
The odd thing is that Kunark was huge, and DBG has been working hard to make sure no one plays eq2. Who do they think is going to populate this new server? I am guessing about 2-3 guilds and thats it. It would be seriously hilarious if they had to shut the server down becausse not enough gave a shit to even try to kill trak and just wanted to enjoy a server at RoK.

If anything, they are just using this to test RoK for TLE.

Wouldnt they hash this idea out more with fans before they try to sell it to them? Clearly a sign of people that know what they are doing. I mean when I sell someone something, Its always best that I dont tell them any details. That way, I can rationalize that they have no reason to complain because they didnt know what they were getting into in the first place(even though I should be honest and explain that to them somehow)! Its a non accountability tactic. Its probably this way because this isnt the devs idea, and maybe even the devs want the idea to tank because its not feasable anymore. Kunark was made by a much larger dev team.

Its just a poorly thought out Idea. They are just throwing turds at a wall while they ride to valhalla.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I think race servers are a cool idea, but the team could never really do it right if people didn't suck at the game. Killing Trak should really take like 3 weeks, though I wouldn't be surprised to see it take 2-3 months simply because no one plays the game and everyone sucks at it. That raid content was always easy, and that was a time of the game you could do it in quested gear. Nevermind the state of the game now.

Of course they'll make it take a little longer artificially by making xp slower, which is the most retarded thing ever. Also the rewards will be meaningless as fuck

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Welp TLE server is dead to me. Instead of fixing tanks, they break summoners. My pet now has 20% of the health it used to, and for some reason I (not my pet) mitigate 0%. That should make soloing interesting. By interesting I mean uninstall, because tanks are still broken as fuck on TLE.