Everquest Mangler Server - DOING IT ALL AGAIN, AGAIN!

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah Holly did such a great job she has been hired to help WOW classic. god save us

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
With everyone being home I still dont understand their logic of not moving the new tlp releases up. Instead they made all tlps free. These people I just dont know.

Sterling

El Presidente
They're busy dealing with their current servers crapping out almost every single day. They ain't got no time for no new shit.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I get that shit's crazy out there and that messes with plans but the continued lack of information I find baffling. We know one of the servers is Mangler plus full boxing and the other has similarities to Mangler but with some new gimmicks. That's it and that info is a month and a half old. Surely they know what Aradune's ruleset is?

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
They're busy dealing with their current servers crapping out almost every single day. They ain't got no time for no new shit.

Which probably really highlights how bad the server stuff really is. They probably know they are missing out on some money, and still can't get the servers right. Panic.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
They are utterly terrible at communication. The whole time the server instability stuff was going on there was nothing on the forums talking about them looking into it or trying to solve it. You had to look at discord to even get anything. If you only read their official forums it looked like no one was doing anything.

My theory is that the fix, if it ends up working, was completely embarrassing if it was explained. But they're probably just terrible at communication.

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The other thing might be that they are thinking why not run mangler another month or 2, it's apparently still massively popular. They know as soon as they open a new TLP everyone is going to go there anyway. Why not milk Mangler for all it's worth? There are other possibilities, could be that Jchan doesn't like TLPs and she wants to focus on live? Seems like the new TLP announces were prior to Jchan taking over. Or maybe the server issues really are that bad and it's all hands on deck trying to fix it?

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wait for Mangler to finish up PoP then launch the new TLP to swoop up all the people who quit after PoP.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Wait for Mangler to finish up PoP then launch the new TLP to swoop up all the people who quit after PoP.
Probably their best bet. I think this one might go a little longer and stronger. Most of the people on this server came from Agnarr and we got cock-blocked at LDoN forever, so I'm interested in at LEAST until OoW. Coirnav didn't really suck as many people from Agnarr when it launched because it launched at like the worst possible time to siphon players.

I think Mangler will hold out until mid-late OoW then become a ghost town. All this depends highly on the "interesting" TLP. I did Agnarr and quit like 2 weeks into LDoN. I plan on playing Mangler for another year at least. After that, I'm probably done with EQ until some one adds some new fresh mod/emu that isn't in neckbeard choke-hold. I always thought the idea of LDoN was cool for leveling. I'd love some one to build in instanced "dungeons" for single groups for classic and beyond. I know it sounds 100% like WoW, but honestly that was one of the few things I liked about WoW. Doing dungeons, guaranteed exp/loot, and getting those RARE items. Imagine doing some Lguk dungeon and getting a Yak with a special second proc or Efreeti Lord and getting GEBs that also had higher AC so hybrids could use it and not feel like wizard pussies.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The other thing might be that they are thinking why not run mangler another month or 2, it's apparently still massively popular. They know as soon as they open a new TLP everyone is going to go there anyway. Why not milk Mangler for all it's worth? There are other possibilities, could be that Jchan doesn't like TLPs and she wants to focus on live? Seems like the new TLP announces were prior to Jchan taking over. Or maybe the server issues really are that bad and it's all hands on deck trying to fix it?

I'm sure that's what their original plan was, but everyone's not going to be stuck at home in 2-3 months with nothing to do. The way they're doing it will recycle the regular TLP players where a brand new server would have grabbed all them and a bunch more that don't normally do the TLP thing.

They're either incompetent for not realizing it or incompetent for not being able to make it happen

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I'm sure that's what their original plan was, but everyone's not going to be stuck at home in 2-3 months with nothing to do. The way they're doing it will recycle the regular TLP players where a brand new server would have grabbed all them and a bunch more that don't normally do the TLP thing.

They're either incompetent for not realizing it or incompetent for not being able to make it happen

Meanwhile P99 is attracting 2500 during peak times. I wonder how a fresh TLP that launched two weeks ago would have been reflected in P99 / Emu numbers.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Madikus

Knows nothing.
give us the dirty deets.

The short version is that Derubael accused me of boxing (I wasn't) and then with no proof and a quick chat in vent, he told me I was a liar and he had hard proof I was boxing but wouldn't share his proof with anyone. He banned my account and took all my plat and items. Getsome, Hokushin and Lilyanna worked some backdoor magic and got my account restored 2 months later, less all my shit. He also repeatedly forced me out of loot camps like AC and PS. If you remember that GM chat dump that got posted some time ago, they even talk about me (Wizikus) being an asshole (I wasn't) and trying to force me out of the PS camp to let their friends in.

Madikus

Knows nothing.

Maybe they wanted to wait for everyone to get their TrumpBux so they could sell the maximum number of XP pots and backpacks!

• 2Worf

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
The short version is that Derubael accused me of boxing (I wasn't) and then with no proof and a quick chat in vent, he told me I was a liar and he had hard proof I was boxing but wouldn't share his proof with anyone. He banned my account and took all my plat and items. Getsome, Hokushin and Lilyanna worked some backdoor magic and got my account restored 2 months later, less all my shit. He also repeatedly forced me out of loot camps like AC and PS. If you remember that GM chat dump that got posted some time ago, they even talk about me (Wizikus) being an asshole (I wasn't) and trying to force me out of the PS camp to let their friends in.

Derubael made like $11k off of that server by drop trading people's shit before drop trading was logged. Dude was corrupt as fuck. Only way I'll forgive him is if he were to repay those he banned and stripped with the money he got from that. If Rogean had spent more time on the server in the time that Derubael was active he'd be able to sniff it out sooner.

Literally every shitty experience like Derubael or Amelinda happened because someone that wasn't Rogean or nilbog were entrusted with power because nilbog/Rogean had very little time to actually participate in the server's community.

Rogean works a shit ton at his irl job as a network engineer and makes six figures.
Nilbog worked for FEMA and disaster relief if I remember right. Dude loved the NPCs more than the people playing the game.

Can't blame them for not wanting to spend the time policing manchildren and entrusting someone else to do it. They'd literally lose money irl every time they spent time on P99. Even if they were involved in some wacky crazy RMT conspiracy they would be wasting their time. Derubael made like $11k USD over the course of 2 years. That's less than the federal US minimum wage. Can't imagine he did it for the pocket change. Takes a real sociopath to do that kind of shit.

Rogean and Nilbog end up taking the blame because they did entrust those people, causing everyone to have distrust of them. It's a rough position to be in.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Golly gee, can't imagine why anyone would choose hands off TLP versus emus. Look at that great advertisement above!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Golly gee, can't imagine why anyone would choose hands off TLP versus emus. Look at that great advertisement above!

Hands-off TLPs are arguably worse. It's like playing russian roulette trying to get a CSR worth your time with a ticket submission.

People get banned for saying things other people don't like on TLPs. The only time I have ever seen someone have action taken on a TLP against them is when they bragged about doing something technically against TOS whether or not they were doing it or not. The CSRs at Darkpaw are horribly lazy. They'll ban you for threatening to train someone but not if that person stays quiet the entire time. I would know; I got countless morons banned on Agnarr that way by roleplaying a paladin to the point where they got pissed off at me and lashed out. There were maybe 2-3 people that were wise to my antics and just kept quiet the entire time they were harassing me or my camp. Those avoided bans.

People get banned on emulators for cheating, hacking, RMTing, training, killstealing, or otherwise general rule breaking, in comparison.

TLPs are for people who want to get away with sociopath-like behavior.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Zaide

TLP Idealist

Hail, Norrathians! It is almost time to begin a fantastic new adventure. The Time-Locked Progression servers Aradune and Rizlona are launching on May 27! It's time to begin new adventures and forge new alliances.

An EverQuest Progression Server is a way to experience EverQuest as it grew over time, starting during the earlier eras of the game. The Aradune Truebox Dedicated Progression and Rizlona Boxed Dedicated Progression servers begin with access to the original zones that were available at launch and will gradually add expansions every 3 months until Planes of Power/Lost Dungeons of Norrath.

Need to know what to expect on Aradune and Rizlona?

Dedicated GM - Rizlona and Aradune are GM dedicated servers, this means they will be more visible on your server and petition queues will go direct to them. It is possible that there will be instances where other GMs may assist when available but most will go to your specific GMs. Stay tuned in the coming weeks for more about your server's GMs!

Aradune Ruleset -
Mangler Ruleset for XP Progression
Agents of Change Enabled
Pick Zones Enabled

By playing on Aradune you agree to:

Absolutely No Automated/Unintended Game-play, any incident of automated gameplay is immediate suspension, second offence is a ban including Aradune associated accounts.

Boxing any more than 2 characters will result in the following actions taken against your account. First Offence: A written warning from the GM. Second Offence: A 7 day suspension of account privileges on all Aradune related accounts. Third Offence: Permanent ban on all Aradune associated accounts.

Rizlona Ruleset -
Mangler Ruleset for XP Progression
Agents of Change Enabled
Pick Zones Enabled

By playing on Rizlona you agree to:

Absolutely No Automated/Unintended Game-play, any incident of automated gameplay is immediate suspension, second offence is a ban including all Rizlona associated accounts.

To play on Aradune or Rizlona server when they launch, all you'll need is an All Access Membership. You can discover all of the perks of being an All Access Member and sign up here!