Everquest Memorabilia / Collectables / Figures / Artwork / Posters / Irontaail's Viper

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
That's an amazing collection up there, props to you, man.

I don't have much room left in my mancave to collect much EQ memorabilia, I have a collage of the classic illustrations up to PoP that I made and had printed and framed but it's rather small, and I still have the boxes from Kunark / Velious / Luclin.. other than that I've been considering making a custom Venril Sathir action figure from other stuff I have laying around.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Zaide

TLP Idealist
That's an amazing collection up there, props to you, man.

I don't have much room left in my mancave to collect much EQ memorabilia, I have a collage of the classic illustrations up to PoP that I made and had printed and framed but it's rather small, and I still have the boxes from Kunark / Velious / Luclin.. other than that I've been considering making a custom Venril Sathir action figure from other stuff I have laying around.
Dude you should def make that action figure and post pictures.

• 1Solidarity

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Was there ever a cloth map for the original 3 continents? I want to believe there was, but never see it anywhere on ebay/posted.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Every EQ1 D&D book
View attachment 316796
EQ Action Figures - I have all the rest except Iksar Warrior at my parents old house.
View attachment 316802
Every physically released EQ PRIMA guide including classic.
View attachment 316803
Other EQ Books, including a semi rare Luclin Lore book that I think came in some (but not all?) Luclin Big Boxes
View attachment 316804
All the non mainline EQ games. Pocket PC, EQOA, Champions of Norrath 1+2 and Lords of Everquest + DLC.
View attachment 316805
All mainline physical release EQ expansions that did not come in big box, including the special edition PoP w/ FV figure. (Not pictured, my LoY physical jewel case).
View attachment 316806
Every EQ map, including the old 989 Studios map, both cloth and paper Kunark maps (there were 2 Kunark Big Box editions) and ending with the cloth DoN map.
View attachment 316807
Odds and ends - Soundtrack, Legends of Norrath promo cards, Wurmslayer Keychain, Grozmok Stone Keychain and Cipher of Txevu? Keychain.
View attachment 316808
The 4 big box releases
View attachment 316810
Luclin box art signed/numbered by Keith Parkinson EB games exclusive action figure(s), pewter miniatures and Sharkbone Cutlass that you could only get through a mail order thing from the OG Kunark box...
View attachment 316809
victory lol GIF by Vidme

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Was there ever a cloth map for the original 3 continents? I want to believe there was, but never see it anywhere on ebay/posted.
I don't think there was ever an officially licensed cloth map for classic unless it was given out only at a fan faire. (Edit: Image posted one, not sure where it's from though!)

There are some really rare items floating around out there. Basically all the people you see on the classic/kunark cover art have pewter figures but there must only be a handful of them, never seen them for sale and can't find out where they came from. They gave out some EQ champaign and wine at some fan faires, and then there was a very rare EQOA comic book that was available briefly at EQOA launch.

Last edited:

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Not sure which release had that map, but it wasn't the original release:

Maybe the "small box" that was carried after launch? The white cloth map looks like stuff they released later (Gold Edition came w/ 3 white cloth maps), the Kunark map by contrast is cloth and has an "aged" tan cloth color.

Are you able to link us to the original twitter where that image is from?

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I totally did have a cloth map of the three vanilla continents. I didn't even buy a collector's box or anything. I purchased in maybe August 1999.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I totally did have a cloth map of the three vanilla continents. I didn't even buy a collector's box or anything. I purchased in maybe August 1999.
Do you remember if you had the big box or a more standard size? I remember seeing both boxes in stores back in the day but I never had the small box.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Do you remember if you had the big box or a more standard size? I remember seeing both boxes in stores back in the day but I never had the small box.
Yeah, that's a bit too much detail for me. I bought it at Sam Goody. They only had one size of it but I couldn't tell you which one it was.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Yeah, that's a bit too much detail for me. I bought it at Sam Goody. They only had one size of it but I couldn't tell you which one it was.
Yeah fair lol. For perspective the big box was pretty massive, it’s about the size of an original fat PS2. Here is the comparison of the big box to small box (I only have the Luclin small box from the original 4).

B799443F-32EF-4A70-96DD-0663D1D73A5B.jpeg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm not sure there was a cloth map for the original box but there are Kunark era cloth maps floating around the internet.

Golden Knight of the Realm
Zaide: To answer your question, it is my map
Sorry I don't keep boxes cause that isn't really my thing. I have only bought one copy of EverQuest release so I didn't get this anywhere else. This was the week of release cause I spent the first Sunday just trying to get the billing to go through with all their problems. Picked it up at the Best Buy in Paradise Valley, AZ /shrug

Can find other posts about this too, but obviously seems some got it later on after release:

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I'm not sure there was a cloth map for the original box but there are Kunark era cloth maps floating around the internet.
Kunark actually had two distinct big box releases, the original (right) came with a cloth map and had a tri-fold cover. The rerelease (left) had a paper map and a bifold cover.

image1 (1).jpeg
4.jpeg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Zaide: To answer your question, it is my map
Sorry I don't keep boxes cause that isn't really my thing. I have only bought one copy of EverQuest release so I didn't get this anywhere else. This was the week of release cause I spent the first Sunday just trying to get the billing to go through with all their problems. Picked it up at the Best Buy in Paradise Valley, AZ /shrug

Can find other posts about this too, but obviously seems some got it later on after release:

That's crazy, I never knew there was one that came w/ a cloth map! Thanks for the info dude.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Big boxes had the relief printing too! I just appreciate I image posting that which made me dig through my hope chest to see if the Vanilla map was cloth or not.

Kunark had cloth map, yes.
Velious had cloth map, yes. (edit- no)
Gold had 3 cloth maps - Norrath, PoP, Luclin.
Any others?

p.s. nerds, the lot of you

Last edited:

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Big boxes had the relief printing too! I just appreciate I image posting that which made me dig through my hope chest to see if the Vanilla map was cloth or not.

Kunark had cloth map, yes.
Velious had cloth map, yes.
Gold had 3 cloth maps - Norrath, PoP, Luclin.
Any others?

p.s. nerds, the lot of you
My Velious big boxes both came with a high gloss poster print map. Apparently I am slacking on cloth maps.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Sadly can’t find my old Kunark cloth map or my Kunark Prima guide. God, I read the fuck out of that thing. I think I still have the DoN cloth map, the epic 2.0 sheet and I believe the SK 2.0 epic keychain. Best loot I have I guess are the Fennin Ro server and Shaman banners auctioned at the 2005 Fan Faire (didn’t have enough money to also get the Iksar one). All at my parents house still, so don’t have any pics.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users