Everquest II

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Why do people in eq1 and eq2 say things like hihihi and hugs. I never see that shit in WOW
Go to the 'shaw and search 'Transsexual'.
wink.png

mysterion_sl

shitlord
quick question: is it possible to increase the distance the name of mobs and resource nodes are displayed? i am trying to fish a bit and i am seeing the fishing nodes only if i more or less stand on them.
while it's not really important with the resource nodes, it gets shitty with the aggro mobs, because often i run into things before realising it's scowling at me.

(btw its not a problem with the rendering of the mobs per se, and if i mouseover/target mobs i can see the name even at 200yards away.)

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Have you tried turning on names full time? as opposed to just on mouseover or combat?

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
quick question: is it possible to increase the distance the name of mobs and resource nodes are displayed? i am trying to fish a bit and i am seeing the fishing nodes only if i more or less stand on them.
while it's not really important with the resource nodes, it gets shitty with the aggro mobs, because often i run into things before realising it's scowling at me.

(btw its not a problem with the rendering of the mobs per se, and if i mouseover/target mobs i can see the name even at 200yards away.)
Found this in 10 seconds of googling "increase view distance of harvest nodes eq2." It's a very old post so it may not be accurate.

Options -> models -> Model bias -> maximum... you can see even difficult nodes (dens, logs) from MUCH MUCH further away.

mysterion_sl

shitlord
Found this in 10 seconds
thanks for the condecension, but you misread my post. i can see all mobs/nodes just fine from as far as 200 yards (or whatever units those are). and i really dont have a problem with finding foresting/gathering/mining resources even without the names displayed above the nodes. but the fishing nodes are slightly submerged so i only see them (and their nametags) when i am really close. and that's what i want to change. the distance when the fucking nametags of the nodes and mobs are displayed.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Had a similar issue when doing Qho's shit when I hit the Nektulos fishing, I ended up just swimming the edges of the river and hitting TAB every two seconds to find the fish nodes.

PS: If you play Australian timezone evenings and would like to play a bard or chanter send me a PM and I'll powerlevel you on Unrest. These mana-drains in Sleepers are pissing me right the fuck off. =D

kudos

<Banned>
Heroic Characters (EQ2) :: Wiki :: EverQuest II :: ZAM

A "full" Heroic Character is level 85 (current cap is 95) with 280 Alternate Advancement (AA) points (current cap is 320). Existing and new players may create one free Heroic Character between October 1 and October 15, 2013. Existing accounts created on or before September 22, 2013 may create one per account; accounts created on or after September 23, 2013 are limited to one per household.

Existing characters can be "upgraded"

After the free period of Oct 1 - Oct 15, the cost of this feature is 3500 Station Cash (SC; valued at $35USD)

After the free period of Oct 1 - Oct 15, players can use a "free trial" which temporarily grants level 85 and 100 AAs. The trial lasts until you hit level 86 and may have other restrictions.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
That sounds horrific. I can't imagine going back to EQ2 after not playing for 2-3 years and upgrading one of my level 30-40 chars to level 85. How many skills would that net you? yikes

khalid

Unelected Mod
Did they do anything at all to eliminate ability bloat, or is it stilla bout having 5 hotbars set up and spamming?

kudos

<Banned>
I don't know but I'm making one on each SoE account because why not? I think I have like 6 accounts.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Btw, item restriction is also gone, all you need is 700 - 800 SC to upgrade all your spells to Master (assuming you have the spells already).

Other than that, no real reason to pay $15 a month to play

Silence_sl

shitlord
Did they do anything at all to eliminate ability bloat, or is it stilla bout having 5 hotbars set up and spamming?
Nope.

I loaded up a L20is alt, got the 85 thing.

SHIT EVERYWHERE across 7 hotbars. Old spells mixed in with new. Threw up my hands, logged out, and cancelled.

Silence_sl

shitlord
L85 thing gives 5 plat, a full set of very good for the level gear, and a flying mount. Worth a look if you are a masochist.