Everquest - Live Servers

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Are you fucking new here?

While I admit that FoH is filled with bitching, I was actually referring mostly to the EQLive boards and people talking ingame about it. Just nonstop crap about there only being six zones, when I'm like "dude, Necropolis remake gonna be sick"

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
There's a fair chance it will not be great given all the turnover and work disruptions. I mean, they're already scraping by on minimum content.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
There's a fair chance it will not be great given all the turnover and work disruptions. I mean, they're already scraping by on minimum content.
Yeah I've stopped whining on the official forums about it. It's just kicking a dead horse.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Not sure why people are complaining so much based off of so little info. Yes it's only six zones, but so were the last however many expansions. For this one, from what we can see, they're doing a modern remake of the most awesome-at-the-time portion of EQ's original history: Sleeper's, Skyshrine, Temple of Veeshan, Necropolis. Badass new dragons like a two-headed Zlandicar-type. Yet all I've seen has been bitching and moaning.

I agree, just wish it was in a form I could enjoy. I can't play old EQ, just too antiquated for me at this point.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
So...who's the big bad in Claws of Veeshan? That two-headed dragon? The black knight that's with it? Kerafyrm? All of the above?

And wtf is the two-headed dragon?

Not sure if NDAs are still a thing but worth asking.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So...who's the big bad in Claws of Veeshan? That two-headed dragon? The black knight that's with it? Kerafyrm? All of the above?

And wtf is the two-headed dragon?

Not sure if NDAs are still a thing but worth asking.

Maybe Veeshan? Or whoever is behind the fusing of two dragons.

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
I appreciate that massively brought up the whole Columbus Nova thing again. There's a folder somewhere on my hard drive with a bunch of the CN/Daybreak conspiracy shit that I made back then when I was doing my Always Sunny Charlie impression.

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The story of this company could create quite the rollercoaster documentary when its all done and shop is closed.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I appreciate that massively brought up the whole Columbus Nova thing again. There's a folder somewhere on my hard drive with a bunch of the CN/Daybreak conspiracy shit that I made back then when I was doing my Always Sunny Charlie impression.
post it

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
daybreaksale.png
columbusnova.png
daybreaklol.png
lmaodaybreak.png
privacy.png

• 1Mother of God

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So.... what does this mean for Darkpaw Games exactly?
Who knows. I'd be curious to know how they've run their other franchises.

The biggest alert of whether they want to just use it as a cash cow until selling it off again is if they put out job postings and advertise. A game like EQ can't be effectively maintained with the crew they have, but it can be profitably maintained. Trying to turn it around by hiring 5-10 developers and an increase in advertising for the next expansion / TLP would be a great sign.

I've always expected EQ to be bought for pennies by some rich dude who loves EQ.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users