Everquest - Live Servers

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is there any way to see a list of your characters without logging in to the game? It's been an age since I last played but my pally was still there after the Drinal-Maelin merger.

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
35 seconds in, bottom center, is that a classic ice giant model pet or something?
Ice Giant illusion you could get from the in-game loot crates.

Whoever recorded that trailer needs to raise the gamma or something lmao.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Are they just re using old year 2001 zones and purchasing new monster models off a digital asset store now? Kewl, i could probably create them an expansion in a week or two if that is the bar.

• 1Salty
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Are they just re using old year 2001 zones and purchasing new monster models off a digital asset store now? Kewl, i could probably create them an expansion in a week or two if that is the bar.

Why else do you think they've released 4 Kunark expansions?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Why else do you think they've released 4 Kunark expansions?
this is nothing really new, they have been recycling character models since the very beginning of the game. not all of them of course. but they have a baseline of a few new models they create per expansion and then they just add them into the pool of the available models they can use for the future. it was a running joke for years that we would be killing orc pawns, snakes and spiders in every expansion.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
How about this for their next expansion? Expansion #0202: Bizzaro World! where we remake Freeport back to its classic state, and re-implement other classic zones and models.

I'm sure it will sell better and be better received than their last 15 expansions.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
That one boss(?) in the trailer sorta looks like a female Mata Muram that hasn't been all disfigured. It's also kinda what I imagined a "pure riftseeker" (before being split into fire and ice) would have looked like. It's just good to see something new, as I was under the impression that all of the bosses in this expac were just remakes of old bosses like Tserrina and AoW.

...watch that be Tserrina

tarb

Trakanon Raider
Have you ever seen such an amazing trailer?

Meh, its about the same as all of their other expansion trailers, I actually think the new giant models look pretty good considering the age of the game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I saw multiple zones, animations, various character models, and the writing was even coherent. If this was the vanguard thread people would need new keyboards after that remarkable showing.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Basically Daybreak now become an EA-like parent company / publisher, it owns 3 studios, Rogue Planet Games for PlanetSide, Darkpaw Games for EQ/EQ2, and Dimensional Ink Games for DC Universe Online,