Everquest - Live Servers

Eonan

Doer of Things
Have the group up to 109 minus the Berserker who I have locked at 106 to farm AA's (I had locked the others here while leveling the Berserker from 85 to 100).

I've been trying to do the Anniversary quest for the aug and have timed out (6 hours) each time. Even with a full set of crafted gear anything more than single pulls results in a dead Paladin and me spamming Exodus on the Wiz. I've enjoyed the challenge of the mobs, and splitting the Ballroom (which isn't actually too bad after I learned some tricks with the Bard), going to give it another go tonight but may have to wait for them to nerf it in the April patch...really don't want to "let it win" though.

My setup is Pal/Wiz/Bard/Bers/Beast/Cleric. I may consider moving my 105 Rogue over to the Wizard account and going full melee if/when they re-open account xfers, but must say I love the utility of the Wiz for travel and "gtfo" moments.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
I have never used either program and have always just had a laptop beside my main PC (2 monitors, 2 keyboards, even 2 mice) and used in game created hotkeys for my boxed necro to sic a pet and cast 4 dots with my main being a shaman. Can the program connect to the game running my box on the laptop or do both programs require eq to be running on the same pc? (aka is it UNC path capable I guess is what I am asking)

It would really be nice to be able to send commands to the necro from my main PC making it a lot easier. (would be a helluva lot of buttons though even using a few macros) due to those 2 classes having so many utility options.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I have never used either program and have always just had a laptop beside my main PC (2 monitors, 2 keyboards, even 2 mice) and used in game created hotkeys for my boxed necro to sic a pet and cast 4 dots with my main being a shaman. Can the program connect to the game running my box on the laptop or do both programs require eq to be running on the same pc? (aka is it UNC path capable I guess is what I am asking)

It would really be nice to be able to send commands to the necro from my main PC making it a lot easier. (would be a helluva lot of buttons though even using a few macros) due to those 2 classes having so many utility options.

from my understanding, they do not need to be on the same machine. usually these things work by broadcasting commands to the other clients via the in game chat functions.

Eonan

Doer of Things
Any suggestions on where to farm decent tank Type 7 augs? Is my best bet going back to EoK and TBS to run missions?

Also...fuck the Cactii mission...

I find it hard to justify why the entry level group mission should require a T2 geared tank to complete. The amount of incoming damage in that encounter is just insane.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
That’s because it was a pushover at launch and the first month or so after release - you could burn it in less than a minute. Then people realized they could exploit it for the loot without getting a reset timer and DBG overreacted with their fix.

nectar

I’m playing on a character from 2005 and looking for a good afk leveling spot. Any suggestions? Level 51 necro just at the entrance to Velks seems to be safe and decent xp for now but would like something better

Mwapo

I’m playing on a character from 2005 and looking for a good afk leveling spot. Any suggestions? Level 51 necro just at the entrance to Velks seems to be safe and decent xp for now but would like something better

I like following TSS progression 1-70 or so.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

Veksar has a bunch of undead to exploit.

Jais

Trakanon Raider
Bottom of the Hole has some fast re spawn mobs by the door that I used to afk camp years ago with mercs and pets. Cant really recall the levels.

nectar

How much plat is a Krono worth on FV? Some friends and I wanna start new characters and just mess around

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
It's getting time for me to start my conference season for work so going to be traveling off and on for the next 4-5 months so was considering playing a bit of free EQ. :) Can you have any old content fun solo/molo? Any suggestions for a good solo/molo class.

Prefer not to play a cleric or enchanter. Sort of burned out on those classes. Will I be forced to go to the new zones for anything? Any other info for anyone that hasn't play on a live server in probably 5+ expansions. lol