Everquest II

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
So they announced another expansion and continue to completley ignore core issues that prevent this from being at least a niche game with some time wasting value. Why... WHY will they not at least attempt to address the ability bloat? All these years and it could have been done. There is more than that wrong, sure, but I could walk away with some level of closure knowing that they at least tried to make EQ2 a decent game.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
At this point, I believe their opinion is "Why bother"?

I assume they leveled off a few years back and make a steady profit, so not sure if the fix cost would be worth it?

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
If they fixed ability bloat, they’d just piss the remaining whales off that play this game and it would be completely dead.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

dizzie

Triggered Happy
So they announced another expansion and continue to completley ignore core issues that prevent this from being at least a niche game with some time wasting value. Why... WHY will they not at least attempt to address the ability bloat? All these years and it could have been done. There is more than that wrong, sure, but I could walk away with some level of closure knowing that they at least tried to make EQ2 a decent game.

The bloat is absolutely of the charts in this game. Whats their answer? Add another stat Devs so we can nickle and dime the userbase.

The stats are ridiculous and it should have all been consolidated back in RoK.

When was the last good expansion? One that wasn't copy paste? TSO?

• 1Like

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Don't forget doubling down on the ascension junk, where you everyone shares abilities that do 80% of your classes DPS. These are nearly impossible to level up outside of forking out like $90 per ability to grandmaster it. That said I don't do any EQ2 outside of the TLE server (Fallen Gate) so not sure if that's still 100% accurate :p

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Live stream happened today. They naturally avoided the major questions and left a lot unanswered. However, they did showcase the elemental zones, mentioned contested raids, and a rework of public quests. They also added another raid their and more avatars in the old world zones.

Not sure if that matters to anyone but there ya go.... EQ2... now will more hotbars

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Found some leaked screenshots of beta with the new abilities they added:

fQrQQg2.jpg

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Daybreak will never get another dime from me. It’s to the point that everyone needs to simply stop giving them money. Period. That’s the only hope we have of getting them to sell the IP to someone competent.

I found this somehow, good memories reading it. I am out of the MMO biz for good. But this game was something else.

• 1Like
Did you PvP a ton in Rift? Your name sounds familiar.

I did. I had a whole slew of aliases too. Purplepixiestick. Worseplayerever. Nightmarish. Autumnn. Farrah. It was kinda fun for something super causal. I tried some of the player arranged "pvp" events. Gimmick city won that game. lol.

Did Rift after Eq2. I still hear about the Eq2 life from a friend of mine competing with the top guilds of the game now. It sounds horrible to me lol. I think I really got lucky with getting to experience eq2 to the fullest.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
were you a wizard or warlock on befallen? i'm associating your name with pyrotess for some reason.

were you a wizard or warlock on befallen? i'm associating your name with pyrotess for some reason.

Wizard, always. I was on Befallen WAY back in the day with Legends and later Reborn guilds. Pyro was my boy though, we chilled a lot. Healthy warlock and wizard rivalry lol.

[Befallen] Legends --> Reborn
[Najena] Second Dawn app for like 12 days
[????] Confirmed when they started out
[LDL] Strike
Somewhere I hung with Jeals guild, because Naif was my warlock homie too
Then Equilibrium to close it all out

Original confirmed up until Growth kill, and Equilibrium @ clearing of Underfoot Depths were some amazing times to be alive.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Wizard, always. I was on Befallen WAY back in the day with Legends and later Reborn guilds. Pyro was my boy though, we chilled a lot. Healthy warlock and wizard rivalry lol.

[Befallen] Legends --> Reborn
[Najena] Second Dawn app for like 12 days
[????] Confirmed when they started out
[LDL] Strike
Somewhere I hung with Jeals guild, because Naif was my warlock homie too
Then Equilibrium to close it all out

Original confirmed up until Growth kill, and Equilibrium @ clearing of Underfoot Depths were some amazing times to be alive.
did pyro ever get with that canadian "girl" that had the robo voice? everyone kept telling him it's a dude!

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
I raided with you a little bit on Unrest, you tagged along with some drama queen warlock on my guild's (Inner Circle) raids a few times. Can't remember her name but I think she was in Equilibrium too and I got the distinct impression it was only because she was banging around with high ups.

Sure it wasnt illusionist? Lol. I think I remember a warlock. Southernns alts? Then again..I think showoff had a warlock alt too (as an illy main). Gotta have TC man.

I also never heard how the Miow thing worked out for pyro.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
If anyone is super bored and wants to level on EQ2's TLE server, there's a stupid puppet event going on. Kill the raid mob, go from level 1 to 25, do it again for another dozen levels, repeat. Level cap in like 3 hours.

• 1Like