Everquest - Live Servers

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah I like that your reputation among fellow players mattered a great deal.
grouping was so centric that you either played nice and well or didnt get to play with others at all. forget ever getting into a decent guild. when we would get guild applicants on our website, that person met sometimes harsh criticism based on shit that happened years ago. sometimes former guildies of that person mentioned old drama they pulled. our process sometimes took days just to decide if they could be allowed to come along on raids. then we get our drama queens (clerics) saying that if so and so started raiding with us they would deguild/retire/commit suicide/move to canada and that would usually sink this person's chances unless we could convince the drama queen member to give them a chance and then tell the applicant that they needed to make another email saying were very sorry they killstole the cleric's bixie way back when. i am not exaggerating any of this as some of you with a similar system can attest.

i got very lucky that when i sent in my own application that i played a class that was in need(shaman) and i played well and had already made friends with 70% of the guild since launch. but because i was a shitposter on our server message board i know several of their core members hated me like crazy. didnt care. i was there to kick ass and collect loot. the friends i already had in guild i kept, the guys who were dicks retired some months later and were replaced.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Omg why was it that there were always crazy ass female Clerics? We had one in Circle of Eternity on Veeshan named Makata. She made me want to beat my face against the wall over and over and over again, as she did just about everyone else but the leader, who I suppose she must have been cybering. Fun fact, Ravvenn was also in Circle of Eternity and we met early on because I was the top bard in the guild and I was always doing cool shit in groups and since she was an enc, we'd form AoE groups. Anyways I used to get misetells from either her or Leyor, the leader, because I chatted with both of them often, and those mt's were cybers. Then she cybered her way out of CoE and into FoH. Nobody used to believe that story. I suspect people won't have a problem believing it now. She told me all kinds of crazy shit (probably made up) about an abusive ex (that she was still with) and how she liked Brittney (Josh? Dustin? I can't remember) and yada yada yada.

I had the same deal about being a Shaman at the right time when I moved to Maelin Starpyre. Got into Crimson Tempest, which for a while was the top guild in the game. My first raid was a trial raid in PoTime and I got a Time's Anithesis because the other Shaman they had was offline. It was so insane and I was so happy haha omg, that day was great. PoTime blew my fucking mind. Took a while to learn not to go trigger happy with it and pull aggro, but after that it was honestly like being living your life with 1 arm and then one day being given a 2nd arm. That's how some items felt in EQ. They changed your class entirely. Robe of the Spring is another one of my favorites that I had thanks to a FoH druid that sold it even though they weren't technically allowed. Completely changed the way my friend's Druid played. Singing Steel Breastplate is another, gogo 6sec heal that you can cast while running because you're a Bard.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Oh yes Cleric drama. It was great being catered to hand and foot by the lesser classes as a Cleric. But my guild on Bertox (Prophecy) had a raging cunt of a bitch Cleric who had this Holier Than Thou attitude for absolutely no reason. She was someone's girlfriend as I recall and we had to shut her ass up when we were theorycrafting because she'd always interject about nothing and claim it was right. But had no knowledge of the underlying mechanics of the game... like a lot of players really.

She was more than capable of staring at a wall and following the CH rotation though. Which was good! Everyone knows the change-everything item for Cleric was the Rez Stick. Nothing else really compares in terms of class defining utility item.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A single rez stick could take your raids wipe recovery time from 45 minutes down to 20 minutes. It was a game changer for sure. It is just kind of stupid that an epic item is basically a time saver. Oh well, they made plenty of questionable choices on the epic's: Shaman, Druids, and Necro's basically got nothing of value past the in-slot stats.

The biggest mistake they made with the epics was to not have them all benefit others or the group in some way. It took a massive effort to get someone their epic and most of the time they only benefited personally. Who the fuck cares about spending 15 hours of raiding to get the Paladin his sword with a 150 dmg proc.

For instance, the Wizard right click should have had a group wide mana regen aura. The Necro one should have cast a group target-able Feign Death. The Shaman one could have given the group a temporary stat buff, like Avatar for burst damage. Druid one could have ported his entire group to the teleport pots in Timorous Deep. Rogue provide the group with a +Attack aura. Warrior provide the group with a +AC aura. Shadow Knight provide the group with a +Damage return aura. Paladin could cast a buff to allow others to melee proc the 150 dmg + stun. Monks provide the group with a +haste stacking aura. Rangers the ability to cast group Spirit of Cheetah. Mage provide the group with a +spell damage aura.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Omg why was it that there were always crazy ass female Clerics? We had one in Circle of Eternity on Veeshan named Makata. She made me want to beat my face against the wall over and over and over again, as she did just about everyone else but the leader, who I suppose she must have been cybering. Fun fact, Ravvenn was also in Circle of Eternity and we met early on because I was the top bard in the guild and I was always doing cool shit in groups and since she was an enc, we'd form AoE groups. Anyways I used to get misetells from either her or Leyor, the leader, because I chatted with both of them often, and those mt's were cybers. Then she cybered her way out of CoE and into FoH. Nobody used to believe that story. I suspect people won't have a problem believing it now. She told me all kinds of crazy shit (probably made up) about an abusive ex (that she was still with) and how she liked Brittney (Josh? Dustin? I can't remember) and yada yada yada.

I had the same deal about being a Shaman at the right time when I moved to Maelin Starpyre. Got into Crimson Tempest, which for a while was the top guild in the game. My first raid was a trial raid in PoTime and I got a Time's Anithesis because the other Shaman they had was offline. It was so insane and I was so happy haha omg, that day was great. PoTime blew my fucking mind. Took a while to learn not to go trigger happy with it and pull aggro, but after that it was honestly like being living your life with 1 arm and then one day being given a 2nd arm. That's how some items felt in EQ. They changed your class entirely. Robe of the Spring is another one of my favorites that I had thanks to a FoH druid that sold it even though they weren't technically allowed. Completely changed the way my friend's Druid played. Singing Steel Breastplate is another, gogo 6sec heal that you can cast while running because you're a Bard.

Maelin Represent!! I was in IV.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
6sec/100hp heal was OP as hell for bard. Basically could just chain click that for 100hp/tick regen with your stacked clickie DS's and laugh as melee beat themselves to death on you in duels.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yes the joys of running through East Wastelands when it was snowing and falling right over that huge pit into the zone in for the Giant City and dying... forget the name at present. Kael'Drak or something?

Velious had a ton of cool shit in it. I absolutely loved the hidden dwarf city in the bottom of Crystal Caverns. Plane of Mischief as just the original zone in was crazy to get to. The whole three way war going on.

Chuk kinda mentioned something similar earlier. But Veeshan's Peak was the most bittersweet raid zone looking back. It was SO badass to get to. But then all I ever saw was that fucking pool room. Zone in... get Call of the Heroed to pool room. Sit there and have shit pulled to you. Yaaawwwwn.

And in that list. I didn't know about the gnome mechanical guides. As I played DE and never went to Ak'Anon and don't remember anyone talking about them. I vaguely recall the gnome that would take your shit in WFP but I also didn't spend much time there.
Man I remember being like 9 years old and coming home from baseball on the weekends and farming those damn geonids at the bottom of CC because they dropped diamonds. Good exp too, might've been in my 40s? By the time you cleared the top one, the bottom one had spawned.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I liked the ranger epic, haste on one and slow on the other. I know a lot of rangers still used the slow one for years in certain situations and then swap it out as soon as it proced, especially solo or in small groups. The haste/atk offhand one got replaced pretty quickly and banked.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yes the joys of running through East Wastelands when it was snowing and falling right over that huge pit into the zone in for the Giant City and dying... forget the name at present. Kael'Drak or something?

Velious had a ton of cool shit in it. I absolutely loved the hidden dwarf city in the bottom of Crystal Caverns. Plane of Mischief as just the original zone in was crazy to get to. The whole three way war going on.

Chuk kinda mentioned something similar earlier. But Veeshan's Peak was the most bittersweet raid zone looking back. It was SO badass to get to. But then all I ever saw was that fucking pool room. Zone in... get Call of the Heroed to pool room. Sit there and have shit pulled to you. Yaaawwwwn.

And in that list. I didn't know about the gnome mechanical guides. As I played DE and never went to Ak'Anon and don't remember anyone talking about them. I vaguely recall the gnome that would take your shit in WFP but I also didn't spend much time there.

That's why I was always a badass enough to be part of the pull team.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
A single rez stick could take your raids wipe recovery time from 45 minutes down to 20 minutes. It was a game changer for sure. It is just kind of stupid that an epic item is basically a time saver. Oh well, they made plenty of questionable choices on the epic's: Shaman, Druids, and Necro's basically got nothing of value past the in-slot stats.

The biggest mistake they made with the epics was to not have them all benefit others or the group in some way. It took a massive effort to get someone their epic and most of the time they only benefited personally. Who the fuck cares about spending 15 hours of raiding to get the Paladin his sword with a 150 dmg proc.

For instance, the Wizard right click should have had a group wide mana regen aura. The Necro one should have cast a group target-able Feign Death. The Shaman one could have given the group a temporary stat buff, like Avatar for burst damage. Druid one could have ported his entire group to the teleport pots in Timorous Deep. Rogue provide the group with a +Attack aura. Warrior provide the group with a +AC aura. Shadow Knight provide the group with a +Damage return aura. Paladin could cast a buff to allow others to melee proc the 150 dmg + stun. Monks provide the group with a +haste stacking aura. Rangers the ability to cast group Spirit of Cheetah. Mage provide the group with a +spell damage aura.
I loved my shaman epic. Insta click sow boots which could be clicked from inventory. Dot that stacks with everything and doesnt break mez or root is sweet. Stats were sweet til pop. Look at that pic i posted of my lv 85 char now. You can still see my two epic items ready for clickings.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Hijacking this thread as "the" Everquest thread.

September 2016 EQ Producer's Letter: Let's Talk Expansion

September 2016 EQ Producer's Letter: Let's Talk Expansion
09-01-2016
Greetings Norrathians,

‘Tis the season to talk about our next expansion for EverQuest! The team has been working hard this year to manage the ongoing progression and event server updates, big server-side updates to improve stability, as well as toiling away on our new content-focused expansion this November. Speaking of the expansion…

761.gif

While we are still in the throes of development, we are thrilled to announce we are returning to a much-loved continent of Norrath! Prepare for EverQuest: Empires of Kunark! We’ve got a new look for Sarnaks (perhaps an illusion for some?!), new zones like Scorched Woods, Chardok: War March, Lceanium, Droga, Kor’Sha, new monsters, armor, weapons, items and more!

It’s been many years since we’ve set our eyes on Kunark and there are many stories to discover. At the beginning of October, look for announcements regarding expansion features, for pre-orders to become available, and news about when you can join us in the beta. The launch of EverQuest: Empires of Kunark is scheduled for November.

Also on the horizon, we’ll be unlocking Luclin on Phinigel server on September 28th 2PM PDT. Ragefire and Lockjaw also have some expansion votes coming in October and November.

As we start cooling down for fall and prepare for EverQuest: Empires of Kunark, we’ve got a few promotions for you too:

• This weekend we kick off a 40% off sale for members from September 1st 12PM PDT through September 6th 12PM PDT as well as Double Experience for everyone!
  • Starting this weekend, EverQuest: The Broken Mirror will be on sale at 50% off September 1st 12PM PDT through October 5th 12PM PDT. Note that option to purchase the Collector’s or Premium Edition of EverQuest: The Broken Mirror won’t be available after pre-orders for EverQuest: Empires of Kunark begin in October.
  • Also, throughout October and November until expansion launch we’ll be running bi-weekly bonuses, like experience boosts, reduced lockouts, increased rare spawns, and more.

There is plenty more to come, so keep an eye out for more news and announcements soon. As always, we are grateful to all of our dedicated and thriving EverQuest players!

Sincerely,

Holly “Windstalker” Longdale

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I think it's a good idea. Kunark is somewhat untouched, and DBG should try something safe for their first expansion. They just need to feed that nostalgia, add some content and it'll be fine.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Early in the game Iksar Monks were the coolest. Only other class I wanted to play. But back then the 6 months plus to get my SK to level 60 was just too much to repeat for a different class.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
So Day Break Games is doing EQ an expansion.. interesting.
I would like to see some functionality changes in the classes. It's been stagnant for awhile with just +mores

As far as progression servers go, i still say a good one to try is Hardcore Progression. 1 Life.

Sterling

El Presidente
I loved my shaman epic. Insta click sow boots which could be clicked from inventory. Dot that stacks with everything and doesnt break mez or root is sweet. Stats were sweet til pop. Look at that pic i posted of my lv 85 char now. You can still see my two epic items ready for clickings.
Stats were not particularly sweet after Kunark. You replace it with that thing from NToV in Velious and I'd assume there's even better MH items in Luclin. The clicky is legit useful though. Also it's literally the easiest epic 1.0 in game currently since you can literally skip everything up to the child's tear/final CoM fight by doing one part for faction for like half an hour with a druid friend.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Stats were not particularly sweet after Kunark. You replace it with that thing from NToV in Velious and I'd assume there's even better MH items in Luclin. The clicky is legit useful though. Also it's literally the easiest epic 1.0 in game currently since you can literally skip everything up to the child's tear/final CoM fight by doing one part for faction for like half an hour with a druid friend.
i soloed everything up til CoM. i even made a lv 1 halfer rogue and got him over to The Hole so i could find all the named mobs for the quest. i worked alone because i wanted to be the first epic shaman on the server. and i was!

oh and yes the stats on the epic were not the best after kunark, but they were still good enough for soloing, which i did a ton of. i had many main hand items, but i always kept epic on hand for free dots. the TA in PoP was pretty much the shaman epic2.0. which i also have in that pic. i was a loot whore.

Zish

Trakanon Raider
I'm really disappointed that they aren't revisiting Cabilis in any of their Kunark expansions. I've been wanting to see an updated version of it since EQ2's first Kunark expansion.

zero_name

Golden Knight of the Realm
These bastards bring up Kunark like it's going to get me to sub again.

Anyways, here's my $15 you dirty mother fuckers.