Everquest - Live Servers

I don't have the pain tolerance to handle Everquest anymore.

Playing on P99 with corrupt administrators, & lots of general douchebaggery convinced me of that. I thought P99 was a unique case.

Then I remembered that EQ in general was always plagued with corrupt GMs & general douchebaggery.

Play on The Hidden Forest or EQ Titan or something. They have really good GM's, no corruption, nice playerbase in general, and the tedium is mostly gone because there is a lot of simplification available, especially with the modern Underfoot client. Some servers have buff bots, mercs, even macroquest. It can be EQ but how you want it. Also Al'Kabor is a good option for original hardcore classic EQ, but you can 3 box which makes life easy.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Come check out Nagafens's Lair Reborn.

Nagafen's lair(Reborn)

1. Progression based duo server up to PoK.
2. Quality of life additions. (Translocators/Buffers but not free rides)
3. Custom flagging/Storyline quests.
4. Fun for the whole family!
5. Enemies are 35% weaker in Classic, 25% weaker in Kunark, 15% weaker in Velious, 10% weaker in Luclin and 5% weaker in PoP.
6. Fableds have a chance to spawn on any monster that has a fabled counterpart.
7. All placeholders have been removed to allow the named a 100% spawn.
8. Items have been beefed by 35% to allow the solo capability to proceed.
9. 2 box maximum to prevent one person powerhousing everything.
10. Quick turnaround on fixes/content implementation.

MQ is OK bu not Active Hacks, no automated Macros. You can just use it for maps, and very simple BCA commands like telling you box to follow you. (No warp, no speed hack, no scast bullshit).
Easy to solo or duo to max level, Naggy, Vox, Phinny, CT, Inny all take like 2-3 people to kill.
Custom Planar, Kunark, Luclin and Velious access quests.

Home | Nagafens-lair-reborn

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
We've finally come full circle and have United eq nostalgia threads, oculus threads, and tyen in one forum. Time to put eq browser on hold we need eq VR and we need it now. I would play the shit outta that

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I've been thinking about hooking up my second (smaller) monitor and loading EQ and playing it while doing other stuff.

Thing is my EQ experience is limited - I played some p99 and a little live back in the day but nothing worthwhile. What is the best free option for me to really get into this?

Evernothing

I've been thinking about hooking up my second (smaller) monitor and loading EQ and playing it while doing other stuff.

Thing is my EQ experience is limited - I played some p99 and a little live back in the day but nothing worthwhile. What is the best free option for me to really get into this?

See my post above yours about Nagafens Lair.

Louis

Trakanon Raider

Nagafen's lair(Reborn)

1. Progression based duo server up to PoK.
2. Quality of life additions. (Translocators/Buffers but not free rides)
3. Custom flagging/Storyline quests.
4. Fun for the whole family!
5. Enemies are 35% weaker in Classic, 25% weaker in Kunark, 15% weaker in Velious, 10% weaker in Luclin and 5% weaker in PoP.
6. Fableds have a chance to spawn on any monster that has a fabled counterpart.
8. Items have been beefed by 35% to allow the solo capability to proceed.
9. 2 box maximum to prevent one person powerhousing everything.
10. Quick turnaround on fixes/content implementation.

MQ is OK by not Active Hacks, no automated Macros. You can just use it for maps, and very simple BCA commands like telling you box to follow you.
Easy to solo or duo to max level, Naggy, Vox, Phinny, CT, Inny all take like 2-3 people to kill.
Custom Planar, Kunark, Luclin and Velious access quests.

Home | Nagafens-lair-reborn

Damn that actually sounds interesting.

Evernothing

It's fun.

I started a Cleric / Monk combo Thursday July 28th. I was able to get up to lvl 58 by last night (Aug 4th). Monk has epic, VP keyed.

Manastone is in.

Guise of the Deceiver (all class DE illusion) is in.

Jboots drop from Drelzna in Najena.

Sloshed

Lord Nagafen Raider
As has been said several times over, for me it was the unknown, the fear, the adrenaline, the loss of sleep just hoping for that one rare drop when you are up way to late on a pof raid.

Nothing like some jackleg calling your house and disconnecting your modem and the oh shit I think I'm linkdead while you are fighting. The not knowing whether you were alive or dead until you could log back in.

The first time I ran to Thurgadin and at the entrance there was Thott from Afterlife. I was in awe and just stared at all the gear I wish I could obtain but knowing I would never have it.

The late night tells to friends who would come from wherever and whatever they were doing to help with a corpse retrieval because they knew the helplessness you felt.

The oh shit what do I do now moments like when I attacked that blue con wisp with my non magical weapon and not able to hit it.

The pure sense of accomplishment you and your guildmates felt as you were finally able to down that raid target you have worked so hard to kill.

It was just a magical time and nothing will ever be able to recapture that, but I wouldn't change a thing about the experience.

I still have friends I communicate with in real life that I met through that game and we will be life long friends because of it.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
As much as I hate to say it the fuck ups that slipped into the game. Patch days were great on two ocassions for me. Once they allowed you to forage anything that dropped in zone. I foraged a lamentation in Seb.

Another patch made it where archery had no delay at all and you could hit shit from outside the aggro range forever, it would just sit there until it died. I did Sont solo when he was highly contested. About 10 minutes after I finished the servers came down and it was patched again, but no reset. That was fun.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
It's fun.

I started a Cleric / Monk combo Thursday July 28th. I was able to get up to lvl 58 by last night (Aug 4th). Monk has epic, VP keyed.

Manastone is in.

Guise of the Deceiver (all class DE illusion) is in.

Jboots drop from Drelzna in Najena.

Didn't even hit me up about a new server? Dark days bro!

Agraza

Registered Hutt

Nagafen's lair(Reborn)

Best part. Fuck slot machine spawning stacked with slot machine drops.

Is /melody in? I love bards, but fuck twisting. Did that on the last EQ server. Never again.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
In general I dislike accelerated progression and boxing of any kind for exactly that reason. I actually feel like the PH change is better for the health of the community as it allows people to get what they need and rotate from a given camp more quickly, and can get relevant loot to their level without bypassing that range very quickly, but XP/difficulty changes erode the impact of the second benefit.

How about faction adjustments? Are they accelerated?

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I always enjoyed weirdass bugs that you discovered by accident. Two come to mind, circa 2001-2002 maybe.

After one patch, for a day or two you could cast shaman epic on players. I tried not to kill anyone with it, and it's a pretty weak DOT, but it was fun freaking out people in the EC tunnel.

The other that comes to mind was for a while you could cast dispel on most if not all mobs in PoK (like the roaming guards) and they'd attack anyone near them. They were like level 65 so they hit pretty hard. After 5-10 seconds of fucking up someone they'd revert back to walking their path. As I recall you couldn't actually hit them back, you just had to run. I remember cracking up at shit like that.

I'm sure I know others but I haven't played since 2003 so I've long since forgotten them.

Evernothing

Didn't even hit me up about a new server? Dark days bro!

Citidal got me on it last week. Get on cuz. I got lots on monk twink gear stacking up in the bank!

Best part. Fuck slot machine spawning stacked with slot machine drops.

Is /melody in? I love bards, but fuck twisting. Did that on the last EQ server. Never again.

Yes, RoF2 or Underfoot client recomended.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I always enjoyed weirdass bugs that you discovered by accident. Two come to mind, circa 2001-2002 maybe.

After one patch, for a day or two you could cast shaman epic on players. I tried not to kill anyone with it, and it's a pretty weak DOT, but it was fun freaking out people in the EC tunnel.

The other that comes to mind was for a while you could cast dispel on most if not all mobs in PoK (like the roaming guards) and they'd attack anyone near them. They were like level 65 so they hit pretty hard. After 5-10 seconds of fucking up someone they'd revert back to walking their path. As I recall you couldn't actually hit them back, you just had to run. I remember cracking up at shit like that.

I'm sure I know others but I haven't played since 2003 so I've long since forgotten them.

Probably like two years ago now we discovered that when someone got feared by a mob (like entire raids from Nagafen/Vox) the game treated them as NPC's. A few of us would take our wizards and just hang out while our competition attempted dragons, whenever it would fear we'd start AEing everyone. If the tank ever got feared successfully we'd root/nuke him down asap. Was always hilarious.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Probably like two years ago now we discovered that when someone got feared by a mob (like entire raids from Nagafen/Vox) the game treated them as NPC's. A few of us would take our wizards and just hang out while our competition attempted dragons, whenever it would fear we'd start AEing everyone. If the tank ever got feared successfully we'd root/nuke him down asap. Was always hilarious.

Wow, that still functioned like that in recent history?

I'm almost certain that existed back when I played. I remembered not wanting to duel necromancers in EC because sometimes people would pile on while you were feared and kill you with DoTs which would cause you to die with lost XP.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I did a lifeburn on one of our applicant wizards that got charmed fighting in ssra temple. I feel bad about it now.