Everquest Legends

hory

Silver Baronet of the Realm
2,660
6,676
Anyone who is still logging in at this point is just as deranged as secrets. This shit was stale after 2 weeks.
 

Mrniceguy

Blackwing Lair Raider
1,401
-186
dance.gif
 
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 user

Runnen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
2,491
6,091
I've been having an itch for an old MMO lately and I've had my eye on this but I am going to wait until (hopefully) they have more expansions available, I played until early Omens of War but I pretty much disliked everything after Planes of Power so I'd be fine if they at least get to Planes of Power - I guess Lost Dungeons of Norrath was okay but it didn't feel epic after Planes of Power ("Hey you'll never believe it, we found a THIRD Guk dungeon even deeper down than Lower Guk!")

For now I'm just replaying City of Heroes, which has the added benefit of being completely free, this EQ Legends thing requiring its own sub is a poor decision.
 

Nulolan

Lord Nagafen Raider
326
180
I've been having an itch for an old MMO lately and I've had my eye on this but I am going to wait until (hopefully) they have more expansions available, I played until early Omens of War but I pretty much disliked everything after Planes of Power so I'd be fine if they at least get to Planes of Power - I guess Lost Dungeons of Norrath was okay but it didn't feel epic after Planes of Power ("Hey you'll never believe it, we found a THIRD Guk dungeon even deeper down than Lower Guk!")

For now I'm just replaying City of Heroes, which has the added benefit of being completely free, this EQ Legends thing requiring its own sub is a poor decision.

You can try Triune, it is up to LDoN and has the tri class thing that legends ripped off. Janx made a thread for it if you haven't seen it here
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

skylan

Trakanon Raider
228
239
I've been having an itch for an old MMO lately and I've had my eye on this but I am going to wait until (hopefully) they have more expansions available, I played until early Omens of War but I pretty much disliked everything after Planes of Power so I'd be fine if they at least get to Planes of Power - I guess Lost Dungeons of Norrath was okay but it didn't feel epic after Planes of Power ("Hey you'll never believe it, we found a THIRD Guk dungeon even deeper down than Lower Guk!")

For now I'm just replaying City of Heroes, which has the added benefit of being completely free, this EQ Legends thing requiring its own sub is a poor decision.
Seconded the recommendation for Triune it's a great server and you can play at your own speed.. and it's completely free.
 
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
9,680
34,011
Ya I moved to Triune and it's pretty good. I still like the systems that EQL has a little bit more (motes/dungeon crawls) but at least Triune has enough content for this Dad gamer to chew on for quite some time. Hell, I'm just now getting Kunark unlocked after about two weeks of play.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Muligan

Blackwing Lair Raider
3,368
1,040
Anyone who is still logging in at this point is just as deranged as secrets. This shit was stale after 2 weeks.

Stale after two weeks... you're not wrong but it's still EQ with classic zones and a twist. I wish the price point was cheaper based on the product we have received (receiving) but it's fun to kick around in and experiment at a moderate pace. I've already shared my opinions on what I felt they "should" have done but it is what it is and I think that they'll still have a solid turnout for Kunark once its released.

One small caveat, I'm assuming they're not going to screw up Kunark. I am hopeful they do not overthink their original content and approach to this alternate timeline approach. I think they need to be careful just about how selfishly and/or arrogantly they consider their own ideas. Then again, if we don't like it, we certainly don't have to play it but I would consider them people who love and respect the franchise and that's just some friendly advice. They have the potential to do well with this if they'll just stop and think how to implement their own ideas while keeping the playerbase fulfilled.
 

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
51,394
94,201
One small caveat, I'm assuming they're not going to screw up Kunark. I am hopeful they do not overthink their original content and approach to this alternate timeline approach. I think they need to be careful just about how selfishly and/or arrogantly they consider their own ideas.
I'm not a hater but right now I'm assuming the opposite.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user