Everquest II

Plaid_sl

shitlord
Did the heroic creation 280 AA "deal." Playing a bard. Goldpony.AB. Will be on this evening if anyone wants to die repeatedly with me.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Desperate to find a passable mmo.... I took the plunge with EQ2. I have a 84 necro and 91 defiler on Freeport, anyone play on that server?

Is Defiler A desired healer in raids and group dungeons? I am mostly looking for a good experience with those two elements.

Nice to see ya'll again I was AFK from Fohguild.org when the drama went down and had not really did more then lurk every now and then since 07. But this site is even better and without all the trolls and insane BS level.

Edit: And. my name is fucked up with caps... any way to change that?

Sinnes_sl

shitlord
Hey, resubbed yesterday and started on Freeport. Inquisitor, around level 10 but will advance fast. My high level chars are on AB, but wanted to see some new guilds and stuff so went for FP.

Do you still play? My nick is Rathyna.

Desperate to find a passable mmo.... I took the plunge with EQ2. I have a 84 necro and 91 defiler on Freeport, anyone play on that server?

Is Defiler A desired healer in raids and group dungeons? I am mostly looking for a good experience with those two elements.

Nice to see ya'll again I was AFK from Fohguild.org when the drama went down and had not really did more then lurk every now and then since 07. But this site is even better and without all the trolls and insane BS level.

Edit: And. my name is fucked up with caps... any way to change that?

Primalchrome_sl

shitlord
After watching videos about EQL and knowing they have beta keys coming, both of my boys downloaded EQII from Steam and started playing this week. I was surprised at the amount of LFG and global chat traffic. Looks like there is still a fair playerbase.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
After watching videos about EQL and knowing they have beta keys coming, both of my boys downloaded EQII from Steam and started playing this week. I was surprised at the amount of LFG and global chat traffic. Looks like there is still a fair playerbase.
EQII has several bright spots. At one time, I would have considered it the best MMO available. I'm sure I would be in the minority but after WoW:TBC, I thought EQII really had a lot to offer. I'm sure some of that is still there but honestly, after Hartsman left, it went down hill fast. Though I think the latest expansion looks pretty decent.

Primalchrome_sl

shitlord
EQ2 was quite decent, it just had the grave misfortune of coming out around the same time as WoW.
To be fair, they had a pretty rocky launch. And the whole chaining abilities within your group was a pain in the ass. There's a reason why WoW beat the pants off EQII....originally it was the better game. Post WotLK there is an argument that EQII might have been the better overall game.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
If they redid all of the class abilities to be more in line with the beastlord's abilities, then maybe... MAYBE I'd say it had a [subjective] chance of being within spitting distance of WoW in terms of gameplay. Until then, not a chance.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
To be fair, they had a pretty rocky launch. And the whole chaining abilities within your group was a pain in the ass. There's a reason why WoW beat the pants off EQII....originally it was the better game. Post WotLK there is an argument that EQII might have been the better overall game.
The hell it was.
the only thing I even remember from my many months of playing this while waiting for WoW was that all NPCs always turned their heads towards you, like in some shitty horror movie.
and they talked, the same fucking sentence every time you walked by. Ugh!

HAMsmith_sl

shitlord
Gave this a shot again after a 6ish year hiatus and it ran like poop. Specifically there was a hang-up stutter every few seconds. Is that something related to the background/incremental download that goes away after time or is it possibly a setting I can change?

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
How is the game now... I've some how stayed away from it after reaching my limit with the expansions of this game. I know it had a rocky launch but I really enjoyed it for several years. Especially the PvP and a short stint on AB of raiding. The last two expansion were awful. The new expansion looks decent. PvP servers have anything activity now? AB still alive? I get the itch every now and again but between LoL and potentially going back to D3 I was hoping the itch would just go away. I'm not so sure about ESO quite yet either.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
How is the game now... I've some how stayed away from it after reaching my limit with the expansions of this game. I know it had a rocky launch but I really enjoyed it for several years. Especially the PvP and a short stint on AB of raiding. The last two expansion were awful. The new expansion looks decent. PvP servers have anything activity now? AB still alive? I get the itch every now and again but between LoL and potentially going back to D3 I was hoping the itch would just go away. I'm not so sure about ESO quite yet either.
Downloaded the other night. Rolled a Half Elf Necro and was forced to start in Neriak.

I got to level 10 before I wanted to peel my facial skin off.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I really enjoyed playing it when Echoes of Faydwer and Rise of Kunark came out. They were both throwback expansions that I thought were done really well. The nods towards classic EQ fans was enough to keep me subbed for most of those two years. I went back for a cursory look at the expansion content a couple times (Beastlords were a breath of fresh air in terms of gameplay - they have pretty minimal buttons to mash, or did when they were released), but it's all the same shit.

When I checked out Age of Destiny, I couldn't even get past the first three quests of the Velious xpac (my favorite eq1 xpac). The second quest was an uninspired and frustrating breadcrumb quest with terrible lolore. They aren't even trying any more; they're just pumping out an obligatory once-per-year update because there's enough people to justify it, I guess, but it's very obvious they lost their passion (or talent?) quite a while ago.

EverQuest II ? Double XP from Friday, May 2, 12:00 noon PDT to Sunday, May 4th, 11:59pm PDT

Its FYI Double exp in all SOE games EQ, Planetside 2, Dragons Prophet.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I would love for this game to be something I could kick around in as I have always loved it but, after Scott left it went down hill (not saying he was the reason for any good or bad but just seems to fit the timeline).

The game just feels so far gone that I can't even imaging loading it up. However, it is some appetizing when you think about the All Access Pass now.