Everquest II

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Eh, I went hard and was in Xanadu for Beta and launch. I played a Guardian, so naturally quit the game during DoF with the tank changes. I came back during EoF through Kunark sporadically. The game had so much wasted potential. Props to Hartsman for making Kunark enjoyable though!

Sneeto

Golden Squire
Back in 2012 I returned to EQ2 and made a dirge. I played it almost entirely solo and really had a good time, so I'm thinking of coming back to play once more.

I got to Kunark with my dirge then went on a 6 month vacation, so when I got back I didn't play again.

One of the best things I liked was getting the old gear like FBSS, jboots and the eq1 items, I think they called them heirlooms. Anyone still playing, did they change the stuff where if you go back to a lower level area the mobs don't drop gear? I hated that. However, I still had a good time being able to solo complete a lot of stuff.

If I came back, I wanted to try the beastlord. Is it even more solo friendly now?

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Don't they have mercenaries in EQ2 now? If you can't solo, I am sure a merc would go a long way.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Same, I was in Vagabonds at launch. Good times. I was also with Vagabonds for Vanguard's launch.

Saw you folks often. Legacy was the flag I was under. We also migrated to Vanguard, but the majority of the guild saw through that cluster fuck, and fell apart quickly.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Anyone want to play with me/help me out a bit? Just installed this big beautiful bitch because I'm bored.

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
EoF the first avatars were so fucking awesome...
EMO halls will never forget that fucking zone.

the first avatar kill on permafrost and i got to tank it that shit was so awesome
2rdvrea.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Back in 2012 I returned to EQ2 and made a dirge. I played it almost entirely solo and really had a good time, so I'm thinking of coming back to play once more.

I got to Kunark with my dirge then went on a 6 month vacation, so when I got back I didn't play again.

One of the best things I liked was getting the old gear like FBSS, jboots and the eq1 items, I think they called them heirlooms. Anyone still playing, did they change the stuff where if you go back to a lower level area the mobs don't drop gear? I hated that. However, I still had a good time being able to solo complete a lot of stuff.

If I came back, I wanted to try the beastlord. Is it even more solo friendly now?

They were heritage quests. Loved doing those when the game first released. It was a fun way to progress and explore all of the zones and the quest lines weren't that bad.

Thinking back to when the game first released, all my group really did was spam the writ quests over and over and over. I assume my guild leader thought it would pay off and they'd flesh out the system more, but the only thing we really got out of it were being one of the first people to get the magic carpet mounts. Worked our asses off for those and then they were a quest item an expansion later.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Anyone want to play with me/help me out a bit? Just installed this big beautiful bitch because I'm bored.
I almost did but then I thought about setting up the macros to contain the spam and stopped the download, same reason I didn't install WoW again. Setting up the UI from scratch and all the required mods can literally take hours, fuck that noise.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, it is a huge pain in the ass but I just take care of the essentials like the first hotbar and resizing the chat windows immediately. Then, over time, I just tweak small things here and there until it all comes together.

Shit is just annoying having to pay for Premium Access to use things like /OOC. Like, are you fucking kidding me? Lol. Reeks of desperation.

I made a Ranger just to try shit out and it's pretty fun but man those bow animations are rough and boring as fuck. At least at low levels. I forgot how empty combat feels in this game, I mean literally - it feels like I'm fighting air.

Gonna load up a Monk or Bruiser and some other shit right now just to test shit out if someone wants to join me or give me itamz.

Also, can someone suggest some good classes for solo play (because I can't find other ppl to play with) that also have good DPS? I love rogue characters but EQ style rogues that require to be behind the back are useless when the servers are empty...Never play casters much in EQ but was hoping maybe Necromancer was viable solo or maybe even a Paladin/SK/Monk.

Last edited:

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Yeah, it is a huge pain in the ass but I just take care of the essentials like the first hotbar and resizing the chat windows immediately. Then, over time, I just tweak small things here and there until it all comes together.

Shit is just annoying having to pay for Premium Access to use things like /OOC. Like, are you fucking kidding me? Lol. Reeks of desperation.

I made a Ranger just to try shit out and it's pretty fun but man those bow animations are rough and boring as fuck. At least at low levels. I forgot how empty combat feels in this game, I mean literally - it feels like I'm fighting air.

Gonna load up a Monk or Bruiser and some other shit right now just to test shit out if someone wants to join me or give me itamz.

Also, can someone suggest some good classes for solo play (because I can't find other ppl to play with) that also have good DPS? I love rogue characters but EQ style rogues that require to be behind the back are useless when the servers are empty...Never play casters much in EQ but was hoping maybe Necromancer was viable solo or maybe even a Paladin/SK/Monk.

Brigand, they have lots of ways to stun or force no direction change so you can backstab. They also have my favorite move where you lay down and when hit you parry for massive damage. Good times.

Play what you find fun because no class can really solo anything worth killing in these games.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider

Every game does this. They don't want gold spammers making a bunch of free accounts and just spamming channels so they make it so you have to have a paid account to

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Every game does this. They don't want gold spammers making a bunch of free accounts and just spamming channels so they make it so you have to have a paid account to
I understand that, and it makes sense - but I was more annoyed by the fact that there isn't a single "generalized" channel I can use without paying was kind of my point.

chorboy

Silver Knight of the Realm
I understand that, and it makes sense - but I was more annoyed by the fact that there isn't a single "generalized" channel I can use without paying was kind of my point.
The best part about the subscription shit is they literally gated all of the best in slot gear behind the subscription so you have to get it if you want to be good, this game is pretty nazi comical at this point.

• 1Like

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
The best part about the subscription shit is they literally gated all of the best in slot gear behind the subscription so you have to get it if you want to be good, this game is pretty nazi comical at this point.
Yeah I figured that would be the case, but I'm just messing around for fun right now. Starting at level 1 and not at 90 so there's so much time before I would even begin to be concerned about min/maxing top gear for raids, etc. But yeah I do wish it were at least possible to just jump in and play at a reasonable level for free but that is almost never the case. Oh well.

That being said, I'm like level 12 now and have a decent grasp of the game, controls, etc. There's a small amount of people and chat going on so it's not completely dead but the zones are so massive and spawns are so relentless it's actually kind of tough. Never seen an MMO with the majority of it's zones having fully popped spawns everywhere. I'm having fun though, not sure how long it will last but it's cool. I'm on HoF server and there seem to be a decent amount of high levels chatting and auctioning, etc.

edit; Also, I'm pretty menu savvy seeing as I've been playing MMOs since 99 but this goddamn AA tree is fucking confusing. I've never really read a tutorial for shit in my life, but this stuff is giving me a headache. It's all formatted so poorly. I can't slide my AA XP % meter either so it's just stuck sucking up 50% of my XP. Not sure if that's by design/default and you can change it later or what but uhh, oh well, I guess.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
edit; Also, I'm pretty menu savvy seeing as I've been playing MMOs since 99 but this goddamn AA tree is fucking confusing. I've never really read a tutorial for shit in my life, but this stuff is giving me a headache. It's all formatted so poorly. I can't slide my AA XP % meter either so it's just stuck sucking up 50% of my XP. Not sure if that's by design/default and you can change it later or what but uhh, oh well, I guess.
I'm pretty sure that's locked behind a sub

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
It is locked with the sub. But as far as that goes you used to have to pay in order to do anything. So if i ever have an urge to visit a zone i dont need to pay i can simply log in and do it

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Well that sucks. Oh well.

Anyone wanna load a fresh 90 with me? This shit is fun as fuck. Don't judge me.

Lawrs_EQ2

N00b
Besides EQ, EQ2 is one of my favorite MMORPGs (as you can tell from my name). I had a lot of fun times in there. I really enjoyed the grouping with friends, and the raiding as my Paladin. I know people didn't like TSO too much but I enjoyed it, especially the group content. Sadly, the game never reached its full potential and by then it was on life support as its conversion to WoW game play failed. DoV did even worse, gear wise. It was just so boring: +0.2 more potency, yahoo! Most interesting item upgrade ever!

Ah well, maybe in 5-10 years, someone will buy the rights to EQ and actually make a good game. But that's obviously wishful thinking.