Everquest II

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
And their favorite topic of conversation is how awful the wow community is, so you'll have lots of common ground.
Beat me to it, LOL.

One of my favorite things to do was to make some pro-WOW comment (particularly using an alt) and watch people absolutely flip their shit. And you always knew that many of the loudest detractors of WOW never actually played WOW; it was like some bizarre quasi-political mindset where people just regurgitated talking points ad nauseum.

The only complaint I would make was that a large portion of the "difficulty" was the burden placed on healers and cures. Miss a cure = almost guaranteed wipe.
I don't remember the specific named or raid anymore (one of the nameds in Sullon's maybe?) but the one encounter where the named cursed 2 people in the raid, and one curse was "real" and the other one "fake", but I vaguely remember that they looked identical and there were fail conditions tied to removing the wrong one. I think you could look in ACT and tell which was which, but I remember thinking to myself that that had to be some of the most retarded shit that I'd seen in an MMO raid encounter.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I'll be resubbing... I keep a $15.00 earmark in our budget just for my MMO hobby haha and thanks to LoL I haven't been using it for awhile. I may even get the expansion. As I said before, I've always been a fan (it's a love/hate thing) and I enjoy the raids and dungeons. Here's hoping the expansion is an improvement over the last couple.

I'm on AB.... where is everyone else?

And yes, the EQII community has always been more mature. It may not be a better game but I found myself experiencing much more of the EQ community in EQII than I ever did in WoW. That's just me though..

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I'll be resubbing... I keep a $15.00 earmark in our budget just for my MMO hobby haha and thanks to LoL I haven't been using it for awhile. I may even get the expansion. As I said before, I've always been a fan (it's a love/hate thing) and I enjoy the raids and dungeons. Here's hoping the expansion is an improvement over the last couple.

I'm on AB.... where is everyone else?

And yes, the EQII community has always been more mature. It may not be a better game but I found myself experiencing much more of the EQ community in EQII than I ever did in WoW. That's just me though..
I am on as Utnayanx on AB as well. SK.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You obviously have never heard of EQ2Flames.
LOL. I forgot about that site. My claim to fame was the "Carebear Corner" section was created by some douche complaining about me in game. His post was the first dumped in there.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Hmm i have an 80 something Inq i can dick around on if people are playing. Zraa is its name (AB)

Silence_sl

shitlord
LOL. I forgot about that site. My claim to fame was the "Carebear Corner" section was created by some douche complaining about me in game. His post was the first dumped in there.
EQ2F was a veritable soup kitchen of hobos,methheads, crack heads, infected scabs of society, and that was just the founder himself.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
You obviously have never heard of EQ2Flames.
Oh I know that community all to well my PvP years in EQ2. I just never really listened to them much as it was a flames forum by name. That was primarily just a little corner of the the EQ2 universe where that kind of stuff gathered. You didn't really get that in game though.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I liked how Flames jumped on the Pedo-Sam bandwagon after we banned him and locked that thread on FOH. The upside was that Sam got dragged through the mud even more, and that they helped archive some stuff that we missed (plus the add to ED), the downside was reading that trainwreck of a thread and on top of all that, seeing Gaige defend Sam's pedo adventures (at least I think it was Gaige).

Black Sun Wizard

Silver Knight of the Realm
Is AB the populated one?

As I don't want to devote my life to this, whats an easy class to play and solo? I've tried SK and they seem decent enough but I don't have anything to compare to. Also, I assume this game has merc's as well? Or is that some "gold member only" stuff?

Profundis

AB or Freeport are going to be the most populated servers.

SK is pretty easy, and only gets more so with AA's. There is an AA called Reaver that adds a lifetap to your direct damage spells, and at that point, its basically run through multiple groups of mobs, AE the shit out of everything and watch yourself take little to no damage. I recently leveled up a Berzerker and a Monk, and while both can solo fairly well (Monks/Bruisers have Feign Death, which is tits) Shadowknights are more efficient. This is with both being twinked as fuck though, so take it with a grain of salt.

Merc's require an expansion, but not sure which, as I haven't purchased the last 2. I think it is Age of Discovery, though.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
So I logged in yesterday for the first time in years and couldn't remember wtf I was doing.

I think I'll start a new character. Are there any out there that don't have a dozen hotbars of garbage?

Profundis

Depending on buffs/temps/any clickies you may or may not need (Manastone, cure potions, etc.) you're likely looking at 4-5 minimum. This is just from the perspective of melee oriented classes though, I don't usually play casters. I can't imagine it being much different, though. There's probably some superfluous stuff you could omit, though (don't really need a de-aggro if you're soloing, for instance).

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Having gotten access to my old account again, I downloaded this and Vanguard yesterday. Not played either in years.

I have 4 character slots, I am sure I had more characters, my conjuror is gone at least. Deleted one charcter, and another one did not pop up. So assume all characters below the 4 top ones are deleted. Logged on a 52 necro and was greeted by many a popup.

Noticed my legendary items are now locked. Big red text on my legendary j boots. I have tons of timed grandmaster version of spells, but others adapt and such. The master level tomes I had I guess are gone because silver status do not get access to those?

Had several AAs filled out (i did not do that) and 26 to spare.

Got confused and logged off. Is there any point in starting a new character to experience things?

Aside from a bunch of veteran rewards, my SOE accounts lists these as enabled.

2 Experience Potions + 1 Character Slot
Daily Objectives State
Entitlement: Auction Beta
Entitlement: Desert of Flames + In-Game Item: Genie Bottle
Entitlement: Echoes of Faydwer
Entitlement: Kingdom of Sky
Entitlement: Rise of Kunark
Entitlement: Sentinel's Fate
Entitlement: The Bloodline Chronicles
Entitlement: The Fallen Dynasty
Entitlement: The Shadow Odyssey All-In-One Pack
Entitlement: The Splitpaw Saga
EverQuest II Silver Membership

Would I need more to experience anything worthwile? Is there anything worthwile to experience until the end levels, I doubt I will ever get there. I have tried the leveling as an iksar and as those fairies (even though the characters are gone), so have seen those areas which were not in the game at launch.

Vanguard seemed much more friendly with their F2P as I think I got 4 legacy character slots, 12 in total. Lots of claim rewards to unlock gold gear as well as some gold items for free. Seemed much more viable to play with a silver account. Then again, that might come from no updates and little extra content compared to EQ2.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Are the two bard classes any good at soloing/grouping? Desired?

I might give it a whirl, and I don't really want to pay a sub just yet until I can devote more time to a game.

Do we have a guild on AB? I assume Mistwalkers is still there but...

Just reactivated my account as well. I haven't played the game since it launched and even then I only made it to 23. Made a Troubadour on AB, name is Khava.

Are bards worth half a shit in this game or will I be waiting for ever to find groups if I continue playing beyond the checking it out phase? I was a bard in EQ classic since launch day through OoW and I miss that type of class.