Everquest - Live Servers

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Im currently using both. I think the mq2 optimization aspect of it is what is really hooking me in right now. I downloaded isboxer a few hours before you posted this. Currently just using it to size my windows and dont really feel that Im getting as much out of it as I should be.

I definitely need to start working on organizing my macros a bit better as my burns and firing off defensive discs in o fuck moments arent where they need to be.

Are epic 2.0/2.5s still worth doing for any of the classes I am currently playing or would they just get replaced post 105?
Tucoh said:
S rank: Bard, Shaman, SK, Necro
A Rank: Cleric, Ranger, berserker
B Rank: Warrior, Mage, beastlord
C Rank: Druid

Special mention: Necros should do everything they can to get their 2.5.

Brohg said:
A rank: rogue
B rank: paladin, monk
C rank: enchanter, wizard

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't know about the last couple expansions, but my Necro was still using his 2.5 through Call of the Forsaken. Plus 18% DoT Crit percentage was vastly superior to any amount of stats you could otherwise get in the slot with modern gear.

Probably my favorite EQ item of all item.
2962364872b9eaf1aee2974cf8e97322.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
I don't know about the last couple expansions, but my Necro was still using his 2.5 through Call of the Forsaken. Plus 18% DoT Crit percentage was vastly superior to any amount of stats you could otherwise get in the slot with modern gear.

Probably my favorite EQ item of all item.
2962364872b9eaf1aee2974cf8e97322.png

Ya, the 2.0 necro epic is still the best item in-game. There are a few 2 handers that you could call better while questing and grouping but for raids its unmatched. There are a few more clickits that help with dot damage now too.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Necros 2.0 is forever glued to their hand, partially because the 2.5 augs is bugged and stacks with the original epic, giving them a 18 percent crit rate like fight says instead of the 10 percent its supposed to.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Isboxer was definitely a game changer for the instant swapping. I still dont use it for much out of the window management. Also, didnt know I could recreate heroics. So went back and changed the enchanter out for a zerker and saw a substantial difference.

Setting up mq2, while blowing through levels, can be alot of effort for 5 characters, but man when you get it optimized it can really start doing work. Its really a game within a game.
Currently running 2 larger windows with the 3 at the bottom able to instaswapped to the larger if need be, but usually just keep my tank and puller there.

20190520_180052.jpg

Last edited:

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Buried in this Ars article

"Longdale is also looking at some behind-the-scenes updates—primarily a round of server mergers for next year. EQ has had server mergers in the past as the population has dropped, but they were always two-to-one mergers involving all servers. This time, servers with low populations will be merged, but ones with high populations, like Luclin and Xegony, won’t get one. Longdale also intends to deal with the Zek server, the last remaining PvP server in the game, which is said to be a ghost town. Longdale wants to “find a solution” to Zek this year."

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
". In this effort, Longdale says the team’s attention is largely on things that need it: for starters, fixing the advanced looting feature introduced in 2015 (which I detest, and thankfully, so does Windstalker). “Advanced loot is the worst. I said to the team, ‘we gotta tackle this.’”

That seems weird. Advanced loot is slightly clunky but I think it works well once you understand how it works. Bad priority, imo.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
". In this effort, Longdale says the team’s attention is largely on things that need it: for starters, fixing the advanced looting feature introduced in 2015 (which I detest, and thankfully, so does Windstalker). “Advanced loot is the worst. I said to the team, ‘we gotta tackle this.’”

That seems weird. Advanced loot is slightly clunky but I think it works well once you understand how it works. Bad priority, imo.

I'm guessing it's said clunkiness plus the learning curve that they're going to work on? because yeah it is great once you get it down, but it's a pretty startling difference at first and difficult to figure out the nuances of.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I'm guessing it's said clunkiness plus the learning curve that they're going to work on? because yeah it is great once you get it down, but it's a pretty startling difference at first and difficult to figure out the nuances of.

Tough to trust them to do a good UI! But if it's just that and not fucking with functionality too much, that'd be cool. I definitely initially turned it off when I came back after almost a decade away so I know it can be off-putting at first.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Anyone who doesn't use advanced loot spends as much time clicking corpses as I spend making them.

The only problem I have with it is the rare incidents of crashes when modifying your filters. This happens most regularly when mass killing entire zones (where advanced loot is best used).

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Advanced loot is pretty amazing. I'm sure they could tweak some stuff to make it better but I hope they dont fuck it up

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone else playing on Xegony? I levelled up a 105 Necro, and a 91 Ranger. Getting to the point where mercs just don't cut it though.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

Good day, Norrathians!

From 20th Anniversary in March to now, it’s been a blur!

Thanks to the communities on all servers for a great year so far, and a big welcome to the communities that have formed on Selo and Mangler. All aboard, me hearties, on this incredible journey!

We thought we’d take a minute to update you on a few things that are immediately on the horizon!

Hardcore Heritage has Begun. Do You have the Skeelz?

Now until June 18, 2019, take part in Phase 1 of Hardcore Heritage content that includes higher difficulty and better rewards in Blackburrow, Cazic Thule, Ruins of Old Guk, and Unrest. Plus, you can enjoy Sebilis Hardcore Heritage content through July 2, 2019.

Phase 2 kicks off on June 19, 2019. Test your mettle against more difficult content for greater rewards in: Crushbone, Permafrost, Castle Mistmoore, and Nagafen’s Lair.

Check in the in-game Event Calendar for more info!

Let’s Celebrate Pride!

This year, you can get our Pride-themed bunny familiars from the in-game store for free starting June 21 until July 31, 2019. As a studio, we support every gamer who contributes to our community. Show the love!

[IMG]

Death, Death, Death in July!

The Coldain in the Great Divide will need your help to defeat their enemies! Stand tall…ahem.

Seek out Tudasali July 3 through July 30, 2019, to lend your support during the Death, Death, Death event!

Expansion Morsels

While it’s REALLY early to be chatting about expansions, we thought we’d let you know that you may want to level up your characters to max. We will be adding 5 levels for characters this year!

There’s plenty to talk about, but we’re going to wait until the fall to get into the details. Still, can’t hurt to get ahead of the game, as it were.

We’ll let you know the expansion lore and location at a later date, but it will be unfamiliarly familiar. [editor's note: :eyeroll:]

Getting Together

We are still working on planning a fan event (now probably next year to give EverQuest and EverQuest II fans and guilds time to prepare and plan). We’ll have some questions to ask the community about who might be interested in joining us for a weekend fan event, focused on the them, with Q&As, roundtables, and activities for gamers and roleplayers. Fun stuff!

We’ll start rolling out some questions and surveys as we move forward!

20th Anniversary Bundles

The Anniversary packs won’t last forever. Just a heads up if you were on the fence about getting one. They’re a really good deal! Check them out here: Packs | EverQuest

Come online and join us!

Sincerely,
Holly “Windstalker” Longdale

Not excited for +5 levels. It's so much fucking work getting new spells for my boxes, lol.

#selfinflictedwounds

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Norrath now has Gay Rainbow Rabbits, from a micro-transaction store. Let that sink in.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I literally could not have picked a better time to quit this game. Holy hell. Thank God I am no longer giving them money.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Was really hoping they'd just leave the level cap at 110 and build sideways from there with gear/AAs. Or ideally, leave the cap at 100. Level raises stopped being interesting or compelling content long ago IMO when we have AAs to get instead. Level raises are still fun in WoW because it doesn't have AAs or gear that doesn't auto-obsolete when a new expac arrives.

No idea on "unfamiliarly familiar" as the hint on the expansion. Wizard familiars?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Was really hoping they'd just leave the level cap at 110 and build sideways from there with gear/AAs. Or ideally, leave the cap at 100. Level raises stopped being interesting or compelling content long ago IMO when we have AAs to get instead. Level raises are still fun in WoW because it doesn't have AAs or gear that doesn't auto-obsolete when a new expac arrives.

No idea on "unfamiliarly familiar" as the hint on the expansion. Wizard familiars?
As in revamped Velious, but with a twist. At least that’s the theory.