Everquest - Live Servers

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Holy shit, I don't remember you at all from Enlightened Dark! But yeah, Volx and others were quite happy with the 3 robes.

EDIT: Magister, no wonder. But you're in a group with 3 ED members at least.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
i was on emarr. da`kor /magister
That's even creepier. We had the exact drop as you, and I remember at least 5 names from in your pictures as players on Tarew Marr.

Neuro and Safron were wizards.
Hothgar and Ailya were shaman.
Dracon was a cleric.

Strange.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
That's even creepier. We had the exact drop as you, and I remember at least 5 names from in your pictures as players on Tarew Marr.

Neuro and Safron were wizards.
Hothgar and Ailya were shaman.
Dracon was a cleric.

Strange.
that is weird as fuck. Neuro was an ogre Warrior(funny story about him, i never knew he was an ogre until i was guilded with him and i knew him about a year in game before i was an official probie, he had a GotD DE illusion on all the time, even funnier, many people thought i was a DE shaman for the same reason). no safron though.that is Sultran
Hothgar troll SK Ailya DE Enc
Dracon was a dorf paladin.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
You know what wasn't great? That freaking cleric/shaman/chanter that went LD on ever other pull and it was the same dipshit every raid.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
We had that for a bit, but we were cutting edge. Had to trim the fat, and that person didn't make the cut. Well, they would make it, but never get loot unless no one else wanted it. That worked better. Allowed us to be ruthless without being mean to our members.

We had a dwarf warrior named Lambart. We called him LDbart because he was ALWAYS LD. Even mid fight he would just drop. Pretty sure he was on dialup and parents would pick up the phone or something.
The strange thing is, that same Warrior was essential for our win on the very first AoW kill on our server. Our guild leader was a warrior. Clerics fuck up and he's out. 2 other warriors quickly ate it while trying to transition. The 4th warrior also suddenly got gibbed. But then there was LDbart! He carried us easily 80% of the fight until the AoW died. It was REALLY ugly, but suddenly the clerics got their shit together.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I was LDzombi for most of velius. I was on a 56k and in order to raid i had to shut everything off and look at my shoes. So my old pc and shit connection would last. When i got broadband and then a new pc it was like buying the game all over again. Now i could run right up to the mob and slow/debuff and still keep my group alive. I really came into my own after that.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My main was a warrior and I was living in London in 2000. One of the most advanced cities in Europe, but British Telecom would auto disconnect your dial-up modem every 2 hours!! Fucking heathens. Once I got ADSL finally, it was a completely new experience. No more LD group tank here!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users
It was special because it was a world that you lived in as a fantasy character, and not a lame little kiddie game for millennial retards like all other MMO's after 1999. Also it was shit in many ways too which SOE was too inept to fix in time to save it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It was special because it was a world that you lived in as a fantasy character, and not a lame little kiddie game for millennial retards like all other MMO's after 1999. Also it was shit in many ways too which SOE was too inept to fix in time to save it.
the thing was to never involve a guide or gm unless it was some unfixable bug. i once got stuck zoning into trak's teeth. instead of their zone in i got the docks in qeynos. since i had never been to trak's teeth i wasnt sure if that was wrong or not. i was unable to move so i had no choice but to /petition. so within a half hour i got a "greetings, guide so and so here. how can i help you?" i told them what happened and they had no fucking idea what to do. the guide told me to log out and back in. nope. the guide tried to summon me out of the zone, nope. guide couldnt even find where i was, but i was "somewhere" in trak;s teeth. i ended up logging out and asking on our server ezboard and one poster told me they had the same problem but with a different zone. they told me to delete the zone files and then repatching would give me a uncorrupted copy. so i did that and sure enough when i logged back in i was in fucking trak's teeth and it was awesome, til i got killed by a froglok. :/

What made Everquest great...

Well it sure as fuck was not the mother fucking shit ass experience rate. Ever Grind can kiss my halfling ass!

Fuck you Holly! Fuck you and your fucking experience rate on Phinigel. Stupid fucking bitch.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, I think it was -40% penalty for that class/race combo. Pretty brutal. And, once everyone figured out that it was the group that had to absorb the exp penalty and not just the individual character... well sheeeeeeeeeit. GTFO you ugly fat fuck, we will find a Halfling to tank.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Didn't halfling have a 5% XP bonus for some inexplicable reason?

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yeah, as did Warriors and Rogues. Halfling Warrior Master Lazy Race. Sneak/Hide AFK, and ~20% less exp per level. Dat Receding Hairline and Potbelly, yo.

I believe the reasoning on the Halfling EXP bonus was that nobody wanted to play the little turdburglars on beta.

Lame EQ Memory: Spent a year or two in a guild named Rivervale Defenders on Emarr, casualin it up and hanging out in halfling-land.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I didn't realize the Troll SK penalty was that brutal either. I played Human Monk pre-Kunark and a DE Cleric for the rest of my EQ career after.

I knew that SK had some kind of penalty but I never really discussed the math behind it with any of the SKs in our guild because I didn't play SK and I didn't really care. Also didn't know they stacked like that. That fucking blows. Daaaamn.

SK tanks weren't really a thing until PoP anyway.