Everquest - Live Servers

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Did you check the box to auto grant AA?
Oh, I did. Figured that just gave points up to a certain level or something. Do you just get everything if you’re subbed? And I guess if I had AAs given from that auto-grant, do you lose them if you unsub?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Oh, I did. Figured that just gave points up to a certain level or something. Do you just get everything if you’re subbed? And I guess if I had AAs given from that auto-grant, do you lose them if you unsub?
You don't lose anything if you unsubscribe, afaik. You get granted AA based on where you are relative to the server's current expansion. If you're doing this on a live server I could see why most of them would likely be granted to you if you were not near max level.

You can only have so many banked AA for a given level. I think the normal amount is two times your level so sounds like you probably have a level 85 heroic character. This banked AA cap is not the same as the cap for subbed versus unsubbed AA used.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Haven't done anything but try to get the UI figured out and such. Now for item/sticker shock on FV. I haven't looked how insane things are yet so here goes.

Borzak

I had every weapon that dropped a ranger could use going back to the rev whip. Lots of mask I don't remember getting them, guessing HoT last time I played.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Well that’s convenient that you don’t have to go looting your corpse anymore. Found out the hard way that level loss is definitely still in, lol. I need a goddamn tutorial to get back in, or something. I imagine there’s better ways to solo besides root/rotting, but even this is risky if I get an unlucky resist.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Well that’s convenient that you don’t have to go looting your corpse anymore. Found out the hard way that level loss is definitely still in, lol. I need a goddamn tutorial to get back in, or something. I imagine there’s better ways to solo besides root/rotting, but even this is risky if I get an unlucky resist.
If you are below 65 get a tank merc. If you are over 65 get a healer merc.

• 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
If you are below 65 get a tank merc. If you are over 65 get a healer merc.
I was running with the tank merc (at 85) but was having trouble keeping him up with 3 pulls of even cons (I imagine since I haven’t gotten any AA points for him, yet), so I just put him away and went for the ol’ tried and true root/rot. I’ll grab a healer and mess with that for a bit. I’m sure there’s a bunch of new buttons I’m not used to that I should be using. I found the “oh shit” heal, at least, but I’m sure there’s more.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I was running with the tank merc (at 85) but was having trouble keeping him up with 3 pulls of even cons (I imagine since I haven’t gotten any AA points for him, yet), so I just put him away and went for the ol’ tried and true root/rot. I’ll grab a healer and mess with that for a bit. I’m sure there’s a bunch of new buttons I’m not used to that I should be using. I found the “oh shit” heal, at least, but I’m sure there’s more.
Unless you are well geared and AAed up you don't want to be fighting multiple even cons at 85 unless you have a box or two with you. That said, if you are subbed and this is a live server autogrant will give you all the AAs.

Here is the mission guide for HoT, which is where a new heroic 85 starts. I have no idea what gear heroic 85s get, but I do know they get some sick augs for doing the missions in HoT.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
If that's the case then that happened when they made it no longer buyable (or it was nerfed twice) because it was a very viable leveling route on mischief.

Yeah I'm pretty sure the 200k rat ears I hoarded are on Mischief, because I did it right before they made merchants stop selling them. It was a great leveling route at the time.

They give like 1/200th of the xp that they did pre-phinny

Mischief was well after Phinny and they still gave good exp when they were removed from merchants. You might be thinking of something else.

I was mainly wondering if the quest was still viable / worth selling the massive collection I have to get a couple kroner.

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If you want to pay an extra 2.99 a month you will no longer lose a level when you die. I'm not kidding.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
If you want to pay an extra 2.99 a month you will no longer lose a level when you die. I'm not kidding.
That's been around a long time now.

1710637066772.png

I've actually seen that perk be a negative on Vanakii(sp) due to not being able to delevel to do achievements for rewards. Have seen people people basically begging for a necro to help delevel.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
That's been around a long time now.

View attachment 520154

I've actually seen that perk be a negative on Vanakii(sp) due to not being able to delevel to do achievements for rewards. Have seen people people basically begging for a necro to help delevel.

My buddy was MT during the last TLE, and at first the perk didn't work, he managed to get a lot of free stuff from the GMs over that lol.

When they fixed it, I started seeing things like mages binding in OT to solo the Captain part for their epic. Tons of magician corpses around him :p

Borzak

I had the thought after a looking around in the game at level 90 and not played in quite a while that it would probably be easier to figure out if I started new than trying to figure out all the stuff I already had and how it worked. I have a ton of AA click crap and no idea what it is without looking it up. I haven't even thought about trying to go out and kill anything yet I'm still dicking with the UI and all that crap.

Lost my lvl 90 shaman which kinda sucks.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I had the thought after a looking around in the game at level 90 and not played in quite a while that it would probably be easier to figure out if I started new than trying to figure out all the stuff I already had and how it worked. I have a ton of AA click crap and no idea what it is without looking it up. I haven't even thought about trying to go out and kill anything yet I'm still dicking with the UI and all that crap.

Lost my lvl 90 shaman which kinda sucks.

At some point (Miragul server I think) I tried doing a heroic 85 necromancer to go do some soloing and whatnot. Was getting beaten down by DB mobs in New Feerott just trying to get the J5 merc tasks done, while I tried to figure out all the AAs and everything for 60-85 that I wasn't familiar with. It was pretty suck. Think I got some resists and died to a moss snake or something and fucked off back to regular TLPs.

Jumping ahead with a character in-progress just doesn't work for me in any form it seems like, I need to play them from early and know what everything does.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
At some point (Miragul server I think) I tried doing a heroic 85 necromancer to go do some soloing and whatnot. Was getting beaten down by DB mobs in New Feerott just trying to get the J5 merc tasks done, while I tried to figure out all the AAs and everything for 60-85 that I wasn't familiar with. It was pretty suck. Think I got some resists and died to a moss snake or something and fucked off back to regular TLPs.

Jumping ahead with a character in-progress just doesn't work for me in any form it seems like, I need to play them from early and know what everything does.
Yeah, I’ve got the level 100 heroic option now from the anniversary, but no idea what I’d do with it. I never really played anything other than Shaman, so I’d just be limp ducking it in whatever I boosted, not having a clue.

• 1Solidarity

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, I’ve got the level 100 heroic option now from the anniversary, but no idea what I’d do with it. I never really played anything other than Shaman, so I’d just be limp ducking it in whatever I boosted, not having a clue.
Probably been said but when you delete a boosted character you gain the boost back to use again. So you can test out classes if you wanted. Only thing of note is the $/food and some other things don't get refunded if you delete the boosted character so use with caution.

• 1Like