Everquest - Live Servers

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Real life will no longer be "anonymous" until you interact with the other individual. You will be able to read all about that hot chick that passed by, and maybe even catch some bikini pics in the process

The internet is the beginning of the end of privacy. No question in my mind. As we all start to connect with greater efficiency privacy will become less and less relevant. Couple this with something like neuralink which is trying to increase brain to computer bandwidth and you can see the future taking shape.

Shit has nothing to do with wood elf bitches and pixel hoards though.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah tyen tyen but what the fuck does that have to do with anything in the EQ live server thread. You are the most non-sequitur human on the planet.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
Yeah tyen tyen but what the fuck does that have to do with anything in the EQ live server thread. You are the most non-sequitur human on the planet.

Ask Ravishing, he brought it up. Some information you like to glean over in order to fit your agenda of being mad at Tyen.

"Facial Recognition and Voxels are the Jar Jar Binks of gaming"

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Ask Ravishing, he brought it up. Some information you like to glean over in order to fit your agenda of being mad at Tyen.

"Facial Recognition and Voxels are the Jar Jar Binks of gaming"

yeah but he mentioned it in the context of EQ. you took that comment and proceeded to use it an excuse to derail the thread with completely off-topic discussion. it's something you do pretty consistently, there's a reason you got called out and not him, and it's not just because of your notoriety.

tyen

<Banned>
yeah but he mentioned it in the context of EQ. you took that comment and proceeded to use it an excuse to derail the thread with completely off-topic discussion. it's something you do pretty consistently, there's a reason you got called out and not him, and it's not just because of your notoriety.

Trying to fit your argument into an agenda.

EQ is going to be a pokemongo game here in the next 2yrs. So suck on that.

tyen

<Banned>
huh? i like you more than most people on this forum do, i think you're funny, but you derail shit a lot man. just saying.

derails are subjective. Everyone derails.

tranny dicks in fsr for how many years??

Crying about it just shows you are a gigantic pussy and cant handle an evolving discussion

• 1Picard

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
derails are subjective. Everyone derails.

tranny dicks in fsr for how many years??

Crying about it just shows you are a gigantic pussy and cant handle an evolving discussion
Nah man I'm calling you out on it because with most people it's an occasional thing, but with you it's an occurrence so common that it's become a forum meme basically.

Daelos

Guarding the guardians
So. I'm boxing my way up the levels on Firiona Vie, and finally hit 65.
This is the level I quit at more than a decade ago, and now I'm at a loss about where to go. I have three boxes with mercs.
Looking for fun/loot/nameds more than xp.

Any suggestions? Any items I should buy, or should I just stick with defiant for more levels?

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I'm with ya. Me and 3 RL friends have been playing FV and I think we have bout 3 classes each to 60-65 and really not sure what to do. Almar's has a leveling guide and a decent gear guide but there's a decent sized gap of info 60-80+.

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I leveled up an alt not too long ago and used the following zones to level. All of these are hot zones:

60 - Veksar (Kunark)
65 - Bastion of Thunder (PoP)
70 - Arcstone (PoR)
75 - Jewel of Atikki (TBS)
80 - Fortress Mechanotus (SoF)
85 - Gyrospire Zeka (SoF)

Admittedly, 70-75 felt kinda slow since Arcstone sucks but it picked up again in JoA.

Once you hit 85, I suggest heading to Feerott in HoT. Do the merc upgrade quest if not already done so in the SoD expansion to get your J5 merc (min level to get the quest is 85). Then just work on progression. For what it's worth, I really enjoyed this expansion.

At 90, move to Argath in VoA and do progression. This expansion was ok, IMO, but nothing special. At 95, move to Shard's Landing in Rain of Fear and do the same thing. This was one of my favorite expansions, including revamped EW, CC and Kael zones.

I skipped CoTF and TDS so I can't offer much info there but a combination of those will get you from 100 to 105. At 105, move to Lceanium in Empires of Kunark and do progression. This one is important as you need it against Karzok mobs later on in the expansion as well as in the next one, Ring of Scale (RoS), which is 106-110 and current content.

The Burning Lands (TBL) was just announced coming in December but will not be raising the level cap.

Last edited:

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Any suggestions? Any items I should buy, or should I just stick with defiant for more levels?

Defiant is fine until your 80s as long as your stay current with them. At 65, you should be in all Elaborate defiant. Once you hit 70, move to Elegant which is where defiant gear tops out at.

Once you hit 80, you are eligible to at least wear HoT gear. Farming it yourself may be a little difficult at 80 but some of the named in Feerott should be doable, which can at least get you started. HoT has 4 tiers you can work on that will carry you to 90.

VoA has a similar model going from 90-95 however, RoF gear has a min level of 92 and noticeable power increase over VoA so you may want to jump ahead at that point.

Once you hit 105, you want to focus on T1 EoK gear as much as possible (i.e., Lceanium, SW, FM, Gates of Korsha).

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
To be clear, getting to 80 is probably the biggest challenge. Prior to that, you're basically forced to venture out to multiple places across multiple expansions. Loot, mob difficulty, progression, etc is all over the place and thus, hard to follow.

It's not until you reach level 80 and start playing in House of Thule (HoT) zones that the leveling model becomes more centralized and streamlined. New levels are typically spread across 2-4 tiers of zones, with each zone having it's own kill tasks (Mercenary) and quest progression (Partisan). Each zone has a large number of named mobs to kill, both for loot as well as for Hunter achievements which are great since the rewards for them are often oversized bags. By the time you reach EoK, these bags are 30-40 slots in nature.

kemuel

Lord Nagafen Raider
If I am looking to just dick around on EQ for a couple weeks would it be better to level on live servers or play 1 of the project servers? Haven't played EQ in many years

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
If I am looking to just dick around on EQ for a couple weeks would it be better to level on live servers or play 1 of the project servers? Haven't played EQ in many years

Just play EQLive Test server. Get all the benefits of a full subscription for free, access to mercenaries so you can just molo through whatever zone you want to see to scratch your nostalgia itch.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Which server is good for a new player to start on these days. Never really put any time into EQ back in the day. Played EQOA mostly.

• 1WTF
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Relax. Just looking to kill some time. Either this or FFXIV again. Bored and mmo homeless.

Jesus Christ fellas help this guy out.

Flip roll up on Corinav or Agnarr.

Sterling Sterling Korrupt Korrupt rad rad sukik sukik and I will hook you up.

Corinav best bet it will eventually be live but you can enjoy the old days with Luclin coming out soon. It’s a TLP and lots of fun.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Agnarr is a prison server. It's literally stuck in a pretty shitty era of TLP EQ. Cornaiv is the most current TLP and is in Velious soon to be Luclin. Phinigel is on SoF which is pretty great, but you'd be pretty far behind to start or you could hit a live server. Haven't played on Live in years so don't really have any idea on what's going on with this really.

• 1Like