Everquest - Live Servers

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
A Velious expansion would make sense after the success of the Kunark revamps. The closest SoV has gotten to a sequel was SoF with Kerafyrm and that was ages ago. The other classic expacs all got recent post-100 storyline follow-ups (Kunark got EoK and RoS, Luclin got TDS, Planes got TBM and TBL...hell, CotF is sorta a Classic follow-up as well). RoF uses a couple of Velious zones but it isn't a sequel and they're low-tier zones like East Wastes.

Come to think of it a Velious revamp might get me back on live. A two-parter like Kunark would be pretty rad. First half ends with Skyshrine/Yelinak, second half ends with ToV/Vulak. Or maybe something new entirely. Kerafyrm 3.0: This Time It's Personal?

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
A new Velious expansion would be cool but I doubt it will happen for a few reasons.

I'm thinking the next expansion will be a continuation of the PoP theme. TBL covered the elements of air and fire while this next one will cover earth and water.

At least, that's my theory.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
A new Velious expansion would be cool but I doubt it will happen for a few reasons.

I'm thinking the next expansion will be a continuation of the PoP theme. TBL covered the elements of air and fire while this next one will cover earth and water.

At least, that's my theory.

Next expansion is Velious.

From the game client (live):

sub_8C3F60((char)v2, 26, 824, "eastwastestwo", 40, 120, (int)&loc_800000, 0, byte_108F95C, 0);
sub_8C3F60((char)v2, 26, 825, "frozenshadowtwo", 30, 90, (int)&loc_800000, 0, byte_108F95C, 0);
sub_8C3F60((char)v2, 26, 826, "crystaltwoa", 20, 60, (int)&loc_800000, 0, byte_108F95C, 0);
sub_8C3F60((char)v2, 26, 827, "greatdividetwo", 40, 120, (int)&loc_800000, 0, byte_108F95C, 0);
sub_8C3F60((char)v2, 26, 828, "velketortwo", 30, 90, (int)&loc_800000, 0, byte_108F95C, 0);
sub_8C3F60((char)v2, 26, 829, "kaeltwo", 30, 90, (int)&loc_800000, 0, byte_108F95C, 0);
sub_8C3F60((char)v2, 26, 830, "crystaltwob", 20, 60, (int)&loc_800000, 0, byte_108F95C, 0);

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Interesting. So that would mean there would be three different versions of the Eastern Wastes, Crystal Caverns and Kael zones - the originals, the RoF versions and then this next set.

I mean, I loved Kael and would still enjoy it, but it's disappointing that we're seeing these zones done yet again. Meanwhile, why not revamped Skyshrine or Temple of Veeshan? For that matter, GD is akin to Siren's Grotto or Cobalt Scar.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I might just have to figure out how to see new Tower of Frozen Shadow

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Next expansion is Velious.

From the game client (live):

sub_8C3F60((char)v2, 26, 824, "eastwastestwo", 40, 120, (int)&loc_800000, 0, byte_108F95C, 0);
sub_8C3F60((char)v2, 26, 825, "frozenshadowtwo", 30, 90, (int)&loc_800000, 0, byte_108F95C, 0);
sub_8C3F60((char)v2, 26, 826, "crystaltwoa", 20, 60, (int)&loc_800000, 0, byte_108F95C, 0);
sub_8C3F60((char)v2, 26, 827, "greatdividetwo", 40, 120, (int)&loc_800000, 0, byte_108F95C, 0);
sub_8C3F60((char)v2, 26, 828, "velketortwo", 30, 90, (int)&loc_800000, 0, byte_108F95C, 0);
sub_8C3F60((char)v2, 26, 829, "kaeltwo", 30, 90, (int)&loc_800000, 0, byte_108F95C, 0);
sub_8C3F60((char)v2, 26, 830, "crystaltwob", 20, 60, (int)&loc_800000, 0, byte_108F95C, 0);

These are all eastern Velious zones, which indicates another two-parter is on the way and that this one will be giant-centric (most likely with Kael as the endzone). Also, Sleeper's Tomb sealed up. No Iceclad is odd, and two Crystal Caverns zones is a little odd too.

If I were to do a Velious two-parter, Kael is where I'd divide things as well. Have Wakening Land be the entry zone for the next one.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
That could also be a partial list.

I'd love it if they brought back all the old zones with just a bump in the mob difficulty and not much else, and then fleshed out with new zones that had progression quests, collectibles etc.

tarb

Trakanon Raider
That could also be a partial list.

I'd love it if they brought back all the old zones with just a bump in the mob difficulty and not much else, and then fleshed out with new zones that had progression quests, collectibles etc.
This indeed, I am all for this being a 2 parter and then moving onto to redo the old PoP zones as well.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
I resubbed to try this again and managed to inadvertently step into nuclear-level drama twice in one week. Is the entire game like this now?

A couple hours after I resubbed someone offered to help me get me some gear in GMM. He invited me to his guild and I did a few missions with him. Nothing went out of the ordinary. The next day I'm finding myself being openly mocked in general chat. Apparently this guy has a history on the server and I find I am persona non grata with everyone now simply by association. I get mocking tells from half a dozen people I don't recognize, apparently many people assume I am one of this guy's alts and refuse to be convinced otherwise.

I confront him about this and he immediately starts talking about how all these people badmouthing him are part of a Satanic conspiracy to discredit his "divinity." Like, he literally started claiming he's 100 million years old, was Jesus Christ, taught the English language to the neanderthals, that the Sun has fire in it because he threw the devil in there, that he used to play basketball on Jupiter with other immortals and it's an unlivable gas giant now because they "used up all the oxygen." He also doesn't have his powers anymore because Satan controls an army of lizard/human hybrids which secretly run the US government and which captured him and tortured him for years to take his powers away. I swear I am not making any of this up.

I drop out of this guy's guild and sever contact with him, figuring this would pass in a few days. It did not. I got myself better gear over the holiday weekend and once I was able to molo RoS named I figured I'd try TBL. It's hard to find flag groups but I managed to get the wishing lamp item from someone offering free taskadds and asked in general chat if anyone could campfire me into the TBL zones. I was immediately dogpiled again, this time with angry people pissed off about how that wouldn't be "earning" it chiming in alongside a large number of other people that openly announce I am another alt of the crazy guy and that no one should help me or speak to me. So this whole experience went to shit at light speed.

• 3WTF
  • 2Worf
  • 1Hodjing
Reactions: 5 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I confront him about this and he immediately starts talking about how all these people badmouthing him are part of a Satanic conspiracy to discredit his "divinity." Like, he literally started claiming he's 100 million years old, was Jesus Christ, taught the English language to the neanderthals, that the Sun has fire in it because he threw the devil in there, that he used to play basketball on Jupiter with other immortals and it's an unlivable gas giant now because they "used up all the oxygen." He also doesn't have his powers anymore because Satan controls an army of lizard/human hybrids which secretly run the US government and which captured him and tortured him for years to take his powers away. I swear I am not making any of this up.
Sounds like a typical EQ player.

What shit-hole server did you sub on anyways? It sounds like the autists closed themselves off for some time now and a decade of inbreeding has taken their brains.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
I resubbed to try this again and managed to inadvertently step into nuclear-level drama twice in one week. Is the entire game like this now?

A couple hours after I resubbed someone offered to help me get me some gear in GMM. He invited me to his guild and I did a few missions with him. Nothing went out of the ordinary. The next day I'm finding myself being openly mocked in general chat. Apparently this guy has a history on the server and I find I am persona non grata with everyone now simply by association. I get mocking tells from half a dozen people I don't recognize, apparently many people assume I am one of this guy's alts and refuse to be convinced otherwise.

I drop out of this guy's guild and sever contact with him, figuring this would pass in a few days. It did not. I got myself better gear over the holiday weekend and once I was able to molo RoS named I figured I'd try TBL. It's hard to find flag groups but I managed to get the wishing lamp item from someone offering free taskadds and asked in general chat if anyone could campfire me into the TBL zones. I was immediately dogpiled again, this time with angry people pissed off about how that wouldn't be "earning" it chiming in alongside a large number of other people that openly announce I am another alt of the crazy guy and that no one should help me or speak to me. So this whole experience went to shit at light speed.

Sounds horrible... brb, reinstalling.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider

ac9.jpg

You should ask him if he's read the Necronomicon lately...

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

TLP has more drama than live servers. What you described is atypical of either server. Most drama is caused by resource contention, where if someone thinks you're invading their camp they'll snarl at you like a rabid badger.
giphy.gif

I avoid it by just being vocal and polite. I have a pretty fast kill-rate so people get apprehensive when they start seeing me annihilate entire camps.

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Safe to setup a fully automated group as long as I'm not being obnoxious around others?

85 is the highest you can start?

Might actually break my tlp addiction

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Safe to setup a fully automated group as long as I'm not being obnoxious around others?

85 is the highest you can start?

Might actually break my tlp addiction

While I can't give you a definite answer, because god knows with their schizo CS...I made it to 110 with my 6box while heavily afk farming and was never bothered. The game is so huge there are plenty of places you can go that no one would really ever have a reason to run across or mess with you.

And yes, heroic characters start at 85.

• 1Like