Everquest - Live Servers

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Well with how many times New World was pushed back, this game might come out in 6 years. Still faster than Pantheon.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Anyone have a guild recommendation on a live server? Semi-casual but looking to hang with some folks and potentially try the new expansion?

Any thoughts on the new expansion? I’ve been doing TLPs so I haven’t even looked at their last probably 5 expansions…. Maybe more.

yersinia

Lord Nagafen Raider
the sense of wonder. the elf trees, running around a corner and finding a dragon, an ogre just sitting outside felwithe, the magical music, reminded me of myst.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone have a guild recommendation on a live server? Semi-casual but looking to hang with some folks and potentially try the new expansion?

Any thoughts on the new expansion? I’ve been doing TLPs so I haven’t even looked at their last probably 5 expansions…. Maybe more.
I think Tuco Tuco is about the only live player left on these boards. And, he seems to stick to himself and his own box group.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider

I came back to FV.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

I'm on Bristlebane in Ring of Valor as a casual / non raiding member, can recommend.

Maul

Dental Dammer
MQ makes this game enjoyable if you have a few months to invest

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>

This got me all nostalgic feeling... I wish I could live vicariously through a top level cleric experiencing all of this fresh and new.

Every time I log on to the actual live server, I am saddled with a great yearning of wanting to experience some new, fresh things, but then a cloud of depression hits as I realize I don't know anyone, and nobody knows me.

It feels like being really old heh. The fact that I have a pre-nerf manastone, holgresh elder beads, shield of striding... hell, even PoM flower clickies as a cleric back then... it's like I'm a fossil, displaced by many many years of ever increasing power, mudflation, and time.

If the best I can hope for is to casually look on twitch at some current raid content, who might I find to best be entertained by?

Any links one can toss out for me would be greatly appreciated <3

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.

This got me all nostalgic feeling... I wish I could live vicariously through a top level cleric experiencing all of this fresh and new.

Every time I log on to the actual live server, I am saddled with a great yearning of wanting to experience some new, fresh things, but then a cloud of depression hits as I realize I don't know anyone, and nobody knows me.

It feels like being really old heh. The fact that I have a pre-nerf manastone, holgresh elder beads, shield of striding... hell, even PoM flower clickies as a cleric back then... it's like I'm a fossil, displaced by many many years of ever increasing power, mudflation, and time.

If the best I can hope for is to casually look on twitch at some current raid content, who might I find to best be entertained by?

Any links one can toss out for me would be greatly appreciated <3
If you aren't max level getting there fucking sucks right now. We topped out at 82 I think and hit a massive wall of can't kill things worth killing for loot and XP or doing those instanced runs over and over. Killed the group.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Maul

Dental Dammer
If you aren't max level getting there fucking sucks right now. We topped out at 82 I think and hit a massive wall of can't kill things worth killing for loot and XP or doing those instanced runs over and over. Killed the group.
Yeah 80 is where stuff starts getting hard, upto 65ish your subbed tank merc can solo reds, but it all goes to shit after that.

If you can slog it out to 110 and get the boe/snowbound gear it becomes easy, I've soloed everything with my box group upto CoV expansion which I never bothered with, I might pick it up again tho now I've got two expansions worth of content to do.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Shit was a ton of fun too up until that wall. Really sucked balls.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Not sure who your group was, but you don't need to drudge through instances at 82 and if you have a decent group it's not hard at all. I don't even really recommend it. If you're like me and just want to see new zones and kill new monsters I recommend choosing random zones with level appropriate mobs and killing them.

I recently leveled from 1 to max with a fresh box group. I believe at 82 I was at Fortress Mechanotus - SoF Leveling Guide

One thing that makes leveling from 75 to 105 a bit easier is how easy it is to get geared from The Broken Mirror gear. At level 82 you can pretty easily get a full set of Extravagant Spitegem of the Sturdy - EQ Resource - The Resource for your EverQuest needs with matching weapons. No need to unravel the mysteries of whatever expansion's gearing paradigm is, just refresh your TBM gear every 5 or 10 levels.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
YES! Totally this. I'm 81 now and this is exactly how I feel. I'm too sheepish to ask for help in General chat (because I hate feeling like a charity case or a scrub [which I totally am now, no qualms admitting it... relative to when I was one of the top clerics serverwide like 17 years ago]) and when I solo blues, I get smacked for really absurd damage only to get a insultingly low amount of solo xp.

I'm just out of place on live in every conceivable way, even though my love of the game is high. Depressing heh~

That's why I think I'm just better off living vicariously through a high-end guilds twitch channel LoL

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Isn't low 80s sod and uf? I liked their group stuff on selo. I assume its even easier with access to out of era bazaar shit first. I particularly liked the rathe theme content.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
YES! Totally this. I'm 81 now and this is exactly how I feel. I'm too sheepish to ask for help in General chat (because I hate feeling like a charity case or a scrub [which I totally am now, no qualms admitting it... relative to when I was one of the top clerics serverwide like 17 years ago]) and when I solo blues, I get smacked for really absurd damage only to get a insultingly low amount of solo xp.

I'm just out of place on live in every conceivable way, even though my love of the game is high. Depressing heh~

That's why I think I'm just better off living vicariously through a high-end guilds twitch channel LoL
If you take the pity dick out of your mouth long enough to tell me what character(s) you're playing I can provide some recommendations.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
If you take the pity dick out of your mouth long enough to tell me what character(s) you're playing I can provide some recommendations.
Let me just tell you my dream. This is what I really want Tuco: To be able to solo PoTime on my cle... my main. She's 81 with top raid gear from DoD content.

During my prime, I could raid with my guild Legacy of Steel, group with friends, help friends on a couple group mini-raid content like epic 1.5s etc, then solo stuff like Avatar of War, Dain, Seru, Grieg, Trakanon, Dozekar etc etc.

So... whether it's me gimping out and buying a lvl 105 character to run through content to give my cle exceptional, lvl 80 gear to possibly solo PoTime at THAT level, or grinding my cle to 105 herself with shitty baz gear and soloing PoTime... I don't know, but I'm at least communicating what my goal is to ya :)

I guess I just don't want to commit anything to really getting into EQ and having it be a time vampire like I know it has the potential to be, and any close connections with making new friends in game or joining a guild would lead to that. I'm still a working stiff. I enjoy making music and videos still as well as just watching the news and being really up to date on political and social things. That's where my time goes... you feel me? If I won the lottery and could literally just devote life to being a teen again, yeah... I think then I would get into EQ like I was in my prime.

That's where I am with all this Tuco :) Any advice?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Let me just tell you my dream. This is what I really want Tuco: To be able to solo PoTime on my cle... my main. She's 81 with top raid gear from DoD content.

During my prime, I could raid with my guild Legacy of Steel, group with friends, help friends on a couple group mini-raid content like epic 1.5s etc, then solo stuff like Avatar of War, Dain, Seru, Grieg, Trakanon, Dozekar etc etc.

So... whether it's me gimping out and buying a lvl 105 character to run through content to give my cle exceptional, lvl 80 gear to possibly solo PoTime at THAT level, or grinding my cle to 105 herself with shitty baz gear and soloing PoTime... I don't know, but I'm at least communicating what my goal is to ya :)

I guess I just don't want to commit anything to really getting into EQ and having it be a time vampire like I know it has the potential to be, and any close connections with making new friends in game or joining a guild would lead to that. I'm still a working stiff. I enjoy making music and videos still as well as just watching the news and being really up to date on political and social things. That's where my time goes... you feel me? If I won the lottery and could literally just devote life to being a teen again, yeah... I think then I would get into EQ like I was in my prime.

That's where I am with all this Tuco :) Any advice?
Wait, you want to solo content in EQ and you're using a cleric?

How many drugs have you done since you played EQ competitively?

Clerics have been a one-trick pony since EQ alpha, they just heal. But better than anyone else so they are an essential core of their raiding force. The rose-tinted glasses you're wearing when you jerk off to EQ nostalgia prevent you from remembering how pathetic and miserable your experience was anytime you weren't riding your guildmate's coattails.

Anyway, if you want to accomplish your dream, do the following:
1. Get a new EQ Account (free)
2. Buy a heroic (level 85) Shadowknight character ($32 with sub)
3. Follow this SK Heroic Guide Badly Needed! | EverQuest Forums
4. Have your SK carry your cleric to a higher level. I don't know how high you need to get. Boxing raids is annoying even when you thoroughly outclass them. The cleric will enable you to use your 2H to tank content in your SK, so your DPS will be fine.
5. At some level you'll be able to solo PoTime and similar content with your cleric. But you won't because it'll be *way* more fun to duo it with your shadowknight.

Last edited:

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You can solo grind on the cleric by using the reverse damage shield nonsense and a viral mark. I believe sof is good for swarms. Soloing is horse shit xp though. You could arguably do better with 2 auto following heroics doing literally nothing but having mercs out and playing your cleric with 3 mercs in a group of 6. Or box that sk or something.

Maul

Dental Dammer

Guessing you arent on Antonius Bayle? Could have power leveled you!

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Just saw this...
1639498012016.png

Season 8 Episode 2 Nbc GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine