Everquest II

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Im pretty sure majdul. I was also on befallen. Also there are 2 progression servers and a like free trrade one

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
So that means it's just you and 72 virgins playing on that server?

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
You setup a new forum for an almost dead game? Bravos bro!

I would play eq2 only if they open a progression server without selling all the pay to win crap (exp potions / stat pet etc)

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
You setup a new forum for an almost dead game? Bravos bro!

I would play eq2 only if they open a progression server without selling all the pay to win crap (exp potions / stat pet etc)
Stormhold and Deathtoll they didn't have xp pots until a few weeks and it was awesome. Really annoying having to spend thousands of dollars to compete in games now and almost as annoying trying to explain to people why xp pots give an advantage

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Stormhold and Deathtoll they didn't have xp pots until a few weeks and it was awesome. Really annoying having to spend thousands of dollars to compete in games now and almost as annoying trying to explain to people why xp pots give an advantage

Still don't know how anyone plays on the live servers. They remove popular things from in game vendors and put them in the cash shop (like weapon delay mods). It takes a full month real time to research spell upgrades, and that's only a one step upgrade. But if you pay 5000 DBC or so hey you can upgrade right now! /puke

The time locked server is getting that way now too, before it would be like 7 days to research an upgrade, we're up to 24 or so now.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Still don't know how anyone plays on the live servers. They remove popular things from in game vendors and put them in the cash shop (like weapon delay mods). It takes a full month real time to research spell upgrades, and that's only a one step upgrade. But if you pay 5000 DBC or so hey you can upgrade right now! /puke

The time locked server is getting that way now too, before it would be like 7 days to research an upgrade, we're up to 24 or so now.

Games a travesty now. you have to pay what £1000+ to max out your spells on top of a sub? Don't you have to research each tier for a month? So Adept 3- Master- Grandmaster-Ancient? And each of those costs something like £20 if you pay? Pretty sure how that was how it was working last time I played - tho I never paid for any upgrades with the store.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Pretty much all MMOs have become that now. The f2p shit really made them fucking aids. Even in a game like WoW Where you cant pay to instantly cut down the timer its still stupid forcing you to wait 30 days for certain things. Its like fucking farmville at this point

Dracula's Crew

Molten Core Raider
Games a travesty now. you have to pay what £1000+ to max out your spells on top of a sub? Don't you have to research each tier for a month? So Adept 3- Master- Grandmaster-Ancient? And each of those costs something like £20 if you pay? Pretty sure how that was how it was working last time I played - tho I never paid for any upgrades with the store.

I keep wanting to come back to this game and try it (since I skipped it after EQ) and I look to these forums / youtube videos to stop this urge.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Jait

Molten Core Raider
You can still buy spells or get drops. It’s the same as before except they added pay to win.

Endymion

Trakanon Raider
  • 1Like

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Ascension spells are a bit different; you have to upgrade tier by tier and the components for crafting the craftable tiers are stupidly rare. You might be able to eventually upgrade your spells by gameplay means, but the system is definitely designed for you to spend money. Those spells are heavy hitters, too.

Yeah. I knew that and forgot it’s relevance. The knowledge/research system in question though was implemented way before KA. If they’re using it now just for ascension spell progression that’s bogus. Wasn’t aware as I’m a filthy casual running old content. Those abilities were a bit of a turnoff for me. They’re basically God abilities, pretty sure I had one hit for 885 million damage in plane of war. Wish they had gone a lot more in depth into High Magic and it’s origins. The little they did was fascinating. But yeah the Ascension spells are nuts. The ones I played with trivialized all other damage output.

chorboy

Silver Knight of the Realm
The ascension system is really horrible and the developers are a fucking joke.

Gninja is possibly the worst developer i've ever seen in a video game in my entire life, he once told my guild he would ban us on a mob if we ran more than three fighters (the script basically made one tank unable to do anything for 30 seconds and the mob casted it every 10 seconds, so we were just gonna stack four fighters so we could live through it, but that is "exploiting according to him.")

Caith has absolutely zero creativity in class creation/balance and has no idea how to fix the coding on a lot of abilities, so many classes right now on live are just absolutely useless because of how little they planned out the stat inflation tying into class balance.

Coercer's used to buff tanks/healers but what good are their buffs when you can cap out every stat?

Every dps class but warlocks are basically useless, only two healer classes are really relevant but guilds of course refuse to stack their raids to proper setup.

I last played in altar of malice when the raids became literal copy/pastes of old raid encounters 100% of the time, there was absolutely zero challenge to the game; every mob just became who can cheese through gninja's shitty mechanics and kill it in time.

TLE isn't bad, they want to make the content accessible to everyone so it kinda removes any challenge from the game, it's not super competitive, everything is killable within the first few weeks but people think they are incredible at the game by raiding for >20 hours and clearing it all. There is a lot of complaints about the familiars, and the leveling up of spells, but with a low level familiar you can buy with plat, and just experts; i'm the top parsing person on the server versus people who are pouring bonkers amounts of money into their characters.

The coins for the daily aren't that bad, everyone just pulls the end bosses through walls and trains to the end of dungeons anyways, it only takes 15-20 minutes. 10 if you're botting it.

We did a bot raid for veeshan's peak just to clear some trash because the gem rate was abysmal, and it was entertaining to see our three groups of bots do the same amount of raid wide as our full four groups just because that many people are fucking terrible.

It really is a shame, the game truly does have a lot of potential.

I still don't understand how people think they need to press like 50 buttons, realistically 1/2 are buffs, 1/3rd are things you hit on occasion, and rotations for most classes only invole 5-15 skills at most.

Currently on TLE the xp pots people are paying money for aren't working, and dbl xp no longer multiplies the end number and instead just adds a 100% bonus to the base making it hardly noticable, but hey, you can always stack more group pots for $10 right?

chorboy

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah. I knew that and forgot it’s relevance. The knowledge/research system in question though was implemented way before KA. If they’re using it now just for ascension spell progression that’s bogus. Wasn’t aware as I’m a filthy casual running old content. Those abilities were a bit of a turnoff for me. They’re basically God abilities, pretty sure I had one hit for 885 million damage in plane of war. Wish they had gone a lot more in depth into High Magic and it’s origins. The little they did was fascinating. But yeah the Ascension spells are nuts. The ones I played with trivialized all other damage output.
I mean their not really that overpowered, they only really account for like 15-20% of raid wide and aren't going to save you on longer fights, the research system came in at sentinel's fate iirc, and back then it was a pretty cool system because you could upgrade a few high priced masters and just get the rest, but master drops rates were blanket nerfed across the game to make people pay to upgrade their spells.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Game is gone... lost. You can't even stop by for some nostalgia. I tried before I began traveling this summer and it was hard to stomach. So sad.... they did a lot of things right and for whatever reason just took a dump on all of it. To me, this was a game that could have just rode some fan service and kept a decent population of dedicate fans and got some of their friends time to time during expansion lulls of other games.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I start fresh every 2-3 years and multi-box through the storylines, skipping Ro. It’s fun for the story but everything dies too fast. And some of the mechanics for dungeons requiring 2+ players is fucking stupid. Look I get you didn’t want people running through this Solo. Now that’s pretty much all you got. It kills the fun instantly and becomes tedious. Pretty sure for that reason I stopped just before Vespyr in my last run. Not sure why but some goofy mechanic.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
After playing TLE twice, EQ2 is officially dead to me with all p2w craps they put in.

• 1Like