Everquest Memorabilia / Collectables / Figures / Artwork / Posters / Irontaail's Viper

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
My Velious big boxes both came with a high gloss poster print map. Apparently I am slacking on cloth maps.
Well I don't want to put any disinformation out there... I'm thinking the Velious maps were not from Velious xpan but from Gold huh?

So Vanilla had some cloths, Kunark had some cloths, Gold had 3 cloths, and DoN had a cloth one too (below)

s-l1600.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I wish there was an authoritative source for all these items and variants. Unfortunately it’s pretty rare to come back into about any old EQ physical release stuff.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Sadly can’t find my old Kunark cloth map or my Kunark Prima guide. God, I read the fuck out of that thing. I think I still have the DoN cloth map, the epic 2.0 sheet and I believe the SK 2.0 epic keychain. Best loot I have I guess are the Fennin Ro server and Shaman banners auctioned at the 2005 Fan Faire (didn’t have enough money to also get the Iksar one). All at my parents house still, so don’t have any pics.
Those banners sell for like 1-2 thousand dollars on EBay.

As a kid I took that Kunark Prima guide everywhere, I must have read it a dozen times.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
I forgot to mention earlier I also have that atlas book with Solusek Ro on the shimmering cover.. no pleather sleeve on mine though but it was pretty cheap. It's a great read for sure!

This thread is a big trip down nostalgia lane for sure. It's weird too because I only played EQ from 1999 to 2004, at which point I jumped into WoW as an old time Warcraft fan, and EQ was getting tired around the time of Omens of War.. I've played WoW for 16 years now and it's undoubtedly a way more polished product, and yet any time I hear anything about EQ (especially music), I'll find myself daydreaming into Butcherblock Mountain or the Greater Faydark like I'm back in 99, no other game has done that since and I doubt any other will.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
When Rick says he's gonna call of a buddy of his for EQ memorabilia I hope Zaide will have his phone turned on.

This thread is depressing cause I lost like all my memorabilia stuff (pokemon, beanie babies, EQ stuff) when Katrina hit FL except for this little ?pewter? figurine which I think is from EQ2(gross how did I even get this).
20201111_165639.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Those banners sell for like 1-2 thousand dollars on EBay.

As a kid I took that Kunark Prima guide everywhere, I must have read it a dozen times.
No joke I had every single thing in your collection zaide in addition to an everquest 2 lunch box and a replica of a sword from ww2 given to the devs who one sold ok ebay. Got married and got rid of all of it and now regret it massively seeing it all again. Sad panda.

Keith's wife was selling massive amounts of original art for eq back in 2015 and 2016.

• 1Like

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Indeed; silver is my favorite jewelry metal anyway! After seeing that he owns the proof of the comic #2, I can basically confirm Zaide is Jim Lee IRL (doxx alert).

So here's my nerdsperg:

Starting with the thing that gets me all the pussy. All. The pussy.

EQ Shadowbox I built with a working LED light inside; weighs about 30 lbs on the wall... see the little greyish spot on the bottom left? That's a stinkbug that somehow managed to get in there and die.

View attachment 316837

Above my desktop!

View attachment 316838

On one of my shitty catch-all shelves, FV stands. 0 cum-stains. My pride shineth due to this! I'm amused that I mentioned Irontaail's Viper in the header and realized after the fact that I have a red Viper model (in dire need of dusting) in this shot.

View attachment 316839

Oh look... books I'll never read because I can't read because I'm bl...hite. I'm white.

View attachment 316840

Most of these guides are just cut and paste numbers and data of all sorts of stuff like spells, zones, maps etc. It's hundreds of pages of stuff that we diehard EQers innately know in our heads, but a few books stand out in their own league. The Everquest Atlas: The Maps of Myrist is one the most professional, quality made books of the lot, and I'm putting chips down that Zaide would concur. Its content may not be the most deep-divable stuff lore-wise, but it is top notch as far as a well-made book is concerned. Everquest Companion (the one right next to it) is for your deep dives. The tabletop RPG books are all really cool for die-hard geeks... highly recommended. But if there were ONE book that was the best of them all that you guys would like, it's the 10th Anniversary one. Best EQ book ever.

View attachment 316841

A_Shaman_01 begins casting Curse Of The Spirits:

View attachment 316842

Of course, I still have the Water Sprinkler Of Nem Ankh encased in glass here, resting amidst the white roses of Faydwer. (kill me plz)

View attachment 316843
Having balls is no longer the weirdest thing about you.

• 2Worf

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Amod Amod request thread title have ‘or EQMCFAPIV for short’ added.

Last edited:

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Indeed; silver is my favorite jewelry metal anyway! After seeing that he owns the proof of the comic #2, I can basically confirm Zaide is Jim Lee IRL (doxx alert).

So here's my nerdsperg:

Starting with the thing that gets me all the pussy. All. The pussy.

EQ Shadowbox I built with a working LED light inside; weighs about 30 lbs on the wall... see the little greyish spot on the bottom left? That's a stinkbug that somehow managed to get in there and die.

View attachment 316837

Above my desktop!

View attachment 316838

On one of my shitty catch-all shelves, FV stands. 0 cum-stains. My pride shineth due to this! I'm amused that I mentioned Irontaail's Viper in the header and realized after the fact that I have a red Viper model (in dire need of dusting) in this shot.

View attachment 316839

Oh look... books I'll never read because I can't read because I'm bl...hite. I'm white.

View attachment 316840

Most of these guides are just cut and paste numbers and data of all sorts of stuff like spells, zones, maps etc. It's hundreds of pages of stuff that we diehard EQers innately know in our heads, but a few books stand out in their own league. The Everquest Atlas: The Maps of Myrist is one the most professional, quality made books of the lot, and I'm putting chips down that Zaide would concur. Its content may not be the most deep-divable stuff lore-wise, but it is top notch as far as a well-made book is concerned. Everquest Companion (the one right next to it) is for your deep dives. The tabletop RPG books are all really cool for die-hard geeks... highly recommended. But if there were ONE book that was the best of them all that you guys would like, it's the 10th Anniversary one. Best EQ book ever.

View attachment 316841

A_Shaman_01 begins casting Curse Of The Spirits:

View attachment 316842

Of course, I still have the Water Sprinkler Of Nem Ankh encased in glass here, resting amidst the white roses of Faydwer. (kill me plz)

View attachment 316843

I'll be god damned if I haven't been playing EQ on and off since 2000 and I always thought the red part on the shaman epic was some sort of meat on a stick. After seeing your life size version I actually had to google it to learn I am in fact retarded.

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I’m sorely tempted to see if I can get some Etsy fuck to make me a life-sized Time’s Antithesis. I don’t think any weapon in any game made as much of an impact on me as it did.

In terms of playing, one day I do want to go back and finish my epic 2.0. I thought I already had the piece from Anguish but I can’t find it anywhere in my bags. Don’t know how hard that would be to get now.

• 1Like

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wish there was an authoritative source for all these items and variants. Unfortunately it’s pretty rare to come back into about any old EQ physical release stuff.
My original EQ never had cloth. Not say say others didn't. Interestingly my original Kunark box had a cloth map, but the box I acquired later on around 2010 had a paper one. So I guess it depends upon when they were manufactured? Pissed I lost that original one.

Mine are as such:
  • Everquest - Paper
  • Kunark - Paper
  • Velious - Cloth
  • PoP - Cloth
  • EQ2 - Cloth
Edit: sorry for gross floor. garage rug.

20201112_025218.jpg
20201112_025045.jpg
20201112_024658.jpg
20201112_024825.jpg
20201112_024618.jpg

20201112_024950a.jpg

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
My original EQ never had cloth. Not say say others didn't. Interestingly my original Kunark box had a cloth map, but the box I acquired later on around 2010 had a paper one. So I guess it depends upon when they were manufactured? Pissed I lost that original one.

Mine are as such:
  • Everquest - Paper
  • Kunark - Paper
  • Velious - Cloth
  • PoP - Cloth
  • EQ2 - Cloth
Edit: sorry for gross floor. garage rug.

View attachment 317126View attachment 317127View attachment 317129View attachment 317130View attachment 317131
View attachment 317132
Nice stuff dude! Your cloth Velious and PoP maps are the same ones I got from the gold edition tin. Are you sure you don’t have that lying around somewhere?

I really like the look and feel of that big classic EQ map. It’s not cloth for me either but it’s a really nice quality paper.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I’m sorely tempted to see if I can get some Etsy fuck to make me a life-sized Time’s Antithesis. I don’t think any weapon in any game made as much of an impact on me as it did.

In terms of playing, one day I do want to go back and finish my epic 2.0. I thought I already had the piece from Anguish but I can’t find it anywhere in my bags. Don’t know how hard that would be to get now.
I have an Etsy guy who has given me a “maybe” on a life sized Wurmslayer lol. Fingers crossed.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
20201112_025218.jpg

Regarding this from Taunt's pic... I never touched EQII with a 10 foot pole though a girl I was seeing briefly had a younger nerdy sister and she was playing it and I looked over her shoulder as she was soloing some ice giants in the game hah. It looked decent, but... 0 interest. Same with the game ;)

Anyway... what's the lore/story here for this chicanery? Was there a global flood or was there a cataclysm that separated the lands apart?