Everquest - Live Servers

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
In all my years of magicianing since the late 90s, I never did the epic until I finally got one for my mage on the latest TLE server. FeelsGoodMan
That first time you have to throw it away and summon another one is some scary shit lol.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
In all my years of magicianing since the late 90s, I never did the epic until I finally got one for my mage on the latest TLE server. FeelsGoodMan

Magician 1.0 is the biggest pain in the ass out of all 3 sets of epics.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Magician 1.0 is the biggest pain in the ass out of all 3 sets of epics.

Oh man you speak the truth. Honestly it was such a pain in the ass for me because of drop-rates it was insane.

Add in that you had a monk / bard in NK running around at lightning speed killing quillmane every time they MYSTERIOUSLY found the correct mob to kill to start the spawn cycle...ya...

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Oh man you speak the truth. Honestly it was such a pain in the ass for me because of drop-rates it was insane.

Add in that you had a monk / bard in NK running around at lightning speed killing quillmane every time they MYSTERIOUSLY found the correct mob to kill to start the spawn cycle...ya...

I was lucky enough to do the mage 1.0 unopposed and it was STILL a pain in the ass.

On the server where I decided to do all the 1.0s I'd never done before, in succession over time, magician was the one I left for last and by then nobody else was really doing it. As far as South Karana goes, I know how the spawn cycle works, but it seemed like I'd just lose it randomly even when I latched onto the right spawns.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
The problem with Quillmane is if you weren't using SEQ, no tracking could cover the entire zone and the PH could spawn far enough away the last area you killed that it wouldn't show up. Then you start doubting yourself as to what is what. Even getting one kill wrong can really throw you off track. With SEQ, obviously you don't have that problem.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I did quillmane for my mage epic during a double rare spawn and was alone on a live server. I had the spawns down like clockwork surgery.

Was still a pain and took the whole day.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So how does persona work?
We don't know. DPG doesn't know.

There is a thread on beta forums where they asked people to ask questions and they'd come up with answers. It's been a few weeks and no answers are forthcoming.

• 1WTF

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>

I did it on Oakwynd, and there's a bard there 24/7 for literally months selling it for Krono like it was his full time job. If anyone moved in, he would charm the PH and bring it all over the place at bard speed, nothing you could do. Bound myself by a possible bind point, and had my quickest nuke ready to go. Took two steals for the cloak to drop, and man he was pissed.

Phinny was my hardest part. Let me preface by saying I have atrociously bad luck for little things like D&D type games, or anything involving a roll. So me having to sucker in a few friends to farm him once a week for 8 times was easily the biggest bottleneck lol

• 2Worf

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I accidentally did the turn in for my Ragebringer wrong so had to spend like a whole afternoon resetting. Shit sucked.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Ok, so I just tried the Alternate Personas on the beta server...

It's a little janky, but it actually works.

When you click a different class and then click the create button from the Personas window, it logs you out of your current character and takes you directly to the character creation screen with only the class you had selected as available. You have to choose a valid race for that class. You can set your appearance and your starting stats, and then you login as that persona (aka your alt character).

It will log your new persona in as if it was a brand new character, so in my case, it logged my level 1 bard persona in at Crescent Reach just as if I had created a new character and chose Cresent Reach as my starting point.

Here's the janky part... You start out with everything equiped that your last persona had on (or your main character if you had no persona before. It should be noted that your main character IS a persona). That means that if you were on a level 125 character and you created a new persona, it starts with all your level 125 gear on at level 1... and is all yellowed out because the level 1 character can't use it.

Now for the fun part... When you swap personas, it takes about 30 seconds just as if you was logging out of the game, but then you immidiately switch over to the persona you chose AT the same spot your last persona was at. In other words, if you need to monk flop your way across a bad spot in a zone, you can swap to your monk persona, get to where you want to go, and then swap back over to your Bard or what ever. Other than the time it takes to swap, it's seemless.

I think the inventory sets (save/load) was broken because I never was able to get it to load different inventory sets between personas. The important take away from that though is that you WILL need space in your bags for all of your different persona's inventory sets. Kind of a bummer, but it is what it is.

• 2Like

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
With this why not make loot tradable and dropable for all servers ?

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
This is going to lead to some really interesting scenarios.

like...
  1. Kill the mob with your most powerful persona
  2. Switch to your persona that needs the drop
  3. Loot the item
  4. Switch to your porter
  5. Port out
  6. Switch to your Bard
  7. Do your best impression of the FLASH and run to your turn in spot
  8. Switch to your Enchanter and do anything you need to do to the NPC before turn in
  9. Switch to your personal that needs the turn in
  10. Turn in item
or...
  1. Switch to your monk persona
  2. Flop your way past some really bad mobs to a safe place deep in the zone
  3. Switch to your Mage persona
  4. CoTH your group to you

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I'm going to go over some of the Alternate Persona stuff in beta tonight during my stream. Beta says there is no NDA, so I should be ok to stream it.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
If it's really working like that I would expect a nerf eventually because they have a history of not thinking through the potential consequences.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I did it on Oakwynd, and there's a bard there 24/7 for literally months selling it for Krono like it was his full time job. If anyone moved in, he would charm the PH and bring it all over the place at bard speed, nothing you could do. Bound myself by a possible bind point, and had my quickest nuke ready to go. Took two steals for the cloak to drop, and man he was pissed.

Phinny was my hardest part. Let me preface by saying I have atrociously bad luck for little things like D&D type games, or anything involving a roll. So me having to sucker in a few friends to farm him once a week for 8 times was easily the biggest bottleneck lol

How many Kronos was the guy selling Quillmane for? I can't imagine it was particularly profitable. Not because the cloak isn't worth a lot, but because the demand seems like it would dry up fairly quickly. With a monopoly he'd be able to stack some money if he kept the price high, I suppose.