Everquest - Live Servers

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
New illusion is very topical.

781.jpg

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Well it looks like they went back to basics. That looks like OG eq.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The ability to keep your name, bank, trade-skills, but change your class is pretty cool. Seems like it could help out with grouping and the coming & going of people from groups.

hory

This is great for the loot whores. Now they can bid on any item and switch classes to use it.

• 1Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Too bad the beta server does not have AP functioning yet. That's the only reason I would pre-purchase the expansion is to check out AP. With out it, no thanks.

Coffeefan

Trakanon Raider
I bought the expansion bc I wanted AP. It's going to be a while for this shit to be done. A dev who came up with the idea and worked on it is gone.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
1697063809239.png

Yeah guessing the vision behind the job system / persona stuff is gone. Wonder if Secrets could get it done by December. :emoji_sweat_smile:

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Corporate life sucks. Suits selling something that doesn't even have a workable model implemented yet. This probably won't be as cool as you hope it will be

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

The last expansion didn't interest me at all and this one kinda doesn't either. Not sure what the lore here is but at least it's something new I suppose. Looks more like a LoY-style content pack. Whole thing has a "final expansion" kind of vibe to it with it being the retirement home for heroes.

Was really hoping they'd finish up the Planes remake with the other half of Burning Lands (Loruella the water citadel, etc) or finish off Luclin with Shissar and stuff.

The class changing is the big thing I want to know more about at this point in time.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
If you read some of the Dev comments about it, I wouldn't get your hopes up. Doesn't sound like it's nearly ready enough for a release in two months, especially given how likely it is to be buggy with all the many edge cases something like this will have. Even if it's available and they say it's ready to rock I'd wait for a bunch of feedback from other users first.

• 1Like

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Apparently you can enable stick figure mode in EQ

Yeah I wanna say they added it as a joke during one of the april-fools celebrations over a decade ago (possibly over 2 decades).

The only thing that sucks about it is it draws weapons and I wanna say shadows? Shadows you can deal with but weapons in EQ are much higher poly count than the actual models LOL. So your client still struggles a bit with that.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Apparently you can enable stick figure mode in EQ

Yeah, turning off names and turning everyone into stick figures is a good way to optimize raid framerate if playing on a subpar machine. Probably makes things kind of dull though

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
You can also just hide the models completely with /hidemodels. Of course, weapons still show up which is kind of annoying but at least let's you know someone is there.

• 1Like

hory

If your PC can run eq graphics spend 75 bucks and upgrade it. Eq lags because of server architecture.