Everquest II

Dalnoth_sl

shitlord
Just press every button that has a red background when it comes off cooldown, you'll be fine. If there are 2 mobs press the blue ones too.
Are you trying to tell us you do bad DPS in EQ2?

Grabbit im on AB if you need help. Dalnohs is the name I play on.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Biggest problem for me on EQ2 was none of the players knew how to play.

No one could follow strats. No one could play their class to the level that raids required. The level of MMO knowledge and skill required is abysmally low compared to other games like FFXIV, yet the community is catered to with solo content and expects the whole game to be like that the whole way through. Same problem I had with Rift.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I friended you Dalnoth. I'll be looking for you. I spent several hours talking with Buffrat yesterday and learned a few things, but I still have a lot of questions.

chorboy

Silver Knight of the Realm
Antonia_bayle.Adoninilol i raid in zenith as a warden if you have any questions.

Tananthalas

<Gold Donor>
I'm not making a separate thread for this. The new EQ2 xpac dropped today (hooray) and some of the features look pretty good. 20 more AA's to the max (from 320 to 340) and a much higher AA cap on several of the AA menus. So the total amount of AA slots they added is 180. This makes for much more customizable AA builds and it is very reminiscent of the soul system in Rift or even the ability trees in WoW. Witht he ability to swap builds on the fly my monk will be able to do decent DPS or tank. More versatility is always good.

My major bitch is that they touted the ability to collect and swap out mercenaries on the fly in their grand release. This was probably my favorite thing about this expansion. What they did not mention (and only revealed much later) was that to do this would cost station cash. I just bought the fucking expansion what kind of cocksucker is going to charge me a fee on top of that xpac cost to utilize a function that went into marketing the xpac. Goddamn. It's 100 station cash per mercenary and if you sub you get 500 station cash a month so it's not a huge deal, but it's the principle. Should have just added the Lujen mercs from the previous xpac CE as a 5 or 10 dollar add on since those are twice as good as regular mercenaries. On the plus side servers are busy as hell it looks like.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
My major bitch is that they touted the ability to collect and swap out mercenaries on the fly in their grand release. This was probably my favorite thing about this expansion. What they did not mention (and only revealed much later) was that to do this would cost station cash.
When they made the announcement at SOE live that you could have multiple mercs in the bag, they said it would cost station cash. The announcement and the cost were made at the exact same time....

I'm all for SOE bashing, but no need to reach. They couldn't of made it cheaper without making it free. It's a buck per merc.

Tananthalas

<Gold Donor>
If they said it at the exact same time then I am in the wrong and I apologize. I didn't see it anywhere until I read on the SoE forums about it. Going to go double check.

EDIT: Yeah, no they did not say it would cost SC on any announcements on the big release (August 2nd). The copy of the official announcement is below.

http://eq2wire.com/2013/08/02/everqu...ore-announced/

The announcement video is below as well. Mercenaries are mentioned right around the 19:00 minute mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HygTrk50mnU

Unless you have something showing they said it would cost SC on or right after August 2nd my complaint stands.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I pissed around with the Channeler during the beta and just started another now that the expansion is open. It's a pretty fun class. One of the best things for me was they have a lot fewer abilities than most of the older EQ2 classes. Their pet mechanic is similar to the beastlord where you rely heavily on the special pet bar. They don't really start coming into their own until the 20's though so it can take a while to get a good feel for what they can do.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
So I made an 85 Necro with the free AAA. Is there a cheatsheet that can get me playing and macro everything into one or two buttons for me? I haven't seriously played EQ2 since 2005, so no clue what I'm doing.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Any news/insights about the new expansion that launched yesterday? Not sure if want after the last one

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Vinyard are you that guy that called everyone a virgin in AB general chat for 10 years

Lornah_sl

shitlord
As far as mmo's I only play EQ2 right now although I plan to give EQ Next a shot at some point. I liked decorating a lot and stuff in EQ2 and untill my buddy quit I used to play EQ2 with him all the time when leveling and stuff but since he quit I haven't really had anyone to hang out with much on my server. It has been kind of lonely. Anyways Anyone else been playing on AB?

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
yo im on AB. It's a shame that the new expansion zones are laggy as fuck. Servers must not be used to having over 50 people online at a time.

Lornah_sl

shitlord
not given new expasion a shot yet not had the money or inclination to mess with it yet and I bet there are like a million people playing channelers so far lol