D7R-Ja2WsAcdIaG.jpg

• 1Hodjing
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Case in point of exactly what I'm talking about:

Randomly found this on the ground on the way to City of Mist.

RGERGE.jpg

Even in very oldschool zones I just constantly see new shit that I have 0 clue what it's for. Can't attack it, can't /open it... why dirt is scowling at me is business I don't care to learn about! There are seemingly thousands of things like this in the game. One time I was fighting gnomes in SolA and one turned into a purple version of it and its name changed to Mold Rot or something. Just weird. So much has happened in the 14 years or so since I tried to mess around on live.

"Well just make new friends Vanessa, you'll get caught up"

Everyone is lvl 115. I remember GoD/PoP when 65 was the cap. Me befriending someone is like a lvl 30 trying to "hang" with me back then. I'd just give them 500pp to leave me alone. Simply seems so far removed to get into live again; I think the absolute best bet is wait until there's one more TLP and take it as far and as serious as I can with Zaide's crew or whomever from here is teaming up.

But damn... I still wanted to solo some stuff a few tiers above what I can now! The dream would be to solo content through PoTime. I'm fully aware that I could just take the time to level from 81 on my main, get to 115 and get some baz gear to achieve this but I'm both lazy AND I like the challenge of soloing as low as level as possible, and lvl 115 is gimping it... from what I understand, the power-level via gear and spells is HUGE. A lvl 80 with 80 spells and gear soloing Time, all of Luclin, etc is what makes the idea of simply grinding to max level undesirable.

I just don't know what to do with EQ anymore is what it boils down to :(

• 1Hodjing
Reactions: 1 user

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Everquest is my all time favorite video game. From 1999 till 2004, I played almost every single day, and a lot of those days were 12 hours or more straight. It consumed my life, and I enjoyed almost every second of it. But I wouldn't go back and play it again if you paid me. Mostly because, like you, I would feel like a fish out of water and wouldn't even know where to start, partly because I think a lot of the things that made it cool at the time haven't aged well, but also because sometimes things that you fondly remember need to just remain what they are: a memory.

• 3Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 5 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
EQ is a different game in 2021, but tbh i think I'm having more fun with live EQ now than i ever did before. Real time squad based real time games exist, but boxing in live EQ is a unique gameplay experience.

• 1Weird Boner

Maul

Dental Dammer
EQ is a different game in 2021, but tbh i think I'm having more fun with live EQ now than i ever did before. Real time squad based real time games exist, but boxing in live EQ is a unique gameplay experience.
You using MQ to box?

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
erudites.jpg

This is probably very old news to you live players but as a returning player...

...lmao! Very well played EQ!

• 1Hodjing

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
I've completed almost every epic 1.0 there is. (I think just BST & WIZ missing... I'll never do them, they're not classes imo... they're leeches)

Just got Innoruuk's Curse done and my hats off to you true SK's out there. One of the hardest epics there is... coming from someone who has done almost all of them at one point or another. Respect :emoji_v:

• 1Hodjing

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I've completed almost every epic 1.0 there is. (I think just BST & WIZ missing... I'll never do them, they're not classes imo... they're leeches)

Just got Innoruuk's Curse done and my hats off to you true SK's out there. One of the hardest epics there is... coming from someone who has done almost all of them at one point or another. Respect :emoji_v:
I'm fixing to do the entire chain of ghoulbane to epic 2.0 on my new paladin, looks like a huge list but i enjoy doing the epic quests.

• 1Like

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
I'm fixing to do the entire chain of ghoulbane to epic 2.0 on my new paladin, looks like a huge list but i enjoy doing the epic quests.
What's a 2021 capable group to kill OMM look like these days? 2 level 115's I assume?

• 1Hodjing

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
What's a 2021 capable group to kill OMM look like these days? 2 level 115's I assume?
I would assume it could be soloed lower than that. Like 85 or 90 (assuming in era raid gear). I'm sure any 115 could solo it.

Last edited:

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
I would assume it could be soloed lower than that. Like 85 or 90 (assuming in era raid gear). I'm sure any 115 could solo it.
IIRC (been like a decade, damn) for the 2.0 Globe you only have to clear like the 3rd event in there, not OMM himself.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Any opinions on Terror of Luclin yet? I'm guessing it's well into beta and near release, or at least I'd hope so.

I had little interest in a Luclin reimagining, but it looks pretty good. I'm curious as to whether it'll be a single expansion or a two-parter like the Kunark and Velious relaunches. I assume the latter. The lore mentions Mayong Mistmoore being on Luclin, but it also seems to indicate that Aten is the expansion villain. Also there's a focus on Akheva. I'm gonna assume that Aten, VT, and the Akheva are the main focus of this expansion while Mayong, Ssra Temple, and the Shissar will be in the second half. There's also Luclin herself but I'm not sure if she'll even be a villain here or not.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
If they were smart, they'd focus 90% of the devtime on new anime style catgirls

• 1Barf
  • 1Worf

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Any opinions on Terror of Luclin yet? I'm guessing it's well into beta and near release, or at least I'd hope so.

I had little interest in a Luclin reimagining, but it looks pretty good. I'm curious as to whether it'll be a single expansion or a two-parter like the Kunark and Velious relaunches. I assume the latter. The lore mentions Mayong Mistmoore being on Luclin, but it also seems to indicate that Aten is the expansion villain. Also there's a focus on Akheva. I'm gonna assume that Aten, VT, and the Akheva are the main focus of this expansion while Mayong, Ssra Temple, and the Shissar will be in the second half. There's also Luclin herself but I'm not sure if she'll even be a villain here or not.
Reports from beta are that it's pretty good. I just wish they'd ditch Mayong as a villain. Dude never fuckin' goes away. I don't understand why they don't use Innoruuk more. Anything related to him is always his daughter instead.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Mayong was used a lot and a lot of TLPers are over him since he is focused on a lot in the middle eras there, but in live, it's been like a decade since he's been seen I think.

• 2Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
64-bit client update coming? EverQuest will be the WoW-killer

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
TBH I'd really like to see more with the Muramites/Discord. There's stuff in the lore about Discord having four spearheads. We met Mata and Brekt, so depending on whether Tunat counts as a spearhead or not, there are one or two left. Tunat was a general of Mata, and was originally supposed to be part of the same expansion, which is why I'm not sure.

If the remaking trend continues, then after Luclin is done we'll get something with PoP. Burning Lands is already half of a PoP 2.0 so they just need to do one expansion for the other half. Then maybe a LDoN 2.0, then Discord? I dunno if anyone is clamoring for a GoD/OoW remake (not as much nostalgia for them plus they're good the way they are) so it'd be cool to get an actual new Discord expansion at that point. Something otherworldly like Argus from the Legion expansion in WoW.